Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Help! Best friend over seas

Old 10-26-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Help! Best friend over seas

Hey guys my best friend is currently deployed overseas and I am putting together a little care package. I realize that only I know him but I was hoping for some advice from anyone who either has been deployed, or had friends/family deploy on what to add.

His girlfriend told me that
Quote:
he always requests: DIP, porkgrinds, trailmix, beef jerkey, candy, sports magazines and anything that he can't really get over there! haha and I emphasize DIP...yuck but its what is helping him make it over there I guess!
I am going to add a big container of snacks that have some nostalgic value to us and this:

Any other ideas?
Old 10-26-2009, 07:35 PM   #3
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menametony View Post
maybe some pictures... phone card? oh... his gf's thong -=D haha
Haha all his friends hate his girlfriend, myself included haha. Pictures is a good idea, I'll throw in some rugby pics
Old 10-26-2009, 07:43 PM   #5
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
this is a good idea
x2 will those survive the shipment?
Old 10-26-2009, 07:45 PM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Couple bottles of Jack Daniels and maybe some Bacardi?
Old 10-26-2009, 07:46 PM   #7
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
babywipes
jolly ranchers
beef jerky
gummy bears
buy more dip too....it goes quick
Old 10-26-2009, 07:47 PM   #8
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Couple bottles of Jack Daniels and maybe some Bacardi?
we used to send liquor in detergent bottles....
Old 10-26-2009, 07:49 PM   #9
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.SS View Post
we used to send liquor in detergent bottles....
Haha, nice!!
Old 10-26-2009, 07:49 PM   #10
Menametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud of

Navy: ET1(SW/AW)
Menametony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Menametony
the goodies will be fine, my friends dad sent him JD in a syrup bottle... haha and i sent him 5 logs of dip.. he was extremely happy
Old 10-26-2009, 07:49 PM   #11
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
the goodies will be fine, my friends dad sent him JD in a syrup bottle... haha and i sent him 5 logs of dip.. he was extremely happy
Very nice!!!
Old 10-26-2009, 07:51 PM   #12
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!
fghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
fghtngsquirrel's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fghtngsquirrel
I've heard that they definitely like baby wipes! My best friend is deployed as well and they use baby wipes all the time...
Old 10-27-2009, 09:33 AM   #13
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
x2 will those survive the shipment?
Dood, tasty cakes will survive nuclear fallout.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:20 AM   #14
Motivator
YayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Police Caller
YayAreaTaco0311's Tacoma Gallery
cup noodles, sanitizer, foot powder, pack of powdered gatorade, sugar free chewing gum, etc...
Old 10-27-2009, 12:57 PM   #15
Protected by Armor Tech Offroad
dbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Dennis
dbronzo's Tacoma Gallery
Depending on his job Tampons are always a plus. Everything else will make him extremely happy.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:41 PM   #16
Stand for Nothing or Die for Something
NCTacoma09 has a brilliant futureNCTacoma09 has a brilliant futureNCTacoma09 has a brilliant futureNCTacoma09 has a brilliant futureNCTacoma09 has a brilliant futureNCTacoma09 has a brilliant futureNCTacoma09 has a brilliant futureNCTacoma09 has a brilliant futureNCTacoma09 has a brilliant futureNCTacoma09 has a brilliant futureNCTacoma09 has a brilliant future

Army: 11b
Name: Andrew
NCTacoma09's Tacoma Gallery
Ramen Noodles, baby wipes, beef jerkey, a couple movies, dip or cigarettes if applicable, magazines, and any other snacks he may like.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:47 PM   #17
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
There are a lot of good ideas on here. Im sure whatever you send your buddy will help him a lot. Good lokking out for your friend!!