Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Tough Week for Military Aviators

Old 10-30-2009, 09:37 AM   #1
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Tough Week for Military Aviators

It's been a long/hard/heartbreaking week for Military Aviators worldwide.

14 Lives lost in two Helo Crashes in Afganistan
2 Instructor Pilots Missing from Corpus Christie
And last- 7 souls on a Coast Guard C-130 and 2 souls on a Marine Cobra collided in midair off the California coast. None have been found yet.

I guess this could go in the Prayers section- but it hits a little closer to home here.

Keep our bothers and sisters at arms from the air in your mind.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:55 AM   #2
kws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kws129's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy

Absolutely heartbreaking - a friend of mine from High School (very small town) was on one of those helicopters.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:56 AM   #3
Legend of the UG
Kappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 307th Expeditionary Sig BN
Name: Mike
Kappes03's Tacoma Gallery
Damn.. sad
Old 10-30-2009, 10:15 AM   #4
jammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant future

Name: James
jammdogg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to jammdogg
God bless our military and families. I cannot imagine what they go through, so I just say thanks...

James
Old 10-30-2009, 12:33 PM   #5
Stand for Nothing or Die for Something
NCTacoma09 has a brilliant futureNCTacoma09 has a brilliant futureNCTacoma09 has a brilliant futureNCTacoma09 has a brilliant futureNCTacoma09 has a brilliant futureNCTacoma09 has a brilliant futureNCTacoma09 has a brilliant futureNCTacoma09 has a brilliant futureNCTacoma09 has a brilliant futureNCTacoma09 has a brilliant futureNCTacoma09 has a brilliant future

Army: 11b
Name: Andrew
NCTacoma09's Tacoma Gallery
This is terrible. I have alot of respect for helicopter pilots especailly MEDEVAC pilots. They came and got me when I needed it. And attack helicopter pilots provided me with plenty of air support. My prayers go out to thier families.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:55 PM   #6
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery

God Bless our troops and their families...

Thank you all for your service.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:01 PM   #7
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
That's why I consider these people heros. They put their lives on the line to protect me and my family. It's so sad to hear of these losses.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:05 PM   #8
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
two weeks ago there was also a mid air collision off the coast of south carolina, i pilot made it to base but the other one had to eject and is still not found to this day. I was one of the planes doing that SAR for that one. Its very unfortunate.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:07 PM   #9
Northern Alliance: Airlift Div
Coreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud of

Air Force: Flight Engineer
Coreyjon's Tacoma Gallery
"For those who will, and those who have"

My heart goes out to the family and friends of all involved.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:12 PM   #10
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAAC3TACO View Post
That's why I consider these people heros. They put their lives on the line to protect me and my family. It's so sad to hear of these losses.
X100! God Bless!
Old 10-30-2009, 02:50 PM   #11
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kws129 View Post
Absolutely heartbreaking - a friend of mine from High School (very small town) was on one of those helicopters.
Sorry to hear it was so close to home for you. I'm still waiting to hear about the Coasties in the crash in Cali...No names yet-Waiting in pins and needles.

Thanks to everyone else ...It's good to know that the folks at home pull for our deployed or otherwise engaged forces.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:06 PM   #12
Protected by Armor Tech Offroad
dbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Dennis
dbronzo's Tacoma Gallery
I always hate to hear about the loss of fellow service members. My thoughts and prayers go out to them.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:29 PM   #13
60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future60driver has a brilliant future

Army: E Co, 1-212th AVN
Name: Sean
60driver's Tacoma Gallery
armyaircrews

you can check out this site for a pretty comprehensive history of all army aviators who paid the ultimate price. I dont know if there are similar ones for the other branches. Let me know. http://www.armyaircrews.com/
Old 11-23-2009, 02:13 PM   #15
storktaylor is on a distinguished road

Marines:
storktaylor's Tacoma Gallery
Major Samuel Leigh, USMC was a good friend of mine from flight school and we winged together. He was in the USMC AH-1W that collided with the USCG C-130. He was a great pilot and a better guy with a great family. I went to his memorial service on Veterans Day in Maine.

I have to hand it to the state of Maine, the governor, BOTH US Senators, their US Congressman and the National Guard Adjutant General were all there. At first I thought it was a Veterans day political ploy, but they all came and left through the side door and did not talk to the media. They were there simply for Sam's family. Very Classy. It is good to know that there are still places in our country where service members get this type of respect.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:26 PM   #16
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
man thats sad
Old 11-23-2009, 02:28 PM   #17
abides.

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by storktaylor View Post
Major Samuel Leigh, USMC was a good friend of mine from flight school and we winged together. He was in the USMC AH-1W that collided with the USCG C-130. He was a great pilot and a better guy with a great family. I went to his memorial service on Veterans Day in Maine.

I have to hand it to the state of Maine, the governor, BOTH US Senators, their US Congressman and the National Guard Adjutant General were all there. At first I thought it was a Veterans day political ploy, but they all came and left through the side door and did not talk to the media. They were there simply for Sam's family. Very Classy. It is good to know that there are still places in our country where service members get this type of respect.
Never met him myself...but in testimony to how tight the aviation community is- lots of folks I do know have had direct contact with him at some point. He also moderated the Airwarriors forum that I frequent.

It's great to hear that he got such a dignified ceremony...Every single things I've heard about him indicates he deserved it.

Sorry to you for your loss sir.