1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Military Posers On Halloween

Discussion in 'Military' started by YayAreaTaco0311, Nov 2, 2009.

1. May 21, 2010 at 5:22 PM
    kinetik873

kinetik873 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Springfield, Va.
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD
    OME 3" lift, ARB bumper,DTRL, CB radio in console, 5lb fire extinguisher in bed. SockMonkey decals, Allpro rear bumper, UWS 42" bed box, Wet Okoles all around, snorkel, Pioneer Av3200, ..yadda yadda yadda
    Ive got mixed feelings on this. I think if youre gonna wear the uniform, make damn sure you do it honorably, acknowledge the service of actual members and such. If your a poser, well then, you deserve a solid kick in the groin and a good beatdown until you get the message. My .02

2. May 21, 2010 at 6:57 PM
    wvmountaintop

wvmountaintop Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Hampshire County, WV
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma 4 Door LB Sport
    Weather Tech Floor Mats, Anytime Fog Light Mod, Belt Chime Mod, Extra D-Rings under Bed Bolt, ARE MX Topper, Bed Rug
    When I was a child I remember my father ripping a young enlisted soldier a new one for being out of uniform at a grocery store, the guy was in uniform with his shirt un-tucked and unbuttoned, and my dad took exception to this. My dad enlisted in the USA and went to Korea where he was shot by a Chinese rifle (my mom still has his Purple Heart with the bullet in the case with it); he met my mom while recovering at the VA hospital where she was a candy striper volunteer. He reenlisted and then went to OCS and was again wounded flying helicopters in the Ia Drang Valley when I was 5-6 years old. He retired as a Lt. Col. after 23 years. He rest now at Arlington… He was at times a tough bastard but he earned the right to correct that young soldier and the respect that comes with wearing the uniform. He had my respect as do all who wear the uniform. Those that disrespect the uniform by pretending to be what they are not deserve all the punishment that the law allows and the scorn of all Americans,… and if they get thier asses kicked by a pissed off Marine,… tough shit!

God Bless our armed services… Support those who would go in your place or soon the enemy you may face.

3. May 22, 2010 at 8:25 AM
    Taco.Tim

Taco.Tim Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2010 Buhlue Access Cab 2WD
    Looking!
  4. May 22, 2010 at 9:04 AM
    Kenobe

Kenobe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Sport
    I've always said you could get anything done in the military with the right form filled out. But I guess you could say the same thing about any commercial business (faking a degree, resume, etc.).

5. May 24, 2010 at 5:02 AM
    ptaco88

ptaco88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC 4x4 TRD Sport
    Stock
    well said!!!

6. May 24, 2010 at 5:20 AM
    pwrstrk02

pwrstrk02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    randy
    kansas city missouri
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4,dc,off road, black pearl
    until i read the post, i thought you were out of line. full uniform, not on holloween is a fraud. the reason why you struck a chord was that i buy surplus millitary pants all the time for working around the house. there isnt anything wrong with that, they last forever and i dont care if i get paint, grass, mud, or anything on them. full uniform=noway/ using them for work clothes=ok

7. May 24, 2010 at 5:41 AM
    bailerc

bailerc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Fayetteville, NC
    Vehicle:
    16' MGM Limited
    I as well have mixed feelings for this I suppose , last year I actually ended up wearing my uniform after a last minute tear in my other costume before a party, but i guess the keyword there would be MY uniform, and the fact that it's still squared away

8. May 24, 2010 at 6:42 AM
    High-Gear

High-Gear Zombie Killer

Member:
    Newton, KS
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    TRD Supercharger, TRD Cat Back Exhaust, DR / Icon 2.5 Coilovers, Camburg UCA, TSB with AAL, Walker Evans 2.0 reservoir rear shocks, ARB Bull Bar, Smittybilt 10K Comp Winch, ARE Camper Shell, Con-Ferr Safari Rack, 4 KC Highlights on rack, 2 KC Rallye 800 on Bumper Armortech Off Road plate rear bumper. Firestone Airbags in rear, with Firestone compressor.
    I was not in the service (Hearing Impairment) and I definitely thank those who served! I continue to serve my community as a Police Sgt., and spent 5 years on SWAT. (Apparently I hear good enough to deal with Americans, but not foreigners...which I wouldn't be able to understand anyway...WTF!)

I ran into a dive instructor who told me he was a Sniper in the Navy! So I figure he must have been with the teams, as there aren't too many snipers in the Navy. He told me he used a HK sniper rifle. I asked him which model, and he couldn't remember. I happened to have gone to a DOJ sniper school put on by the FBI, and served as a SWAT sniper for 3 of the years I was on the team. I started asking him basic questions he should have been able to answer and all I got was the dead fish look. I started to walk out of his shop, and he asked if I was going to sign up for any classes. I told him I wouldn't trust my, or my wife's life to a liar, and he should be more careful in the future.

Products Discussed in

To Top