Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Coast Guard Role Call

Old 11-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #321
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sje1124 View Post
I'm a BM, it's a pretty sweet job if you get a good station or cutter.
But can conversely be a miserable assignment when you get a bad cutter or a weird out of rate assignment. BMs drive boats, except the ones that run MAA divisions at random units (like Base and Air Stations)

Eric-I got your PM...I'm a officer/pilot so I can't give you as good a perspective on the Enlisted side of the ouse as these other guys, but I think they are on the right track w/ the TACLET/LEDET route. Do be aware that you might end up operating off of Navy ships to do some of the missions. Reserve Port Security Units mig be worth looking into as well.

Also realize that it's VERY competitive to even get a boot camp slot right meow and you'll be waiting for a while.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #322
StormTrooper
757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future

Coast Guard: BM3 - Station New Haven, CT
Name: Tyler
757 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
But can conversely be a miserable assignment when you get a bad cutter or a weird out of rate assignment. BMs drive boats, except the ones that run MAA divisions at random units (like Base and Air Stations)

Eric-I got your PM...I'm a officer/pilot so I can't give you as good a perspective on the Enlisted side of the ouse as these other guys, but I think they are on the right track w/ the TACLET/LEDET route. Do be aware that you might end up operating off of Navy ships to do some of the missions. Reserve Port Security Units mig be worth looking into as well.

Also realize that it's VERY competitive to even get a boot camp slot right meow and you'll be waiting for a while.
x2
Old 11-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #323
eric3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to behold

eric3187's Tacoma Gallery
Well looks like i got some research to do now. thanks for all the input from everyone.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #324
MRies717 is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Bos'n Mate
Name: Matt
MRies717's Tacoma Gallery
Be a BM... Most opportunities. You can do any collateral, get to do all the fun shit.
Still as a BM you can get special assignment to taclet. I've tried but with no joy.
Just keep in mind. BMs in the CG are completly different the navy BMs
Old 11-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #325
USCG CWO is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: CWO3
Name: Shane
USCG CWO's Tacoma Gallery
Was a BMC prior to jumping ship to Warrant MSSD. Was on a TACLET from 97-00. Second best tour I have had. Made the rounds of the Caribbean aboard US, British, and Dutch ships. Eight drug seizures. Three biggest of 4,4 and 5 tons. Learned to scuba dive in Guantanmo Bay, work with the Seals off the Coast of Iraq doing smuggling ops, and was part of Operation Frontier Lance II working off an Army LCU off of the Coast of Haiti. TACLET is definitely a good time. Best job hands down was my tour on a construction tender. Where else can you work with big ass power tools, a diesel powered hammer mounted on 60ft crane and smash telephone poles into the ground. Then once all the lights and equipment are mounted back the cutter away and say, "I built that."
Old 11-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #326
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard buoy tenders are the shit. But hard ass work, they work hard and play hard.

Did you go to the buoy tender round-ups ever?
Old 11-11-2012, 04:37 PM   #327
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
My first your was on a buoy tender in Alaska and I loved it. I'm hoping to go back to one after I leave here. Buoy Tender Round up was awesome. We had outs in Juneau around CG day every year.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #328
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sje1124 View Post
My first your was on a buoy tender in Alaska and I loved it. I'm hoping to go back to one after I leave here. Buoy Tender Round up was awesome. We had outs in Juneau around CG day every year.
Hickory?
Old 11-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #330

Law Enforcement:
There's one out of Kodiak, a 225, CGC Spar....thanks to the info I just received below...

Hung out with a few guys on that boat.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #332

Law Enforcement:
Fail. Cuz I fucking knew that!!!

Old 11-14-2012, 08:14 AM   #334
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Now...

All TW coasties, it is requested that you help a shipmate out by voting for him everyday so he can win a Rigid Light Bar.

That is all!

BZ NNNN

Link in sig
Old 11-16-2012, 06:37 AM   #335
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
Now...

All TW coasties, it is requested that you help a shipmate out by voting for him everyday so he can win a Rigid Light Bar.

That is all!

BZ NNNN

Link in sig
Reporting as spam!
Old 11-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #336
Sabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: FN
Name: Kyle
Sabre's Tacoma Gallery
currently a FN on CGC polar star
pretty cool boat
Old 11-25-2012, 12:08 PM   #337
JHart94949 is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: ANT San Francisco
Name: Joe
JHart94949's Tacoma Gallery
I am an MK1, been in twelve years. 00-04 CGC Alex Haley, 04-08 CG Sta Lake Worth Inlet, 08-09 CGC Baranof (PATFORSWA) 09-present EPO CG Sta Vallejo.

It has been an awesome journey and I can't beat having a full time job and getting all my college payed for, all you junior Coasties out there...USE TA!!!!
Old 11-25-2012, 02:09 PM   #338
TACO SUPREME
c0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud of
Coast Guard: MK1/E-6
Name: Dennis
c0astie31's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to c0astie31
Hey bud mk1 here also came in 2000, traded my taco in for a tundra,
Old 11-25-2012, 11:33 PM   #339

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHart94949 View Post
I am an MK1, been in twelve years. 00-04 CGC Alex Haley, 04-08 CG Sta Lake Worth Inlet, 08-09 CGC Baranof (PATFORSWA) 09-present EPO CG Sta Vallejo.

It has been an awesome journey and I can't beat having a full time job and getting all my college payed for, all you junior Coasties out there...USE TA!!!!
Knew a couple people that either came from BM "A" or went to Sta Lake Worth from BM "A" school. Can't frickin remember who the hell it was though.

I wish I woulda used the TA while I was in...I had a lot of down time on Kodiak.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:10 AM   #340
tacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, Cutterman
Name: Tom
tacomathom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHart94949 View Post

I second that. If you're on shore duty and not taking collage classes, you're wasting your liberty time. I should have been smart enough to follow my own advise.