Notices

Coast Guard Role Call

Old 11-26-2012, 09:36 AM   #341
TacoToRunner is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
TacoToRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHart94949 View Post
I am an MK1, been in twelve years. 00-04 CGC Alex Haley, 04-08 CG Sta Lake Worth Inlet, 08-09 CGC Baranof (PATFORSWA) 09-present EPO CG Sta Vallejo.

It has been an awesome journey and I can't beat having a full time job and getting all my college payed for, all you junior Coasties out there...USE TA!!!!
It's about time you got rid of that bucket you called a truck and got a Tacoma Joe!
Old 11-28-2012, 07:23 PM   #342
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BlueTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Don't mean to cut in but I'm going into college in spring (planning) and actually looking into rescue swimming. Anyone here one? Just had a few Q's
Old 11-28-2012, 07:30 PM   #343
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTaco07 View Post
Don't mean to cut in but I'm going into college in spring (planning) and actually looking into rescue swimming. Anyone here one? Just had a few Q's
I'm not a swimmer-but I fly them to the excitement.
I might be able to help or at least bounce your questions off a swimmer for ya.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:36 PM   #344
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
I'm not a swimmer-but I fly them to the excitement.
I might be able to help or at least bounce your questions off a swimmer for ya.
I was just curious on the route they took after high school.. Any college or just straight to boot and A school/ training?
Old 11-28-2012, 07:43 PM   #345
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I was just curious on the route they took after high school.. Any college or just straight to boot and A school/ training?
Mixed bag-But most tend to pretty motivated in whatever they do.
They go thru boot camp and then spend a while (a year +) waiting/training in the "airman program" before school.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #346
Super Mod!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Mixed bag-But most tend to pretty motivated in whatever they do.
They go thru boot camp and then spend a while (a year +) waiting/training in the "airman program" before school.
And one more important thought was how much time are you away from family? I've heard awhile to an everyday not really specific. Thanks
Old 12-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #348
abides.

Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And one more important thought was how much time are you away from family? I've heard awhile to an everyday not really specific. Thanks
Duty days are normally 24 hours for aircrews. Non-Duty days are a "normal" workday...8-4 or so.
Deployments can last a couple weeks to a few months...but swimmers do not always go on deployment.
There are swimmers assigned to fixed wing units and they may deploy...I don't know- but those are usually a couple weeks to a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sje1124 View Post
Not sure if anyone has seen this yet....

http://www.keyt.com/news/local/Membe...181750121.html
Heard this morning. Sad to see something like this. RIP.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #349
Teniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to beholdTeniente is a splendid one to behold

Army: CPT, MI, USAR (Ret)
Teniente's Tacoma Gallery
USCG member killed in collision with smugglers panga

http://www.ktvn.com/story/20241063/c...ff-calif-coast

RIP, PO Terrell Horne III
Old 01-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #351
puddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuddle is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Retired
Name: Kris
puddle's Tacoma Gallery
Retired BMC 05/25/87-05/01/11
Cape May
ANT Grand Haven, MI
AIRSTA Kodiak (Drove the training boat)
STA Monterey (Got out of active duty, joined the Reserves)
Motor Life Boat Station Morro Bay
GITMO (Cuba) for about 6 months
PSU 312 (San Francisco)
8 months Kuwait/Iraq (mostly Iraq)
OCS-Official Civilian Status
Old 01-23-2013, 03:10 AM   #352
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757 Taco View Post
just graduated basic. I got orders to the CGC Reliance in Portsmouth, NH. Anyone have any advice or live in the area?
Enjoy it. Whatever 'sucks' or you don't want to do today will be something you look back at and laugh about at your next unit. Shut your trap and listen to the older fellas til you've been there awhile. And I know it's all you know so far but almost every enlisted has been to Cape May, we know the stories.

Other than that don't get discouraged by anything and do everything the best you can, the little stuff DOES get noticed. Get qualified in as much as you can without driving yourself crazy.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:21 AM   #353
StormTrooper
757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future

Coast Guard: BM3 - Station New Haven, CT
Name: Tyler
757 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
Enjoy it. Whatever 'sucks' or you don't want to do today will be something you look back at and laugh about at your next unit. Shut your trap and listen to the older fellas til you've been there awhile. And I know it's all you know so far but almost every enlisted has been to Cape May, we know the stories.

Other than that don't get discouraged by anything and do everything the best you can, the little stuff DOES get noticed. Get qualified in as much as you can without driving yourself crazy.
Thanks for the advice. I'm enjoying it so far. Work hard, play hard
Old 01-23-2013, 03:39 AM   #354
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
Tyler,

That came off kind of dickish, sorry. Good group of people who've seen it all though so if you have any questions to can't get answered on the boat this is a good place to go.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:58 AM   #356
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
not at all man, dont worry about it. doing my best to become qualified asap. the drawings and 1 in 3's are the only terrible things so far
aren't those one in three's fun!!??
Old 01-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #358
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
FA or SA?
Old 01-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #360

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
SA

Any ideas what rate you're going?