Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Coast Guard Role Call

Old 02-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #401
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm on inactive reserve right now, through Nov 2013. I'm not quite sure they will call me up as I have a critical position civilian job.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:46 PM   #402
SportyHeretic is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Electronic Warfare
Name: Jeremy
SportyHeretic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
I was looking at BM as a job after I figured out what it was, which is basically what I wanted to do. I was gonna talk to a recruiter to figure out specifics between each one. So when you join you get put in as an FN or SN then you choose later?

I wasn't aware that everyone signs for _ active and 4 inactive. I know reserve units still get called up to deploy pretty frequently with every other branch but I don't know as much about the CG.
After boot camp, many people go to the fleet as a FN/SN/AN. some people get direct to a-school. not sure if they are still offering that though. Going to the fleet is better IMO unless you really know you want to do something already. it sucks to be at the bottom but it helps you in the long run and you get to experience the different rates first hand.
As far a the inactive reserve, don't worry about it. if it comes down to it the draft isn't far behind. so all you need to worry about is the 4-6 initial years that you want to sign up for.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:40 AM   #403
Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance?
Doc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Doc4216's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHart94949 View Post
I am an MK1, been in twelve years. 00-04 CGC Alex Haley, 04-08 CG Sta Lake Worth Inlet, 08-09 CGC Baranof (PATFORSWA) 09-present EPO CG Sta Vallejo.

It has been an awesome journey and I can't beat having a full time job and getting all my college payed for, all you junior Coasties out there...USE TA!!!!
Station Vallejo? So did you have Willis there with you? She is on my VBS team in St Pete now.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:31 PM   #405
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Just think, we coulda seen ya on Coast Guard Florida had you been slightly east!

Good job though, good crew makes it easy. Have you done drops onto 87's? AirSta Port Angeles always asked us for help with their basket/swimmer drops and night ops.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:33 PM   #406
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Still unsure of why people with severe medical conditions or sick go out on a cruise. They keep us pretty busy down here as you know.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:54 PM   #407
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
Just think, we coulda seen ya on Coast Guard Florida had you been slightly east!

Good job though, good crew makes it easy. Have you done drops onto 87's? AirSta Port Angeles always asked us for help with their basket/swimmer drops and night ops.
I have not, but I've scheduled a few other folks to do it. We only have a couple small boats down here and they stay pretty busy...so it is far more the exception then the rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sje1124 View Post
Still unsure of why people with severe medical conditions or sick go out on a cruise. They keep us pretty busy down here as you know.
This cold have been an unknown issue...but yeah...some folks don't think about the impact of their actions on others.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:16 PM   #408
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Not worth starting a thread...but went out and did work last night.
http://www.wwltv.com/news/Coast-Guar...191609631.html

My flight mech and swimmer did an awesome job and made it super simple for me to domy part...
I want your job
Old 04-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #409
brian65oh is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: machinery technician
Name: Brian
brian65oh's Tacoma Gallery
A school list

hey everyone im currently in a school for mk and i have some questions on what you guys think about the picks i want; sta sand key fl, cgc pea island fl, sta vallejo ca, or sta gloucester ma. there are some 270 and an air sta and cgc eagle but those im not interested in, let me know what you guys think or if you have any experience at any of these places
Old 04-07-2013, 07:50 AM   #410
MRies717 is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Bos'n Mate
Name: Matt
MRies717's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian65oh View Post
hey everyone im currently in a school for mk and i have some questions on what you guys think about the picks i want; sta sand key fl, cgc pea island fl, sta vallejo ca, or sta gloucester ma. there are some 270 and an air sta and cgc eagle but those im not interested in, let me know what you guys think or if you have any experience at any of these places
Get UW!!! Land duty is boring. Plus the sea time will help you with mk2.
Good luck with the rest of a-school
Old 04-07-2013, 08:19 AM   #411
JHart94949 is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: CG Station Vallejo
Name: Joe
JHart94949's Tacoma Gallery
Brian, first off I am the EPO of Station Vallejo...great station. Tons to so in the surrounding area, you will learn a lot about Small boats (RBS, and RBM), LE and SAR. I have been on big cutters, patrol boats, and stations. It all depends on what YOU want. Look into every unit and make a choice that fits YOUR life and career goals. I have 5 years out of 13 on a boat and I am in a great position in my career and I get to spend a lot if time with my family. If you go to sea or to land based on what fits someone else's life you may be unhappy and that will reflect in your quality if work and motivation.

Shoot me an IM and I will give you my number if you have question.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:23 AM   #412
JHart94949 is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: CG Station Vallejo
Name: Joe
JHart94949's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc4216 View Post
Station Vallejo? So did you have Willis there with you? She is on my VBS team in St Pete now.
Yes, Willis was stationed with me for about a year. Tell her hi for me.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:06 AM   #413
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian65oh View Post
Married? Kids? If neither then get underway on anything and learn from everyone, good and bad. Your unit is whatever you make it. Every one has people that bitch and moan and people that love it.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #414
Sabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: FN
Name: Kyle
Sabre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHart94949 View Post
Brian, first off I am the EPO of Station Vallejo...great station. Tons to so in the surrounding area, you will learn a lot about Small boats (RBS, and RBM), LE and SAR. I have been on big cutters, patrol boats, and stations. It all depends on what YOU want. Look into every unit and make a choice that fits YOUR life and career goals. I have 5 years out of 13 on a boat and I am in a great position in my career and I get to spend a lot if time with my family. If you go to sea or to land based on what fits someone else's life you may be unhappy and that will reflect in your quality if work and motivation.

Shoot me an IM and I will give you my number if you have question.
Do u know Brian Meachum?
Old 04-10-2013, 06:57 PM   #415
Made in Maine.... Yessah bub!
JNome has a spectacular aura aboutJNome has a spectacular aura aboutJNome has a spectacular aura about

Coast Guard: Ensign
Name: Jake
JNome's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Not worth starting a thread...but went out and did work last night.
http://www.wwltv.com/news/Coast-Guar...191609631.html

My flight mech and swimmer did an awesome job and made it super simple for me to domy part...
Awesome! Great job done! I'm headed down to Pcola August 19th to start flight training myslef. Can't wait!
Old 04-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #418
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
Just got these........
Old 04-24-2013, 07:21 PM   #419
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
Update
Apr 2009- may09 boot
May09- June 11 uscgc vigilant (sn)
Jun 11- oct 11 airsta clearwater (an)
Oct 11 -march 12 AMT A school e- city (an)
March 12- present (amt3- BA)
Old 04-24-2013, 07:54 PM   #420
tacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, Cutterman
Name: Tom
tacomathom's Tacoma Gallery
Congratulations Petty officer Mason!