Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Coast Guard Role Call

Old 09-15-2013, 12:41 PM   #461
Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance?
Doc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Doc4216's Tacoma Gallery
Cuts

In case nobody told you, the cuts came out on Friday!! Good luck to everyone.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #462
Doc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Doc4216's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian65oh View Post
thought i would drop on by and see whos in the area im at STA Sand Key FL, its great i really like it down here in D7, its a nice change from the D13 pacific north west.
I'm at Sector! I love D7 too, but I haven't been anywhere else in 12 years...probably going to change that next summer.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:27 AM   #463
brian65oh is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: machinery technician
Name: Brian
brian65oh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc4216 View Post
I'm at Sector! I love D7 too, but I haven't been anywhere else in 12 years...probably going to change that next summer.
i saw your truck couple weeks ago i think. I had to replace an outboard on our 25 so we brought it on over to use the shop. what do you do at sector?
Old 09-30-2013, 05:13 AM   #464
BillE is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard:
Name: Bill
BillE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by captchas View Post
thanks to all you active duty people. navy and CG reserve here now a lowly aux member for the last 20 + years with d01s sector/station NY. doing Hudson river safety patrols
Welcome!

Worked with CGA quit a bit when I was with BOSDET (way back when)...lot of good folks.

Bill
Old 09-30-2013, 04:51 PM   #465
07 BLACK FJ is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard:
Name: Bryan
07 BLACK FJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc4216 View Post
your at sector? sector miami?
Old 10-14-2013, 02:50 PM   #466
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone been stationed in Sitka, AK or know anyone thats stationed there? Trying to figure out if i want to put ANT Sitka on my picks or extend where i am for another year....
Old 10-18-2013, 06:10 AM   #467
chiz is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard:
Name: Craig
chiz's Tacoma Gallery
I was at sector st pete at the ESD from 2003 to 2007
Old 10-18-2013, 06:19 AM   #468
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sje1124 View Post
Has anyone been stationed in Sitka, AK or know anyone thats stationed there? Trying to figure out if i want to put ANT Sitka on my picks or extend where i am for another year....
Had a BM2 (now BM3) at my last unit and my old FN is an AMT up there now and loving it. Knowing SE Alaska I'd do it in a heartbeat if I wasn't married. If you're pushing for an XPO job there I would say definitely try.

Got orders to the Tern last week, really excited. Good weather and a different platform to work on.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:34 PM   #469
eyebrows is one of the sharper tools in the shedeyebrows is one of the sharper tools in the shedeyebrows is one of the sharper tools in the shedeyebrows is one of the sharper tools in the shedeyebrows is one of the sharper tools in the shedeyebrows is one of the sharper tools in the shedeyebrows is one of the sharper tools in the shedeyebrows is one of the sharper tools in the shedeyebrows is one of the sharper tools in the shedeyebrows is one of the sharper tools in the shedeyebrows is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Machinery Technician
Name: Nick
eyebrows's Tacoma Gallery
MK3

CGC Mustang 10-12
CGC Baranof 12-13
next stop CGC Bluebell!
Old 01-01-2014, 10:54 AM   #470
FlyersFan1050 is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Andrew
FlyersFan1050's Tacoma Gallery
BM2

Sta Woods hole '07-'09
Sta Barnegat Light '09-'15
Old 02-01-2014, 12:07 AM   #472
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting about the CAC not working since you're taught to show it if requested for a badge. I'm sure it could be argued both ways with no real distinct yes or no. Other services I could see it being an issue since security forces/MAs/Mil Pol don't have the authority and jurisdiction we hold. Honestly it sounds like a pretty flimsy law to rely on and the ALCOAST reinforces that thought. http://www.uscg.mil/announcements/al...10_alcoast.txt

I guess my biggest question is what the reasoning behind the law was in the first place other than some kind of extra benefit or provision to LEOs.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:13 PM   #473
CDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
CDSurfPhotography's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys I'm a junior at SDSU and I hope to join the Coast Guard when I graduate. Right now one of my class is requiring me to research a magazine in the career I want to do in the future so I was wondering if you guys recommend any magazines.
Thanks
Old 02-03-2014, 06:34 PM   #475
CDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks all of those are really helpful, hopefully I can learn a decent amount before I go to the recruiter in about a year.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:52 AM   #476
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDSurfPhotography View Post
Thanks all of those are really helpful, hopefully I can learn a decent amount before I go to the recruiter in about a year.

I would not wait a year to start engaging with a recruiter. It can be a long wait for a spot and they can be hard to get. Start asking now...
Old 02-04-2014, 08:40 AM   #478

Ok cool, that's some good info I didn't know, I'll try heading down to the office in the next few weeks. Do you guys have any suggestions before I head down there? I'm planning on graduating Spring 2015 as a Communication Major but I'm open to do anything. And I'll PM you Mr. Brown if I have any questions. Thanks
Old 02-07-2014, 07:59 AM   #479

Coast Guard:
Doc4216's Tacoma Gallery
Just got my orders to Alameda! So excited!
Old 02-07-2014, 10:36 PM   #480
SportyHeretic is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Electronic Warfare
Name: Jeremy
SportyHeretic's Tacoma Gallery
I get to go back to Seattle. Hooray