Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

2010 Basic Allowance for Housing rates.

Old 12-17-2009, 03:49 PM   #21
qballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to behold
Army: SSG
qballenko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxboy57 View Post
I think it has gotten much better since then. Last year as an E-2, single soldier, I was getting $1100 a month for BAH while I was at BCT and AIT. that was pretty sweet.

I hope you kept that money. Im not sure of your situation but it sounds like you mistakenly got paid BAH.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:29 PM   #22
giddy up!
derekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 4C071
Name: Derek
derekp's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to derekp
I have noticed several USAF areas had a decrease in BAH ( http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/perdiem/bah.html ). My current area had a decrease of $69 for E-6 and $19 for E-7 (previous area had $26 decrease for E-6 and $10 increase for E-7) . The articles I have read state an average increase of 2.5% increase in BAH, so some places are making a large increase or the "study" that breeds BAH rates determined a lower level of living for certain ranks and/or certain bases.

(If I make E-7 and pin on in 2010 I will still have a decrease in BAH, even with the "rate protection".)
Old 12-19-2009, 07:33 AM   #24
qballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to behold
Army: SSG
qballenko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
I hope no one notices he kept that money- Uncle Sam is BRUTAL when it comes time to pay back incorrect pay/allowances.

My thoughts exactly. May be finding himself with a couple of no pay dues.

Never heard of a E2 who is single getting BAH, other than one being paid by mistake. If he has a dependent then he should be ok. But if not, he is either just making stuff up or about to find out how bad it can get when the Army comes back for its money.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:32 PM   #25
TheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 63B
TheOtherGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by qballenko View Post
My thoughts exactly. May be finding himself with a couple of no pay dues.

Never heard of a E2 who is single getting BAH, other than one being paid by mistake. If he has a dependent then he should be ok. But if not, he is either just making stuff up or about to find out how bad it can get when the Army comes back for its money.

It was not a mistake. I had two differant E-7s doing the paper work; If one had made a mistake the other one certainly would have caught it. The soldiers that were married or had dependants were getting more than I was.

Edit: I live in a pretty high cost zip code. One of my room mates that lived in rural missouri was getting much less than I because his area had a low cost of living.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:37 PM   #26
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxboy57 View Post
It was not a mistake. I had two differant E-7s doing the paper work; If one had made a mistake the other one certainly would have caught it. The soldiers that were married or had dependants were getting more than I was.
of course they were...single rate BAH and dependent BAH. i got single rate BAH as an e-3, but i was at my first duty and off base in an apartment
Old 12-19-2009, 01:00 PM   #27
TheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 63B
TheOtherGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
of course they were...single rate BAH and dependent BAH. i got single rate BAH as an e-3, but i was at my first duty and off base in an apartment
I had an apartment in baton rouge near LSU campus while I was in training. That is a pretty expensive place to live. The liasons(sp?) looked at my lease agreement and did some paper work and then I could get BAH. Many of the people in my company did the same, except for the people that lived with their parents.

I seriously doubt a couple of E7s would risk their careers to help some privates they don't know and will never see again get a bit more money.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:05 PM   #28
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
I'm stationed in Monterey, CA so my BAH is AWESOME! $2202.00 as an O3 ftw, plus my rent is way less than that... but I do live in a barely average apartment