Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

2010 Basic Allowance for Housing rates.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:03 AM   #1
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
2010 Basic Allowance for Housing rates.

The 2010 rates are now out fellers!
Old 12-16-2009, 04:36 PM   #3
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
3.4%, right?
Old 12-16-2009, 04:39 PM   #4
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
too hard to link them

www.militarytimes.com
Old 12-16-2009, 04:48 PM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

http://www.navycs.com/2010-military-pay-chart.html
Old 12-16-2009, 04:53 PM   #6
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
never heard of navycs.com before...interesting, thanks
Old 12-16-2009, 04:54 PM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.SS View Post
never heard of navycs.com before...interesting, thanks
i just yahoo'd 2010 military pay charts and it came up
Old 12-16-2009, 04:57 PM   #8
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
BAH does not ='z Pay Charts- It's a 3.4% raise...but BAH values get changed based on local economic markers.

http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/perdiem/bah.html
to look up your paygrade/zip code BAH payment....Keep in mind (iirc) you get to keep your higher BAH if you local BAH goes down. If it goes up- You get the increase.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:03 PM   #9
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Wow. So Coasties FTW. I post up info about the 2010 Basic allowance for Housing and everyone non Coast Guard assumes Basic pay. Guess that's why were in the Coast Guard! HAHAHAHA!!!
Old 12-16-2009, 07:05 PM   #10
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Chiken View Post
Wow. So Coasties FTW. I post up info about the 2010 Basic allowance for Housing and everyone non Coast Guard assumes Basic pay. Guess that's why were in the Coast Guard! HAHAHAHA!!!
if u had stated BAH, instead of Bah like u were disappointed, then it'd be different
Old 12-16-2009, 07:14 PM   #11
︻╦╤─

Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
I got it right...lol
http://www.navytimes.com/news/2009/1...rates_121609w/

I just selected the link for the military times at the bottom of the article
Old 12-17-2009, 04:13 AM   #12
︻╦╤─

Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
not BAH..

http://militarytimes.com/projects/mo...10/basic/0_20/
Old 12-17-2009, 04:31 AM   #13
The TW 1%
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
if u had stated BAH, instead of Bah like u were disappointed, then it'd be different

For some strange reason the forum wont allow all caps in the title. I put BAH but it posted Bah.
Aw hell, I just changed the entire title.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:13 AM   #15
If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!
Mark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LCDR Mustang (Ret) - 30 yrs - Submarine and Target Service
Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
I really wish you guys/gals were paid better, but I will say that allowances have come a long way. When I was first eligible for housing allowance, it was set for CONUS....same everywhere.
Military pay and allowances will never compensate you for your sacrifices!

Merry Christmas and thanks for having my back!
Old 12-17-2009, 10:11 AM   #16
Sooooooper Moderator

when i was active duty, an e-4, and living off base in abilene, tx....my BAH was $430 or so a month, and that was when i left in 04
Old 12-17-2009, 10:40 AM   #17
cabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shedcabarbhab is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Andy
cabarbhab's Tacoma Gallery
yes mine is gonna drop 5 bucks a month.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:49 AM   #18
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabarbhab View Post
yes mine is gonna drop 5 bucks a month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by About.com-Military Section
Once the member arrives, rate protection applies, and the member will receive any published increase, but no decrease in housing allowances. For members at a given duty station when new BAH rates take effect, rate protection guarantees that typical out-of-pocket may be less, but never more, than when they arrived.
Nope- Yours will remain what it is right now. Another 6 pack of cheap beer or a combo at Taco Bell...
Old 12-17-2009, 01:57 PM   #19
TheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 63B
TheOtherGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
when i was active duty, an e-4, and living off base in abilene, tx....my BAH was $430 or so a month, and that was when i left in 04

I think it has gotten much better since then. Last year as an E-2, single soldier, I was getting $1100 a month for BAH while I was at BCT and AIT. that was pretty sweet.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:30 PM   #20
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxboy57 View Post
I think it has gotten much better since then. Last year as an E-2, single soldier, I was getting $1100 a month for BAH while I was at BCT and AIT. that was pretty sweet.
its all where u are...if i were at shaw afb in SC i would have got like $700