LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

who is the highest Military Rank and Pay grade

View Poll Results: What paygrade are you?
E1-E3 119 8.38%
E4 205 14.44%
E5 329 23.17%
E6 178 12.54%
E7-E8 137 9.65%
E9 39 2.75%
CWO2-5 39 2.75%
O1-O2 99 6.97%
O3 75 5.28%
O4 51 3.59%
O5+ (I doubt it) 149 10.49%
Voters: 1420. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2009, 02:13 PM   #21
sc426hemi will become famous soon enoughsc426hemi will become famous soon enough
Air Force: C-130 loadmaster
Name: Wayne
sc426hemi's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sc426hemi
E4 in a couple months USAF trying for O1 within 2-4 years from now
Old 12-19-2009, 02:22 PM   #22
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc426hemi View Post
E4 in a couple months USAF trying for O1 within 2-4 years from now
are you gonna fly?
Old 12-19-2009, 02:38 PM   #23
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

solus's Tacoma Gallery
is there really 4 O5+'s on here or are ppl f'in w/ me?
Old 12-19-2009, 02:42 PM   #24
JTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Flight School
Name: JT
JTaco386's Tacoma Gallery
E-5 in the Army. I'm in Air Defense Artillery and trying to get picked up as a flight warrant, so far no luck. Any flight warrants here?
Old 12-19-2009, 03:04 PM   #25
spiceman will become famous soon enough

Navy: Engineer
spiceman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus694 View Post
is there really 4 O5+'s on here or are ppl f'in w/ me?
If people are not willing to open a discussion then I would guess they are messing with you.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:18 PM   #26
Greenside Doc
sshumphrey1 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Greenside Doc
sshumphrey1's Tacoma Gallery
Who is the highest

E-6 / hm1
Old 12-19-2009, 03:22 PM   #27
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTaco386 View Post
E-5 in the Army. I'm in Air Defense Artillery and trying to get picked up as a flight warrant, so far no luck. Any flight warrants here?
The best way is to go to the reserves, get picked up there, go to Rucker for flight school and then go back to active duty after a few months. I'm not a warrant, but I'm in a reserve attack aviation unit and I've seen it done many times.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:27 PM   #28
sc426hemi will become famous soon enoughsc426hemi will become famous soon enough
Air Force: C-130 loadmaster
Name: Wayne
sc426hemi's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sc426hemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus694 View Post
are you gonna fly?
i fly now as enlisted so if i cant get into UPT or nav school im gonna stay enlisted. either way im stayin with the 4 fans of freedom till im out
Old 12-19-2009, 03:29 PM   #29
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
LOL... you do realize that about only 1 in 4 officers fly, right?
You didn't hear, all us AF guys fly planes...kind of like all navy guys pilot ships.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:02 PM   #30
RoadKingMoe is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Ground Nav-Aids in the 70s, Aircraft Maintenance in the 80s, Comm-Computer in the 90s, retired now
RoadKingMoe's Tacoma Gallery
E-5 + O-4, retired in '94.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:22 PM   #31
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
LOL... you do realize that about only 1 in 4 officers fly, right?
yeah I do... I figure I had a 1 and 4 chance of getting it right... besides, most officers in the Chairforce let the contractors do the work... lol... kidding
Old 12-19-2009, 04:25 PM   #32
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
is there a site detailing what these paygrades mean?
Old 12-19-2009, 04:32 PM   #33
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
is there a site detailing what these paygrades mean?
it depends on the service, each service has a different set of ranks but as a standardization for pay purposes the DoD has set that all go by the same paygrade.

i.e
paygrade: E4 =
Navy/Coast Guard: Petty Officer 3rd class
Army: Corporal
Marines: Corporal
Air Force: Senior Airmen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Templat...parative_ranks

oh hey tcbob is there a way to add "Warrant Officer" in between E9 and O1-O2 on the poll?
Old 12-19-2009, 04:39 PM   #34
gjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: LAR (Master Gunner/Instructor)
Name: Guy
gjbonner's Tacoma Gallery
Yep the rnaks may be different an dthe jobs different too but an E- or O- whatever gets paid the same no matter what service. E-4 in the Airforce gets paid the same as an E-4 in the Army no matter what job they are doing. the only thing that makes it different is the time they have been in the service because you get raises every year until 4 and then it goes every 2 years ie 6, 8, 10, etc...

We should also point out that even though an E-9 has been in for 20 years or more an O-1 who has only been in 1 year is still senior to the E-9 but no E-9 will ever let a "boot" Lt tell him what to do . So it is more adequate so see who is the senior Enlisted and Senior Officer.

Typically an E-6, O-1 and O-2 are at the same level. and an E-8 will be with and O-3 and E-9s will be with O-4s and higher depending on how long the E-9 has been in his present grade. Enlisted work as advisors to the Officers. they work together to accomplish the mission.

Now for the Marines, when you get to the E-8 and 9 department there is 2 different ranks for each pay grade. 1st Sgt(E-8) and Sgt Major (E-9) is an administrative type job where Master Sgt (E-8) Master Gunnery Sgt(E-9) are in the tactical realm dealling with things necessary to train the troops.

Maybe someone else can shed some light on thier respective services and how they work for the civilian community that has an interest in our posts here.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:42 PM   #35
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjbonner View Post
Yep the rnaks may be different an dthe jobs different too but an E- or O- whatever gets paid the same no matter what service. E-4 in the Airforce gets paid the same as an E-4 in the Army no matter what job they are doing. the only thing that makes it different is the time they have been in the service because you get raises every year until 4 and then it goes every 2 years ie 6, 8, 10, etc...
theres also incentive pay (hazardous duty, Submarine, flight, nuke, etc), housing allowances, subsistence allowance... etc
Old 12-19-2009, 04:43 PM   #36
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc426hemi View Post
i fly now as enlisted so if i cant get into UPT or nav school im gonna stay enlisted. either way im stayin with the 4 fans of freedom till im out
when I say fly... I mean pilot
Old 12-19-2009, 04:47 PM   #38
CJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to beholdCJH9980 is a splendid one to behold
Army: RN-Army Reserve 66H
Name: Clint
CJH9980's Tacoma Gallery
O-1 Army
Old 12-19-2009, 04:49 PM   #39
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
WHat do you mean by "mean." Responsibilities?? Pay?? Your question is really open to be answered many ways.

I picked 0-3....I'm a LT (sel)..and I don't intend to do anything to get that revoked.
thats fine...

I assumed he meant rank
Old 12-19-2009, 04:51 PM   #40
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJH9980 View Post
O-1 Army
its says you're a medic... what is that exactly, different from a Doctor but is it equivalent to our corpsmen but an officer? because in the Navy medics are all enlisted, medical officers are a professional corps, ie Doctors, PAs, Nurses, etc