Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

who is the highest Military Rank and Pay grade

View Poll Results: What paygrade are you?
E1-E3 124 8.40%
E4 213 14.42%
E5 344 23.29%
E6 184 12.46%
E7-E8 145 9.82%
E9 41 2.78%
CWO2-5 42 2.84%
O1-O2 100 6.77%
O3 78 5.28%
O4 53 3.59%
O5+ (I doubt it) 153 10.36%
Voters: 1477. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2013, 03:32 AM   #701
AWilson013 is on a distinguished road

Army: Boom
Name: Alex
AWilson013's Tacoma Gallery
E6 / Army. Just hit 5.5 years, out in January after this latest deployment.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #703
MadMedic35 is on a distinguished road
MadMedic35's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnychimpo711 View Post
I know if you are going to WOCS or OCS or SF after basic you will be automatically promoted to E5, for pay purposes only.
l
False! 18X's only get promoted to E-5 when they graduate the Q Course and pick up an actual 18-Series MOS. And it's not for pay purposes only...there is no MTOE slot for E-4 18 series.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:45 AM   #704
MadMedic35 is on a distinguished road
MadMedic35's Tacoma Gallery
I've posted twice but not my own information.

SSG, 18D

3rd SFG(A)
Old 07-13-2013, 11:04 AM   #705
jdavis92 has much to be proud ofjdavis92 has much to be proud ofjdavis92 has much to be proud ofjdavis92 has much to be proud ofjdavis92 has much to be proud ofjdavis92 has much to be proud ofjdavis92 has much to be proud ofjdavis92 has much to be proud ofjdavis92 has much to be proud ofjdavis92 has much to be proud of
Navy: Radioman Petty Officer Second Class
jdavis92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman View Post
RMC E-7 (SW) ret
U.S. Navy Radioman 30 years 1977 - 2007
Communications Technical Controller
RM2 (E5) 1996-2000

Where'd you serve?
Old 07-31-2013, 09:29 PM   #706
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dommo View Post
Lol, fair enough.

Some of the funniest shit I have ever seen is the MCoE band, for the graduations here at Benning. One of them, this SPC, looks like a cube, thats the best way I can describe him. I guess he plays a mean trumpet or something, who knows.
Hi-fricken-larious. When I went to RTC in great lakes the highest ranking officer on base was the dentist. He was really insecure about it, had a GIANT sign on his door that said when you see this: "(cheezy eagle insignia pic) YOU SAY SIR!!!!!!!!!!"

lmfao! Bastard took out my 4 wisdom teeth with a hammer and what I swear was a flathead screwdriver with 2 shots of novacaine and 6 500mg vicodin pills afterwards. Then the next day when too many recruits were on LLD he signed a form saying I was cleared for normal duty with blood running out of both sides of my mouth at the time stuffed with cotton. Good times..
Old 08-01-2013, 08:28 PM   #707
RyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 1Lt, C-130 Navigator
Name: Ryan
RyanLikesTacos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
Clueless 1Lt (USAF) here. Capt in May.

Combat Systems Officer
Are you still at NASP? Or move onto to Eglin? Navarre is between the two? I graduated CSO training in March, at Little Rock AFB now. What class were you in?
Old 08-01-2013, 08:48 PM   #708
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorhavok View Post
Hi-fricken-larious. When I went to RTC in great lakes the highest ranking officer on base was the dentist. He was really insecure about it, had a GIANT sign on his door that said when you see this: "(cheezy eagle insignia pic) YOU SAY SIR!!!!!!!!!!"

lmfao! Bastard took out my 4 wisdom teeth with a hammer and what I swear was a flathead screwdriver with 2 shots of novacaine and 6 500mg vicodin pills afterwards. Then the next day when too many recruits were on LLD he signed a form saying I was cleared for normal duty with blood running out of both sides of my mouth at the time stuffed with cotton. Good times..

#officerproblems
Old 08-15-2013, 01:00 PM   #709
Peanut Butter and Jaaaaaaaammmmmmm!!
t.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry Officer
Name: Ted
t.hornstra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
should have been more specific. Im in college, and the National guard(ARMY). So when i contract with my College ROTC program, i'll be promoted to Cadet(E5).

no drug deals here.... yet
Sorta, I was the same. Did ROTC, college and National Guard at the same time. MOS is set up as a 09R (SMP Cadet) It's an E-5 pay grade, but you're considered a 'cadet' still to the unit. They'll let you shadow an LT/PL in the unit until you graduate and commission. They address you as 'sir' but you're still pretty much in the background. I got to run a couple convoys/range days/etc as an SMP, but it's in the grey area as far as actual E-5 rank.

I just see a lot of SMP Cadets claim they are E-5 SGT's when they really aren't. It's sort of a pet peeve to me. They haven't gone to NCO school or anything. Just youngsters trying to come off as more important.

I'm now a 2LT, with the unit I did SMP with. It's a great way to get to know the guys and command. Gets a foot in the door for when you actually commission and take a PL position.

Best of luck, ChamYota. What branch are you trying to commission into?
Old 08-18-2013, 07:27 PM   #710
Chicago Dan has a spectacular aura aboutChicago Dan has a spectacular aura about
Navy: Enlisted: Medical Corpsman Commissioned: Intelligence Officer
Name: Dan
Chicago Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Military Rank

20 year career: Last 12 as a "Mustang"

Was a U.S. Navy Corpsman Second Class (E-5) - 3 yrs active 5 years reserve and then I was discharged- I figured forever.

Then got a U.S. Naval Reserve Commission as an Intelligence Officer (O-1) after 12 years and twice being recalled for the First Gulf War I retired as a Lieutenant Commander (O-4)

I always figured having been an "E" made me a better "O", and saw the same thing in several fellow former Enlisted Officers
Old 08-21-2013, 09:16 AM   #711
EODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Explosive Ordnanace Disposal
Name: Dave
EODTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I hit 12 years in Nov, currently an E6 in the AF.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #712
CAJUN
Adamhanson is on a distinguished road

Air Force: SrA
Name: Adam
Adamhanson's Tacoma Gallery
E-3 USAF about to put another stripe on this fall. Only 2 years in now.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:13 PM   #713
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorhavok View Post

Ha ... Ha ... Very funny .... .... Same thing kinda happened to me. I did E-1 to E-4 (Navy) and was going USMC FMF WESPAC (after next USMC FMSS) ...... but later did full transfer to USMC Rotary (O-1 to O-2).

Anyway, while enlisted and going to USN Class A Corps School at Great Lakes (E-3 at the time), the dentist wanted me to call him "sir" and said he wanted to pull my wisdom teeth that were waaayyy down in the bone and not showing.

They put me in a chair at the Great Lakes Hospital and 3 or 4 "Boot Dentists" practiced their cutting, drilling and hammering skills on my 3 wisdom teeth (only had 3) ... while the Monkees song was playing on the speaker. ..................... That Monkees song was "I'm a Believer" .... never forgot that situation and song the rest of my life. ...

Then they stuffed cotton in my mouth ... told me no sucking on straws or eating solid food ... to go back to class ... and come back in a week and have the stitches removed ...

Later went on to the USMC (without my 3 wisdom teeth) ... got banged up ... and out the door via medical PEB.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:24 PM   #714
Coastie80 is a glorious beacon of lightCoastie80 is a glorious beacon of lightCoastie80 is a glorious beacon of lightCoastie80 is a glorious beacon of lightCoastie80 is a glorious beacon of light

Coast Guard: Machinery Technician USCG
Name: Kevin
Coastie80's Tacoma Gallery
I am an E3 in the Coast Guard now. Off to school @ the end of the year to make E4, but I used to be an E5 (LI2 converted to MC2) in the Navy.

I still voted E3 for the poll though.....
Old 08-26-2013, 04:27 PM   #715
HIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Angel
HIYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastie80 View Post
I am an E3 in the Coast Guard now. Off to school @ the end of the year to make E4, but I used to be an E5 (LI2 converted to MC2) in the Navy.

I still voted E3 for the poll though.....
Dang you got dropped 2 grades?! How long of a break did you take before changing over? Glad you're making rank again though!
Old 08-26-2013, 04:31 PM   #716
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Dan View Post
20 year career: Last 12 as a "Mustang"

Was a U.S. Navy Corpsman Second Class (E-5) - 3 yrs active 5 years reserve and then I was discharged- I figured forever.

Then got a U.S. Naval Reserve Commission as an Intelligence Officer (O-1) after 12 years and twice being recalled for the First Gulf War I retired as a Lieutenant Commander (O-4)

I always figured having been an "E" made me a better "O", and saw the same thing in several fellow former Enlisted Officers
This is the route I'm trying to go, just not intel.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:16 AM   #717
TX BAJA is on a distinguished road

Army: 1-1 ADA Okinawa, Japan
TX BAJA's Tacoma Gallery
Chief Miller

Chief Warrant Officer with the U.S. Army. Proud owner of a 2013 Baja, I love my Tacoma!
Old 08-27-2013, 01:23 AM   #718
TX BAJA is on a distinguished road

Army: 1-1 ADA Okinawa, Japan
TX BAJA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSHeloPilot View Post
Actually more "kinda retirements" than you mentioned ... in the old days (before changes) ... you could have had 3 retirements ... plus a 4th (kinda retirement) if you got military CRSC (with no VA offset) too.

(1) Military (20 years) ... (2) USPS (20 years) ... (3) SSA at 62 ... (4) CRSC (with no VA offset) possibly from military for combat injury = 4 dipper.

PS ... Some of the rules have changed today ... but you can still get some sweet deals after putting in 20 in the military.
TSP helps also, especially if you remain a government employee after retiring from the military.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:11 AM   #719
Coastie80 is a glorious beacon of lightCoastie80 is a glorious beacon of lightCoastie80 is a glorious beacon of lightCoastie80 is a glorious beacon of lightCoastie80 is a glorious beacon of light

Coast Guard: Machinery Technician USCG
Name: Kevin
Coastie80's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIYota View Post
Dang you got dropped 2 grades?! How long of a break did you take before changing over? Glad you're making rank again though!
Yeah, it was quite a shock. I was out for three years though. If I would have gone active to active I could have just dropped down to E4, but oh well. It was a great switch.

On the plus side, I still get the respect of an E5 at my station....even if I still have to do the non-rate jobs.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:57 PM   #720
taco newb
xxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Boomer
Name: Titus
xxxotiknightz's Tacoma Gallery
I guess I never posted here.

E5/ SSgt USAF
KC-10 Boom Operator
5 Year next monday