Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

who is the highest Military Rank and Pay grade

View Poll Results: What paygrade are you?
E1-E3 124 8.38%
E4 214 14.46%
E5 344 23.24%
E6 185 12.50%
E7-E8 145 9.80%
E9 41 2.77%
CWO2-5 42 2.84%
O1-O2 100 6.76%
O3 78 5.27%
O4 54 3.65%
O5+ (I doubt it) 153 10.34%
Voters: 1480. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #721
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
... still a LT, O3, USN...
Old 09-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #722
Listen More that Speak... Answer When Asked
NorthRoad is on a distinguished road

Canadian Army: Troop Commander _ Armoured Recce; Battle Tanks
NorthRoad's Tacoma Gallery
Canadian Forces, LT(R), Royal Canadian Armoured Corps... not much of a rank except leading a Tank Troop is the best job in the CF! Got out before 'field work' Lt turned into 'Admin suck' Capt. Hats off to the 20+ year guys! Anyone here get to experience the Heavies in Afgh?
Old 09-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #723
Coastie80 is a glorious beacon of lightCoastie80 is a glorious beacon of lightCoastie80 is a glorious beacon of lightCoastie80 is a glorious beacon of lightCoastie80 is a glorious beacon of light

Coast Guard: Machinery Technician USCG
Name: Kevin
Coastie80's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthRoad View Post
Canadian Forces, LT(R), Royal Canadian Armoured Corps... not much of a rank except leading a Tank Troop is the best job in the CF! Got out before 'field work' Lt turned into 'Admin suck' Capt. Hats off to the 20+ year guys! Anyone here get to experience the Heavies in Afgh?
That would be really cool to work with the tanks I think. And yeah, I made it over there, but my experience was from a carrier off the coast sooooooo.....not really.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:56 PM   #724
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastie80 View Post
I am an E3 in the Coast Guard now. Off to school @ the end of the year to make E4, but I used to be an E5 (LI2 converted to MC2) in the Navy.

I still voted E3 for the poll though.....
Which rate did you choose? And congrats on heading off to school, waits are out the door!
Old 09-11-2013, 09:32 PM   #725
Coastie80 is a glorious beacon of lightCoastie80 is a glorious beacon of lightCoastie80 is a glorious beacon of lightCoastie80 is a glorious beacon of lightCoastie80 is a glorious beacon of light

Coast Guard: Machinery Technician USCG
Name: Kevin
Coastie80's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeRunner View Post
Which rate did you choose? And congrats on heading off to school, waits are out the door!
The waiting time is crazy right now. I put my name on the MK school list in Jan of this year and I am hoping for a Nov - Jan school date. I think that is considered pretty quick these days.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:29 AM   #726
Listen More that Speak... Answer When Asked
NorthRoad is on a distinguished road

Canadian Army: Troop Commander _ Armoured Recce; Battle Tanks
NorthRoad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastie80 View Post
That would be really cool to work with the tanks I think. And yeah, I made it over there, but my experience was from a carrier off the coast sooooooo.....not really.
Respect... you guys have bigger guns. Around the house we use a 105mm umbrella stand.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:54 AM   #727
TankerJoe is on a distinguished road
Marines: Executive Officer, Delta Company, 2d Tank Battalion
TankerJoe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthRoad View Post
Yes, Marine Tank Officer here. Plt Commander in '11 and now an XO in '13. Helmand both times. Still very kinetic. We run the M1A1, but there are still Danish Leopard 2A5's in country, although they NEVER go outside the wire.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:08 AM   #728
Middle Age Member
oldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to behold
oldstick's Tacoma Gallery
Another 9/11 passed by so time to interject another hats off and internet salute to all of you brave and selfless men and women of the Armed Services.

From an Air Force civilian GS type.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #729
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TankerJoe View Post
Yes, Marine Tank Officer here. Plt Commander in '11 and now an XO in '13. Helmand both times. Still very kinetic. We run the M1A1, but there are still Danish Leopard 2A5's in country, although they NEVER go outside the wire.
One of my best friends was with USMC, (I think I have the unit correct) A Co 5th Tanks on Okinawa & later in RVN.

He lost a tank (M-60 Patton I think) in RVN to a sapper but made it out of RVN in one piece with limited injuries.

Congrats to you tankers ... you guys were a welcome site in the field to the grunts ...

BTW ... in RVN, if I spent any time on the ground outside the wire ... I made sure to stay away from the tanks as they were "magnets for RPG & small arms fire".
Old 09-23-2013, 09:31 AM   #730
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Gonna have to change my O-3 to an O-4. Sorry to ruin the results!
Old 10-27-2013, 09:01 AM   #733
AEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Director of Wing Inspections
Name: Chris
AEmedic's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a prior E, I had just made E-6 when I was selected for OTS. I'm an O-3E and an O-4 Select with 24 years total time.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #734
The Slow But Getting Somewhere Build
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AC-130W Crew Chief
Name: Dane
tacodane's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEmedic View Post
I'm a prior E, I had just made E-6 when I was selected for OTS. I'm an O-3E and an O-4 Select with 24 years total time.
Congrats on that. We just got a new commander and he was Staff when picked up and now is a Major
Old 10-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #735
AEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedAEmedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Director of Wing Inspections
Name: Chris
AEmedic's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Dane!
Old 11-24-2013, 11:13 AM   #736
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
O-1 here. Gettin ready to finish up at TBS in a few days and then headed down south to the sunshine state to start school in P-Cola.
Old 11-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #737
hmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B
Name: Heath
hmcclung's Tacoma Gallery
E-5 (Ret) 11B here with one AK gadget leg. My taco sure does make it easy to get around though!
Old 12-07-2013, 08:19 AM   #738
2012SilverSport is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: NAVENG Warrant Officer
2012SilverSport's Tacoma Gallery
CWO2, (eng2) in Coast Guard over 22 years, still active.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #739
Cold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MMC(SW) USN Ret.
Name: Mike
Cold Iron's Tacoma Gallery
USN Chief, retired almost as many years ago as years I was on active duty. The civilian sector has been good to me and finishing those degrees while on Active Duty has paid off.

Each year several of us retired military get together and hunt pheasant in SD. I am the only enlisted man in the group now that the other one from the Army special forces has sadly passed away. The Commander, Captain and Admiral (O-8) all drive Honda Ridgeliner's.

Old 12-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #740
This We'll Defend
YankeeVol is on a distinguished road

Army: Drill Sergeant, Fox Company, 2nd BN, 60th INF REGT
Name: Darrell
YankeeVol's Tacoma Gallery
I'm just a lowly Staff Sergeant