Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Your Favorite Boots

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-28-2013, 08:26 PM   #101
International Jewel Thief
Drummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: Michael
Drummer0247's Tacoma Gallery
Rocky C4 trainers or S2V's are both amazing boots, both of them extremely comfortable, stood the test of time, and i beat the hell out of them!
Old 03-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #102
Molon Labe
CoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: now Paramedic/Firefighter
CoalMedic's Tacoma Gallery
I wore Altama deserts when I was in the sandbox. I wore Bates and 5.11 when I was on the ambulance, got Danners about 5 years ago. I have beat the crap out of them, the only issue is the rubber sole is finally coming apart. I don't mean separating, I mean chipping away piece by piece. I still wear them whenever I need waterproof grip/traction.
My mining boots are Timberland Pro's. Awesome all day comfort.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:39 AM   #103
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalMedic View Post
I wore Altama deserts when I was in the sandbox. I wore Bates and 5.11 when I was on the ambulance, got Danners about 5 years ago. I have beat the crap out of them, the only issue is the rubber sole is finally coming apart. I don't mean separating, I mean chipping away piece by piece. I still wear them whenever I need waterproof grip/traction.
My mining boots are Timberland Pro's. Awesome all day comfort.
Just ordered some Danners.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:06 PM   #104
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
Went from wearing Bellvilles to Nike SFB's.

Nike SFB

Pros- lite and comfortable. easy to clean. pretty much it.

Cons- it sucks when it gets wet and soggy. takes a longer time to dry up then the Bellvilles. can get rip easily because its not real leather.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:09 PM   #105
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Has anybody ever tried nushoe.com? How was your experience with them? Was it worth it?

I have 2 pairs of boots that I absolutely don't want to get rid of. They feel like tennis shoes and I use them to run and hike in.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:13 PM   #106
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
F#^&ing love my danner striker II boots. 13 hour shifts running around on concrete floors at the prison and never had any fatigue, soreness, blisters, etc. I've had them for three years now and they are still in good shape!

http://www.danner.com/strikertm-ii-g...orm-boots.html
I believe earlier in this thread, I was speaking volumes about 5.11 ATACs

then I got a pair of these Danners a couple months ago...HOLY CRAP WHAT A DIFFERENCE! These boots are absolutely AMAZING, durable, comfortable...just flat out awesome
Old 03-11-2013, 06:48 AM   #107
Molon Labe
CoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
Has anybody ever tried nushoe.com? How was your experience with them? Was it worth it?

I have 2 pairs of boots that I absolutely don't want to get rid of. They feel like tennis shoes and I use them to run and hike in.

I had never heard of nushoes. I've got a couple of pairs of boots in the closet needing repair. I'll check them out. Thanks for the info.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:19 AM   #109
Molon Labe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
Just ordered some Danners.
You won't regret it.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:34 AM   #110
Cruzito
Cruzs2013SR5 is on a distinguished road

Navy:
Name: Cruz
Cruzs2013SR5's Tacoma Gallery
Danners are the shit! I am currently using them in Bagram, Agahanistan. Cant go wrong with them.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #111
Crème fraîche.
ScissorMeTimbers is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Staff Sergeant - Electronic Warfare
Name: Matt
ScissorMeTimbers's Tacoma Gallery
Boots on the left are my "usual" had a few pairs in tan when authorized and then got some when the AF moved to the sage green. Just got issued the Rocky S2V w/ steel toe today, wasn't going to turn down a pair of $200 boots. I'll update with how they fit/feel.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:37 AM   #112
Cruzito
Cruzs2013SR5 is on a distinguished road

Navy:
Name: Cruz
Cruzs2013SR5's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeps1206 View Post
Belleville Navy Flight Deck Boots.. Very comfy IMO. Only boots I can technically wear.

NOT if you go IA
Old 03-12-2013, 07:38 AM   #113
Hambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to beholdHambone155 is a splendid one to behold

Hambone155's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Hambone155
walrmart brand?
Old 03-12-2013, 07:48 AM   #114
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Hoffman climbers
Old 04-30-2013, 08:45 AM   #115
Shadetree Artilleryman
dudeondacouch is a glorious beacon of lightdudeondacouch is a glorious beacon of lightdudeondacouch is a glorious beacon of lightdudeondacouch is a glorious beacon of lightdudeondacouch is a glorious beacon of lightdudeondacouch is a glorious beacon of light

Army:
Name: Gunny
dudeondacouch's Tacoma Gallery
Belleville 390
Old 04-30-2013, 09:00 AM   #116
cowboy50 is on a distinguished road
cowboy50's Tacoma Gallery
Ariats for sure. Got the ATS hikers for everyday (waterproof) and they keep your feet dry. Had one pair for 2 yr.s wore them everyday and still kept my feet dry. Tried a pair of the work boots for winter on the farm and they are excellent. No break in period. Put them on and go.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:22 PM   #118
RRMORG1569 is on a distinguished road
Army: Veteran Combat Medic
Name: Ryan
RRMORG1569's Tacoma Gallery
When I was in the service, I forked out the money for a pair of altama boots. Felt better to run in than my tennis shoes did. http://www.altama.com/products/5788-...s-hoplite-boot
Old 07-28-2013, 03:27 PM   #119
Previously "MGMTacoFF"
CanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
CanisLupus's Tacoma Gallery
I like my Timberland Pro Pit Bosses (6''). Pretty durable on the toe when kneeling and doing work, nice steel toe, and pretty comfortable. Slightly heavy but it doesn't bother me.

Matt

Products Discussed in this Thread