Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Your Favorite Boots

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #122
EODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Explosive Ordnanace Disposal
Name: Dave
EODTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Haix boots, very comfortable.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:01 PM   #123
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-28-2013, 05:11 PM   #125
Artruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Artruck's Tacoma Gallery
these are what I wear, not for hard work, but comfortable.Chuck Taylors
Old 07-28-2013, 05:15 PM   #126
Conservative
Executive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shedExecutive is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Executive's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Smoking hot.

I wear Red Wing 815 (Winter work), Red Wing Irish Setter Wingshooters (Wet weather casual), and I just picked up a pair of Timberland Pro Endurance for when the 815 is just too much.

Chris
Old 07-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #127
TheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud of
TheCookieMonster's Tacoma Gallery
Cabelas Roughneck SAW
Old 07-28-2013, 06:57 PM   #128
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.hornstra View Post
I'll just leave this here.. Only boot I wear.. except for the occasional slipper (Nike sfb)

Exact setup I run. Garmonts for field shiz, jumping, etc.., and Nike's for walking around shooting the breeze.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:24 PM   #129
Peanut Butter and Jaaaaaaaammmmmmm!!
t.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: If I told ya, I'd have to kill you...
Name: Ted
t.hornstra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoJosh View Post
Exact setup I run. Garmonts for field shiz, jumping, etc.., and Nike's for walking around shooting the breeze.
Exactlyyyy. I wear my Nikes if I'm just gonna be sitting in the office all day.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:38 AM   #130
Tacomasapper is on a distinguished road

Army: combat engineer
Tacomasapper's Tacoma Gallery
I have been rocking the Belleville 320's, takes like a day and a half to break in, and one of the lightest boots on the market now.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:52 AM   #131
Start every day with a smile and get it over with
Flynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: K9
Name: Ron
Flynbyu2's Tacoma Gallery
Oakley has a very nice 8" boot that I've worn (40 hours a week) for the last 18 months. They feel more like a cross training shoe when you're wearing them and require virtually zero break in. They have a very sticky sole that has provided traction in awful conditions.

The soles on mine are just now getting thin and I will be replacing them soon. If there is a downside to them it would be a slight squeak when you walk. I believe this may be caused by the aforementioned "sticky sole". It's really only noticeable on linoleum.

If you are in the Military or Law Enforcement, you can buy them at a discounted rate through US Standard Issue. This is Oakley's government sales site. Be aware, they will ask for a copy of your military/law enforcement ID before you will be allowed to purchase or even see the prices on this site.

You have to resend your ID in every year to maintain access to the site, but I can tell you the pricing is WAY better than retail.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:03 AM   #132
Trachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Trachito's Tacoma Gallery
Icon Chukka motorcycle boots. I just got them. breaking them in took about a day or two. they're a bit heavy, but not too bad. the strap makes them nice and snug. good for riding. no steel toe but the plastic looking part along the toe is very hard and is meant for protection during low leaning while riding.

Old 08-30-2013, 05:54 PM   #133
Molon Labe
CoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: now Paramedic/Firefighter
CoalMedic's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone tried the Belleville minimalist/short drop boots? I found them a few days ago, wondering if anyone has experience with them.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:08 PM   #134
Smurf it.
Guerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: 00
Guerrilla's Tacoma Gallery
Belleville's, Danners, and Redwings (got four pair, one for bout 18 years and still rockin, but could use new soles, actually all of them could). Numerous other Navy issued and others thru the years. Been wanting a pair of custom made to fit Dayton-Red Drivers for a while.
Love boots tho.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:31 PM   #135
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Cheapo.

Brahma "Gus" boot, sold at Walmart for roughly $30. Steel toed, water and slip resistant, I buy a pair every 6 months. Trash 'em and replace 'em. Super comfortable and cheap.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:08 PM   #136
Smurf it.
Guerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: 00
Guerrilla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
Cheapo.

Brahma "Gus" boot, sold at Walmart for roughly $30. Steel toed, water and slip resistant, I buy a pair every 6 months. Trash 'em and replace 'em. Super comfortable and cheap.
Young one, you must invest in quality boots. Then you must become one with them, get to know them, caress them, and cherish them. Let them know you... They'll love you, then you'll love them or vice versa. And girls will like you better because of it.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:09 PM   #137
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
omg the ones that keep u dry
Old 08-31-2013, 12:34 PM   #138
Tacomasapper is on a distinguished road

Army: combat engineer
Tacomasapper's Tacoma Gallery
I have owned several pairs of the oakley boots, and always had isues with the laces tearing, they are really comfortable and can walk forever without blisters forming started wearing them during deployment and made many dismounts easy
Old 09-01-2013, 07:08 AM   #139
Start every day with a smile and get it over with
Flynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynbyu2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: K9
Name: Ron
Flynbyu2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomasapper View Post
I have owned several pairs of the oakley boots, and always had isues with the laces tearing, they are really comfortable and can walk forever without blisters forming started wearing them during deployment and made many dismounts easy
Oakley's customer support is 2nd to none. I had the same issue about a year after I got the boots. I called them, they researched my account and sent me a new pair of laces at no charge. This second set of laces will probably outlive the boots.

Several of my co-workers that can't be bothered to do that have used some type of parachute cord or something and had much better results.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:17 AM   #140
VTTACOMA is on a distinguished road

Name: Benj
VTTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
I swear by a set of Scarpa boots I bought a couple of years ago! Just keep replacing laces every couple of months! For winter snow blowing and cutting with the chainsaw I use a set of Carolina's.

Products Discussed in this Thread