Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Your Favorite Boots

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-01-2013, 07:33 AM   #141
TheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud ofTheCookieMonster has much to be proud of
TheCookieMonster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTTACOMA View Post
I swear by a set of Scarpa boots I bought a couple of years ago! Just keep replacing laces every couple of months! For winter snow blowing and cutting with the chainsaw I use a set of Carolina's.

I use these as my everyday all around shoe Scarpa GTX Morraine good shoes
Old 09-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #142
Tacomasapper is on a distinguished road

Army: combat engineer
Tacomasapper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynbyu2 View Post
Oakley's customer support is 2nd to none. I had the same issue about a year after I got the boots. I called them, they researched my account and sent me a new pair of laces at no charge. This second set of laces will probably outlive the boots.

Several of my co-workers that can't be bothered to do that have used some type of parachute cord or something and had much better results.
I would change mine out with some that I got through ADO while deployed, I know the issue was that one of the loops would wear down on the inside and form a sharp edge that just wore them down over time, not sure if there is a solution to this but my currents boots are prolly on par with the oakley ones, short break in, lighter and durable, dont remember entirely but pretty sure they are just as light if not lighter than the rocky C4's or nike boots. My first pair are in rough condition but I went through WLC and Air Assault schools with them but still feel great, just not the prettiest boots lol
Old 09-03-2013, 08:10 AM   #145
Trachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Trachito's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
Cheapo.

Brahma "Gus" boot, sold at Walmart for roughly $30. Steel toed, water and slip resistant, I buy a pair every 6 months. Trash 'em and replace 'em. Super comfortable and cheap.
my last set were KMart Diehard work shoes. they were excellent considering the cost $29, and yes, only have a 6 month lifespan before the sole starts to come undone. Nothing a little glue can't fix to make them last longer, or you can replace them cheaply. They were comfortable, hell of a steel toe, and otherwise tough. I still have them for working around the house.

this is the work shoe but they also have a high top boot

Old 09-03-2013, 08:36 AM   #146
lowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Phillip
lowcountrytj's Tacoma Gallery
These for work...and a non steel toe for home...
http://www.georgiaboot.com/products/...ton-Work-Boot/
Old 09-03-2013, 09:36 AM   #147
Lil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud of

Air Force: C-5 Loadmaster
Name: Scotty
Lil'Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I've had Rocky S2V for 2+ years and love them, they are light comfy and if treated well don't turn shit brown like the bellevilles do. Then I got a pair of these for hiking around and outdoor stuff, great boot just really stiff and hard to break in:
Danner Rebel Rock GTX
Old 09-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #148
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
5.11 ATAC 8

Broke them in with ruck runs on nasty hills and rough terrain without a single blister. Hardly weigh more than my normal shoes and made it through Afghanistan completely on foot when other guys went through 2 or 3 pairs. I still have my second set and sold my third because we were told to bring 3-4 pairs and I only destroyed one. They weren't even worn out, just nasty from canals and junk. Great boots.
Old 09-20-2013, 03:06 AM   #149
So Cal Edition
SWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Name: Greg
SWCCBEE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostin04sti View Post
I had the Rocky S2V boots issued and rocked them for a year before I went to Iraq. Wore them everyday there and they're still holding up. Very comfortable and light. Probably one of the best I have had yet. They are pretty expensive, but I would buy them if I didnt get them issued before.
http://www.gsaboots.com/moreinfo.cfm...4&Category=238

A guy I worked with temp had the Nike SFB. He said they were amazing and really really light. Im planning on getting these when I get home and it warms up.
http://reviews.nike.com/9191/329798/reviews.htm
I too was issued the S2V, I was against them at first but warmed up to them.

I just bought the SFB, and LOVE them!! Like wearing Nike Free running shoes. I have heard that they dont stand up to abuse well, but what do you want from tennis shoe boots.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:21 PM   #150
ski-doo ride the best screw the rest!
Murph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant future

Army: 19D
Murph's Tacoma Gallery
Oakley's worth every penny of the 175.00.
Old 10-03-2013, 02:13 AM   #151
This We'll Defend
YankeeVol is on a distinguished road

Army: Drill Sergeant, Fox Company, 2nd BN, 60th INF REGT
Name: Darrell
YankeeVol's Tacoma Gallery
Garmont T8's
Old 10-03-2013, 02:52 AM   #152
skisailbike has much to be proud ofskisailbike has much to be proud ofskisailbike has much to be proud ofskisailbike has much to be proud ofskisailbike has much to be proud ofskisailbike has much to be proud ofskisailbike has much to be proud ofskisailbike has much to be proud ofskisailbike has much to be proud of
skisailbike's Tacoma Gallery

A lot of people I work with on the North Slope are going to Keens. Really light, durable, and a roomy forefoot, even in the safety toe versions.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:16 AM   #153
Viejon
markmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Mark
markmatters's Tacoma Gallery
only boots i wear...

Old 10-03-2013, 06:57 AM   #154
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeVol View Post
Garmont T8's
That boot is unbeatable.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:33 AM   #155
ethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: 314MXG
Name: ethan
ethanfoy's Tacoma Gallery

tactical research flyweights lightest most comfortable boots ive ever put on my feet.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:52 PM   #157
Adventurer
ffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
ffdawson's Tacoma Gallery
Whites Smoke Jumpers. Not a better boot on earth. Its like 4wheel drive for your feet.
Hand made in the good ol US of A and they are completely customizable and rebuildable.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:01 AM   #158
Viejon
markmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Mark
markmatters's Tacoma Gallery
are those globes? they look amazingggg...
Old 10-30-2013, 12:07 AM   #159
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
going on two years with my desertlites

rucked, roped, rapelled, and more recently hiked and hunted in them. probably going to get another pair when they wear out

Old 10-30-2013, 01:30 AM   #160
No matter where you go there you are.
taco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Galen
taco084gb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmatters View Post
are those globes? they look amazingggg...
Yep sure are. And Amazing. Ive had whites in the past for work boots like you posted but they have to high of an arch for me so been on Danners for about 18 years. Well made boots Whites are. But at least the Flashpoints are USA made as well.

Products Discussed in this Thread