LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Your Favorite Boots

Old 12-26-2009, 06:59 PM   #1
Motivator
YayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Police Caller
YayAreaTaco0311's Tacoma Gallery
Your Favorite Boots

I'm extremely picky about what goes on my feet. In the Marine Corps., we are issued Bates Durashocks & Belleville 500 series. These boots feel like having a brick attached to the bottom of my feet. I've never had any luck with them, even though I use good insoles and socks...

I've spent a lot of money trying out different boots. My favorite boots are:

USMC Danner

PROs: comfortable after break-in, laced to toe, heavy duty, American made, & recraftable

CONs: heavy, expensive, heel slippage (had to insert heel cups)

and

Oakley SI:

PROs: lightweight, literally no breaking-in, feels like a running shoe, comfortable, American made

CONs: expensive, not as durable, not laced to toe, not USMC authorized for garrison

Available here: http://www.usstandardissue.com

I will never, ever let issued boots touch me again!!

What's your favorite pair of boots?
Old 12-26-2009, 07:14 PM   #2
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
I used these when I used to clean horse stalls in high school. After 2.5 years of daily use in some nasty conditions, they still look very good and are comfortable.

Ariat cascade (I have the non steel toe version) I also took the stupid flapy thing at the bottom of the laces off.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:42 PM   #3
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
I wore the Danners all through SOI (east) and Bridgeport. They served their purpose and I feel they are a great boot.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:23 PM   #4
bundy
boostin04sti has a spectacular aura aboutboostin04sti has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: 75th SFS Military Working Dog Handler
boostin04sti's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to boostin04sti Send a message via Yahoo to boostin04sti
I had the Rocky S2V boots issued and rocked them for a year before I went to Iraq. Wore them everyday there and they're still holding up. Very comfortable and light. Probably one of the best I have had yet. They are pretty expensive, but I would buy them if I didnt get them issued before.
http://www.gsaboots.com/moreinfo.cfm...4&Category=238

A guy I worked with temp had the Nike SFB. He said they were amazing and really really light. Im planning on getting these when I get home and it warms up.
http://reviews.nike.com/9191/329798/reviews.htm

Currently Im rockin 5.11 tactical boots. Didnt take much breaking in. Good ankle support. Again, expensive but worth it.
http://www.lapolicegear.com/5tahwabocobr.html

I also really like the converse with the zippers. Really comfortable and convenient. 550 cord knotted the laces and just used the zippers. Compopsite toe, light weight. If they get wet, air dry them. Putting them in the dryer will cause the toe and heel rubber to seperate. But nothing some rubber cement cant fix.
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7430269/c/348.html

But none of these have the EGA on them...
Old 12-26-2009, 11:55 PM   #5
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Ive been using the same pair of Wolverine boots for 3 years, i work in them and never have any problems.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:58 PM   #6
GAS has a spectacular aura aboutGAS has a spectacular aura aboutGAS has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: pilot
Name: Greg
GAS's Tacoma Gallery
Danner Tactical boots, Feel like sneakers and mil approved.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:07 AM   #7
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Danner Journeyman steel toe with Sole brand heat moldable insoles
Old 12-27-2009, 07:26 AM   #8
never summer
singlefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

singlefin's Tacoma Gallery
5.11 HRT for day to day use, not great for LOTS of fast roping.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:34 AM   #9
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
i have 2 favorite pair both made by justin

first choice ropers

2nd pair justin workboots
Old 12-29-2009, 07:07 PM   #10
qballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to behold
Army: SSG
qballenko's Tacoma Gallery
Blackhawk Warrior Wear Ops Boot(Desert). Running shoe comfort. Got them on a Monday, and had wore them for ruck march on Wednesday. No break in period was needed. Plenty of ankle support. Not to expensive compared to 5.11 or Oakleys.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:20 PM   #11
never summer
singlefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

singlefin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by qballenko View Post
Blackhawk Warrior Wear Ops Boot(Desert). Running shoe comfort. Got them on a Monday, and had wore them for ruck march on Wednesday. No break in period was needed. Plenty of ankle support. Not to expensive compared to 5.11 or Oakleys.
Those are good boots and quite a few people have 'em and say good things. A year ago or so they had some issues, but I think they sorted out the quality problems.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:30 PM   #12
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Whites, red wings
Old 12-29-2009, 07:31 PM   #13
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Rockies are good too
Old 12-29-2009, 07:38 PM   #14
qballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to behold
Army: SSG
qballenko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlefin View Post
Those are good boots and quite a few people have 'em and say good things. A year ago or so they had some issues, but I think they sorted out the quality problems.

Yeah my NCOIC has worn them for several years and swears by them.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:49 PM   #15
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: B-52 Crew Chief/ Ground Radio MX/ LC-
Name: Matt
Afwrestler1986's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostin04sti View Post
I had the Rocky S2V boots issued and rocked them for a year before I went to Iraq. Wore them everyday there and they're still holding up. Very comfortable and light. Probably one of the best I have had yet. They are pretty expensive, but I would buy them if I didnt get them issued before.
http://www.gsaboots.com/moreinfo.cfm...4&Category=238
I am in these now. Great boots. Best ones I have worn.

As for civilian boots. Redwing Pecos. Had them for three years now. don't want to get rid of them or move on for that matter.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:13 PM   #16
Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired
cakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police
cakmakli's Tacoma Gallery
Any that isn't Black Leather. Kiwi Fingers Suck
Old 12-30-2009, 02:18 PM   #17
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure of the manufacturer, but when I was a Soldier, I always wore green jungle boots. There was a loophole in the regs that said green jungle boots were only authorized if the original sole was still in use. In other words, you couldn't re-sole them and the supplier stopped making them.... stupid rule... many shops kept carrying other brands...

As a Civilian now, I prefer to wear my Blundstones boots... made in Tasmania... these things are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G...

Old 01-04-2010, 09:26 AM   #18
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
Not sure of the manufacturer, but when I was a Soldier, I always wore green jungle boots. There was a loophole in the regs that said green jungle boots were only authorized if the original sole was still in use. In other words, you couldn't re-sole them and the supplier stopped making them.... stupid rule... many shops kept carrying other brands...

As a Civilian now, I prefer to wear my Blundstones boots... made in Tasmania... these things are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G...

When I was in the Corps, I loved the green jungles... on humps, drill, whatever...

On one hump, most of the platoon wore the caddys and I wore the green jungles. We ended up going through some swampy areas. The few of us that wore jungles were the only ones with dry feet that night.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:44 AM   #19
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
My fav by far...
Old 01-04-2010, 09:48 AM   #20
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i wear 5.11 ATACs for work...the 6" variety....

theyre great in the spring summer and fall...ive found them to be not insulated enough for the winter tho and will be purchasing a new pair of boots for more insulation

Products Discussed in this Thread