Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Military License Plates

Old 01-15-2010, 06:04 AM   #22
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
the Navy is 3 now too
the service stripes are still 4
Old 01-15-2010, 06:05 AM   #23
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark C. View Post
Is AF even 4 years? Army used to be 3 years, while Navy was 4.
yup... Army is still 3 years for GCM
Old 01-15-2010, 06:17 AM   #24
godawgs is on a distinguished road
godawgs's Tacoma Gallery

definitely rocked this license plate for a semester here at school... along with "UGA Parent" sticker on the back of the car haha
Old 01-23-2010, 03:31 AM   #25
redsoxx11 is on a distinguished road
Army:
redsoxx11's Tacoma Gallery
MA plates are weak Just a sticker of your service emblem, then another sticker under it with Vietnam/WW2/OIF ect if it's on your 214. I like how CO did the 4th IN and SF from Carson, I would love a sweet Natick Labs sticker......sigh
Old 01-23-2010, 07:46 PM   #27
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
i want a plate that says "I thank all Military Personell for doing what they do"
Old 01-25-2010, 06:02 PM   #28
dhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 20 years: Field Artillery, Communications & Range NCO
Name: Doug
dhurley's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
i want a plate that says "I thank all Military Personell for doing what they do"
Something like this?
Old 01-25-2010, 06:20 PM   #29
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurley View Post
Something like this?

kind of, but in a less gay way
Old 01-26-2010, 03:34 AM   #30
Dogs n Trucks
Tadcaster has a brilliant futureTadcaster has a brilliant futureTadcaster has a brilliant futureTadcaster has a brilliant futureTadcaster has a brilliant futureTadcaster has a brilliant futureTadcaster has a brilliant futureTadcaster has a brilliant futureTadcaster has a brilliant futureTadcaster has a brilliant futureTadcaster has a brilliant future

Marines: CWO2, 9th Marines
Name: Pete
Tadcaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
I'd be afraid to run a mil plate in Vermont, Judy. Some ignorant souls up there...
Yes, we have our ignorant souls, but they mostly stay in Burlington and Middlebury. Remember that we have a very high per capita rate serving...and when the Green Mtn Boys went off to fight in Gulf War I an estimated 230,000 Vermonters out of a population of 650,000 lined the Interstate to say goodbye.

Aside from those enclaves filled with rejects from other states, Vermont is a very conservative place. Heck, we have more firearms per person than Texas!

Semper fi,
Pete
Old 09-10-2010, 12:34 PM   #31
Dedicated Crew Chief
AKTacoma has a spectacular aura aboutAKTacoma has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chris
AKTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
put mine on today
Old 09-10-2010, 12:58 PM   #32
nomad is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad is one of the sharper tools in the shednomad is one of the sharper tools in the shed
nomad's Tacoma Gallery
After almost 20 years, NC is close to offering a Desert Storm Veteran plate. The last I heard, the design was being finalized. My name is on the list.

North Carolina has a few other military plates as well:

Old 09-11-2010, 08:51 AM   #34
TheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 63B
TheOtherGuy's Tacoma Gallery
I posted this earlier on a thread that didn't really take off. I am thinking of getting one when I get home. I just started my first tour; I have been in country for about 25 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxboy57 View Post
Louisiana has quite a few different veterans plates here are some of them, there are a few more.

There are a few more, but I'm sure you can see we have a lot of different ones.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:51 AM   #35
ScootsOFP is on a distinguished road

Marines: E4/0311/usmcr/OIF 8-1
Name: Scoot
ScootsOFP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacopuppy View Post
Not to worry, they're getting Bronze Stars for meritorious service, not for outstanding achievement.

The meritorious service Stars are basically combat zone commendation medals. Do your time, do a good job, if you're E-7 or above you'll get one. that is the unwritten rule, at least. these medals help promotion chances of sgts that deploy into the AOR. sgts that don't deploy don't get the points.

The outstanding achievement Bronze Star medal is for "heroic" actions. Also, look for the "V" valor device on that medal.

The license plates are kick ass, btw. Cool you put in all that time to make that picture... Didn't want to completely hijack the thread
I hate how they automatically give out medals to people for nothing special. My plt cmdr got a NCM for "going on more than 100 patrols". Which was really him sitting in the vics while we did more than 100 foot patrols.

The medal plates should have the option to read "Bronze Star with Combat V".
Old 09-16-2010, 06:47 PM   #36
rsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of lightrsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of lightrsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of lightrsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of lightrsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of lightrsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of light

Army: Radar Platoon SGT
Name: Rick
rsincavage85's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
yup... Army is still 3 years for GCM
Just asking because we got ours GCM for our deployments. One good year of service. Unless deployments change that? Doesn't make a difference I don't wear my class a's and still trying to figure out how I got mine.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:48 PM   #37
My Taco is Bi-Winning!!!!!!!!
meckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: EAS'D
Name: Stephen
meckleystephen's Tacoma Gallery
PA only has purple heart and a few others that I know. None that are branch specific
Old 09-18-2010, 03:53 AM   #38
rsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of lightrsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of lightrsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of lightrsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of lightrsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of lightrsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of light

Army: Radar Platoon SGT
Name: Rick
rsincavage85's Tacoma Gallery
Pa has IF,Ed, purpleheart and army veteran. They dorequire a DD214.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:24 AM   #39
JoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud of

Air Force: Retired MSgt
Name: Whip
JoePa Fan's Tacoma Gallery
Pennsylvania has numerous military plates. Here is a link if you want to view them....

http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/militaryC...sePlates.shtml

They have Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, and Coast Guard Veteran; Congressional Medal of Honor, Purple Heart, Ex Prisoner of War, Pearl Harbor Survivor, WWII Veteran, Korean War Veteran, Viet Nam Conflict, Persian Gulf War Veteran, Expeditionary Forces, Operation Iraqi Freedom, Operation Enduring Freedom, Veteran, Korean Defense Service, and Gold Star Family.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:32 AM   #40
JoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud of

Air Force: Retired MSgt
Name: Whip
JoePa Fan's Tacoma Gallery
I do not have a "military" plate, but here is a photo of my vanity plate.