Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Military License Plates

Old 12-30-2009, 06:36 PM   #1
dhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 20 years: Field Artillery, Communications & Range NCO
Name: Doug
dhurley's Tacoma Gallery
Military License Plates

I have seen a few pretty cool military plates from some other states. Here is what Colorado has

I have the Honorably Discharged Veteran plates in the top left corner on my truck. Anyone else here have Veterans plates on their truck? If so, let's see them.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:26 PM   #6
qballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to behold
Army: SSG
qballenko's Tacoma Gallery
I have ill feeling towards some of the "veteran" plates that are out there. Too easy to get and much like some CAB awards downplay the actual sacrifices some people have made.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:57 PM   #7
dhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 20 years: Field Artillery, Communications & Range NCO
Name: Doug
dhurley's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by qballenko View Post
I have ill feeling towards some of the "veteran" plates that are out there. Too easy to get and much like some CAB awards downplay the actual sacrifices some people have made.
I've seen some Silver/Bronze star plates around here & it makes me think of staff NCOs I know of who sat in a TOC their whole deployment and received one of these commendations. Those kinds of people make me sick, just like the ones who make up stories about what they did. I think they call it stolen valor, or something like that. But I believe the people in this book, Heroes Among Us written by Major Chuck Larson, definately earned their honors.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:51 AM   #8
qballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurley View Post
I've seen some Silver/Bronze star plates around here & it makes me think of staff NCOs I know of who sat in a TOC their whole deployment and received one of these commendations. Those kinds of people make me sick, just like the ones who make up stories about what they did. I think they call it stolen valor, or something like that. But I believe the people in this book, Heroes Among Us written by Major Chuck Larson, definately earned their honors.

Yeah on my last deployment if you were E7 or above automatic bronze star.

The funny thing is on my post you see a lot more non-Deployers driving around with Veteran license plates than those who have.

Sorry not meaning to jack this thread just get kinda angry seeing some peoples sacrifice made meaningless by people who want recognition.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:50 PM   #9
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery

In Georgia, a veteran can pay an extra fee (and also pay the required ad valorem tax each year) and get a specialized veteran license plate like a PH tag (with DD 214) or etc.

However, if the veteran is listed as 100% disabled, P&T (VA definition) (most are from combat). The veteran gets one free license plate each year and also pays no ad valorem tax on one vehicle. (GA ad valorem tax is based on vehicle valuation & is about $300.00 on a newer model Tacoma to $2000,00 for Porsche). Whatever the tax, one car tag & tax is FREE (just pick your vehicle).

Old 01-05-2010, 06:56 PM   #10
Protected by Armor Tech Offroad
dbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Dennis
dbronzo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurley View Post
That is an excellent book. 1SG Dennis Caylor was in my Battalion at the time of his Citation. He is as humble in person as he is in the book.

My wife Rocks an 82d Airborne Tag on her Suburban from my time there.
https://edmv-sp.dot.state.nc.us/sp/d...itary_82nd.gif
Old 01-05-2010, 07:22 PM   #11
tacopuppy is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
tacopuppy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by qballenko View Post
Yeah on my last deployment if you were E7 or above automatic bronze star.
Not to worry, they're getting Bronze Stars for meritorious service, not for outstanding achievement.

The meritorious service Stars are basically combat zone commendation medals. Do your time, do a good job, if you're E-7 or above you'll get one. that is the unwritten rule, at least. these medals help promotion chances of sgts that deploy into the AOR. sgts that don't deploy don't get the points.

The outstanding achievement Bronze Star medal is for "heroic" actions. Also, look for the "V" valor device on that medal.

The license plates are kick ass, btw. Cool you put in all that time to make that picture... Didn't want to completely hijack the thread
Old 01-06-2010, 06:29 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacopuppy View Post
Not to worry, they're getting Bronze Stars for meritorious service, not for outstanding achievement.

The meritorious service Stars are basically combat zone commendation medals. Do your time, do a good job, if you're E-7 or above you'll get one. that is the unwritten rule, at least. these medals help promotion chances of sgts that deploy into the AOR. sgts that don't deploy don't get the points.

The outstanding achievement Bronze Star medal is for "heroic" actions. Also, look for the "V" valor device on that medal.

The license plates are kick ass, btw. Cool you put in all that time to make that picture... Didn't want to completely hijack the thread

One of my good friends(E5 at the time) received a bronze star and it doesn't have a V device, however I know his was definitely based on Outstanding Achievement. His has nothing to do with Meritorious service. As far as I am aware a Bronze Star is a Bronze Star. A medal for Meritorious service is called a Meritorious Service Medal or MSM as it is more commonly referred to. And believe you me Ive seen "V" devices demeaned to mean nothing. Its all how the recommender writes the Award up.

Sorry to Jack this thread.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:57 AM   #14
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
There's a member here with the Navy Cross. Never met him but his wife is great.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:05 AM   #15
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Vermont Military License Plates

Vermont has Military Plates for Purple Heart, Pearl Harbor Veteran, Vietnam Veteran, US Veteran, EX-POW, Veterans of Foreign War, National Guard & Gold Star (Family Surviving KIA/MIA). This March I am applying for the Veteran Plate.
Attached Thumbnails
Military License Plates-0purpleheart.jpg   Military License Plates-0pearlharborsurvivor.jpg   Military License Plates-0vietnamveteran.jpg   Military License Plates-0usveteran.jpg   Military License Plates-0vfw.jpg  

Military License Plates-0nationalguard.jpg   Military License Plates-0goldstarplate.jpg  
Old 01-15-2010, 05:15 AM   #16
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
LOL... know her that well, eh?
haha.... not like that.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:18 AM   #17
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'd be afraid to run a mil plate in Vermont, Judy. Some ignorant souls up there...
so sad its true......
run em over I say oops speed bump or as the signs read here speed hump
Old 01-15-2010, 05:33 AM   #18
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Maryland has a metric ass-ton of plates... here are just a few:

Old 01-15-2010, 05:40 AM   #19
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This one is just sad. A plate for not getting in trouble for 4 years? pfft...
yup... I got a chuckle out of it too... In maryland, you can submit designs your own organizational plates... some poor sap I'm sure submitted that one and it got approved...

hopefully it was just a joke...
Old 01-15-2010, 06:02 AM   #20
︻╦╤─

Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
I bet it isn't....it is sad to have a plate honoring your 4 years of good conduct.