LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

going to fort gordon in june as reservist, want active duty.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:26 PM   #1
Go with the flow
Hologram is a jewel in the roughHologram is a jewel in the roughHologram is a jewel in the roughHologram is a jewel in the rough

Army:
Hologram's Tacoma Gallery
going to fort gordon in june as reservist, want active duty.

question for the army guys here. im going back to school at gordon for a refresher course and sick of reserves, my 2 years is up in march of this year. and i know when i went to gordon as a iet soldier they had ranger recruiting and what not, well i was wondering if i could volunteer for the ranger program and will they let me go from reserve to active if i go through everything like rip and all ?
Old 01-13-2010, 06:12 PM   #2
Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired
cakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police
cakmakli's Tacoma Gallery
Call a Recruiter. You'll need a DD FM 368 (Conditional Release) signed by your Commander. A Recruiter will do that for you. You need to know that it is not an automatic approval. You contracted with the Reserve and now you are asking to be let out of it.

My advice to you is to talk to your Commander first and explain why you want to go Regular Army. Say pretty please and plead financial hardship. Your family is starving, your kids need new shoes, stuff like that. That will work in most cases.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:02 PM   #3
qballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to behold
Army: SSG
qballenko's Tacoma Gallery
Also keep in mind you may lose a rank by going active.