Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Military Service Emblem on TW

Old 01-19-2010, 07:48 PM   #21
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadcaster View Post
What if they have a relative serving and this is their way of expressing their pride in their son, daughter, etc? What if they lost a son, daughter, husband in the Sandbox? Just sayin they might not all be playing the wannabe card.

Semper fi,
Pete
I'm OK with that... look at Jeff (Tigerfan00) He had a Eagle, Globe, & Anchor in his sig to support his brother who is deployed...

Support = OK
Claiming your awesomeness on call of duty is like being in the Corps = Poser
Old 01-19-2010, 07:49 PM   #22
TX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Bravo Team Leader, 3rd Platoon, 194th MP CO, 716th MP BN, 101st Airborne DIV (AASLT)
Name: Timothy
TX TRD Runner's Tacoma Gallery
WTF? The question in the profile is not what branch do you support...it is which branch did you serve in. If you didn't serve God and Country...take the seal down.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:10 AM   #23
Dogs n Trucks
Tadcaster has a brilliant futureTadcaster has a brilliant futureTadcaster has a brilliant futureTadcaster has a brilliant futureTadcaster has a brilliant futureTadcaster has a brilliant futureTadcaster has a brilliant futureTadcaster has a brilliant futureTadcaster has a brilliant futureTadcaster has a brilliant futureTadcaster has a brilliant future

Marines: CWO2, 9th Marines
Name: Pete
Tadcaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX TRD Runner View Post
WTF? The question in the profile is not what branch do you support...it is which branch did you serve in. If you didn't serve God and Country...take the seal down.
And that's a perfectly legitimate point of view. One could argue that being left home while a spouse/family member is deployed is also a form of service. No sense getting our knickers in a knot. A simple change in the wording of that question while filling out your profile could resolve the situation. "In which branch did you personally serve?"

Sheesh, I'm a Marine. A killing machine. WTH am I doing playing therapist!?! Hollywood tells me I should be mean and opinionated!

Pete
Old 01-20-2010, 04:22 AM   #24
One shot is all I need
usmcgoose is a splendid one to beholdusmcgoose is a splendid one to beholdusmcgoose is a splendid one to beholdusmcgoose is a splendid one to beholdusmcgoose is a splendid one to beholdusmcgoose is a splendid one to behold

Marines: Armorer, Mechanic, Logistics
Name: Chris
usmcgoose's Tacoma Gallery
Give them a little yellow ribbon for them to put there. Or something to distinguish those supporting loved ones from those who have served.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:26 AM   #25
Proud to be Canadian Navy
crittergitter is just really nicecrittergitter is just really nicecrittergitter is just really nicecrittergitter is just really nicecrittergitter is just really nice

Name: Stu
crittergitter's Tacoma Gallery
I used the US Navy one as I didn't see a Canadian Navy one. Hope this doesn't offend.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:26 AM   #26
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Until the question in the profile is changed, support should be shown in other ways, like in your sig, IMO, lest ye be caught up in poserus clitoris dragnets............
Old 01-20-2010, 04:49 AM   #28
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery

Maybe tcbob can add the gold star symbol for those who loved ones have paid the ultimate sacrifice.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:12 AM   #29
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
Don't forget less than intelligent...

This is a great idea, but what happens when people lie about being a blue or gold star family?
Good point, the liars need a good public canning followed by tarring & feathering in the town square!
Anybody who uses that symbol without just cause..well...is f'd up & I do not use the f bomb very often.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:20 AM   #30
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
Anybody who uses that symbol without just cause..well...is f'd up & I do not use the f bomb very often.
I agree with the use of the symbol.....but on a sidenote, IMO, it would have been way more emphatic to have said................"Anybody who uses that symbol without just cause is obama'd up."
Old 01-20-2010, 05:23 AM   #31
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
either you served or you didn't
for those who want to show their support, pick something else to use
an example,
or this
Old 01-20-2010, 05:30 AM   #32
Taco4life will become famous soon enough
Army: Quartermaster, D FSC,1-32CAV, 1BCT, 101st Airborne Division
Taco4life's Tacoma Gallery
^ agreed
Old 01-20-2010, 06:02 AM   #33
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: B-52 Crew Chief/ Ground Radio MX/ LC-
Name: Matt
Afwrestler1986's Tacoma Gallery
I am waiting on someone to propose we all send in copies of DD 214's to confirm our service. I think we have plenty of room in our Sig. blocks to support whom ever we please. Besides that, more can be said or implied by your sig. than a service seal can. Just my .02
Old 01-20-2010, 06:02 AM   #34
www.BeLikeBrit.org
fletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
fletch aka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadcaster View Post
What if they have a relative serving and this is their way of expressing their pride in their son, daughter, etc? What if they lost a son, daughter, husband in the Sandbox? Just sayin they might not all be playing the wannabe card.

Semper fi,
Pete
I could see that, maybe they should note that in their custom user title.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:14 AM   #35
My other ride Hovers
Alaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura about

Coast Guard: Helicopter Flight Mechanic
Alaskaflyer's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe something like this

Old 01-20-2010, 06:14 AM   #36
DOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud of

Army: Military Police
Name: Jordan
DOERanger's Tacoma Gallery
Post their names so we can "kindly" discuss it with all of them.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:25 AM   #37
My other ride Hovers
Alaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura about

Coast Guard: Helicopter Flight Mechanic
Alaskaflyer's Tacoma Gallery
I know there are a lot of Canadian members here as well so maybe something like this.

Old 01-20-2010, 06:36 AM   #38
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaflyer View Post
Maybe something like this

Likin this pic. Would like to use it for my sig. Sent PM request for pic..........
Old 01-20-2010, 06:49 AM   #39
Mondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Ok what about the people that work for the DoD on our CAC cards it says army. I used that but would be glad to take it down if it affends anyone. I support all you guys but i just figured since that is what my CAC card says "Army DoD" that is what i put. just let me know. I am in Iraq on a Military post and have been here for two yrs. I do state in my emblem that i am DoD if you go over my emblem then it will tell you that.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:57 AM   #40
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondwa View Post
Ok what about the people that work for the DoD on our CAC cards it says army. I used that but would be glad to take it down if it affends anyone. I support all you guys but i just figured since that is what my CAC card says "Army DoD" that is what i put. just let me know.
really..??
It's a Yes or No thing, either a member of the Armed Forces or not. I appreciate what you do, seriously. I don't think you should carry the emblem for the Army. These are my views.