Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Military Service Emblem on TW

Old 01-20-2010, 08:02 AM   #41
Notty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud of

Army: 100% Disabled
Notty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadcaster View Post
What if they have a relative serving and this is their way of expressing their pride in their son, daughter, etc? What if they lost a son, daughter, husband in the Sandbox? Just sayin they might not all be playing the wannabe card.

Semper fi,
Pete
In this case, if they want to display something they should talk to TCBob about getting a blue star service flag to use in place of the military logo. The flag represents loved ones in the military serving in harms way.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:08 AM   #42
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
I think the yellow ribbon is a good idea.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:10 AM   #43
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
So I've noticed lately that some people who haven't been in the service are displaying the military service emblems under the avatars. Just to get something straight:

Just because you play Call of Duty, doesn't mean that you are/were in the service. Show some respect and remove the emblem from your profile.
definatley +1
Old 01-20-2010, 08:24 AM   #44
Notty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud of

Army: 100% Disabled
Notty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pd3 View Post
That would be the brownie emblem for you mister!
Hey, I got kicked out of Boy Scouts for eating a Brownie!
Old 01-20-2010, 08:32 AM   #45
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notty View Post
Hey, I got kicked out of Boy Scouts for eating a Brownie!
Yup, a Boy Scouts favorite snack.

I think there should be the old WW2-style banners for family (shown a few posts up). Folks could maybe specify the number of stars like usual.

As for the non-US military... yeah, that's a bummer you're not able to post it. Maybe if you could find the appropriate seal and show it to the forum mods, they could add it?
Old 01-20-2010, 08:44 AM   #47
Mondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry

Well I fixed it. I didnt mean to upset anyone. I am sorry if it did. I was just going off what my CAC card said. Sorry I was not trying to act like a service member. I do Support Each and everyone over here in Iraq and Afghanistan cause i do see what it is like first hand. Please accept my Apologies. If the Mods Put a yellow ribbon up i will sport it with out a doubt. I have two on my truck
Old 01-20-2010, 08:45 AM   #48
Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired
cakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police
cakmakli's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX TRD Runner View Post
WTF? The question in the profile is not what branch do you support...it is which branch did you serve in. If you didn't serve God and Country...take the seal down.
I agree 100%. Seriously, I don't even see how it could be debatable.

Either you took the oath and have served or are currently serving or you haven't. There is no in between. It's like being pregnant - either you are or you aren't. It would be like me getting a Medal of Honor license plate just because I support those that have received one. People that see it are going to assume that I have one when that is not the case.

Personally I don't even care for it when civilians post in here. To me this forum is a little small corner of TW that Soldiers, Marines, Sailors, and Airmen can come together to discuss and share things of common interest. Sometimes, depending on what the subject is I don't even care what someone has to say if they haven't served. But this is just my opinion and I know some won't agree with it.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:59 AM   #49
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaflyer View Post
Maybe something like this

Thanks for the pic. 1st one to make it worthy of bothering with a sig for me on any forums I'm on.....and it's timeless, no need for updating.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:53 PM   #50
Proud to be Canadian Navy
crittergitter is just really nicecrittergitter is just really nicecrittergitter is just really nicecrittergitter is just really nicecrittergitter is just really nice

Name: Stu
crittergitter's Tacoma Gallery
I quit using the American Navy seal and just put my thoughts under my user name. BTW two of our ships and a pile of my friends just arrived in Haiti and are helping with the relief effort.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:00 PM   #51
My other ride Hovers
Alaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura about

Coast Guard: Helicopter Flight Mechanic
Alaskaflyer's Tacoma Gallery
I've had many encounters with the Canadian Navy and Coast Guard, it was funny, we were doing a SAREX out of Alaska with the Russians and the Canadians, they had a meeting before we went and they advised us not to drink what the Russians offered us (potato vodka) and don't get in a drinking match with the Canadians! Did I listen, Ive never thrown up so much in my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittergitter View Post
I quit using the American Navy seal and just put my thoughts under my user name. BTW two of our ships and a pile of my friends just arrived in Haiti and are helping with the relief effort.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:03 PM   #52
My other ride Hovers
Alaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura about

Coast Guard: Helicopter Flight Mechanic
Alaskaflyer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittergitter View Post
Old 01-20-2010, 03:06 PM   #53
SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.
EL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL TACOROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BURRY
EL TACOROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EL TACOROJO
i support the military and my country
Old 01-20-2010, 03:14 PM   #54
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX TRD Runner View Post
WTF? The question in the profile is not what branch do you support...it is which branch did you serve in. If you didn't serve God and Country...take the seal down.
agreed. take it down.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:16 PM   #55
Proud to be Canadian Navy
crittergitter is just really nicecrittergitter is just really nicecrittergitter is just really nicecrittergitter is just really nicecrittergitter is just really nice

Name: Stu
crittergitter's Tacoma Gallery
Ah yes............Russian Vodka. A fight in every bottle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2010, 03:30 PM   #57
Displaced Texan
MotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to all

Air Force: 1LT
MotoXFreeStyle61's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MotoXFreeStyle61 Send a message via MSN to MotoXFreeStyle61
There was a nice heated discussion awhile back around Halloween about people wearing the uniform (or attempting) as a Halloween costume. Couple of years ago a buddy of mine were off work and were still in uniform and some idiot came up to us and was like "Those are bad ass costumes."
Old 01-20-2010, 03:56 PM   #58
09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: security forces
09tacoLI's Tacoma Gallery
If you werent or arent in the military take it down. No im about to join or I drove bye a recruiter bullshit.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:04 PM   #59
Dogs n Trucks
Tadcaster has a brilliant futureTadcaster has a brilliant futureTadcaster has a brilliant futureTadcaster has a brilliant futureTadcaster has a brilliant futureTadcaster has a brilliant futureTadcaster has a brilliant futureTadcaster has a brilliant futureTadcaster has a brilliant futureTadcaster has a brilliant futureTadcaster has a brilliant future

Marines: CWO2, 9th Marines
Name: Pete
Tadcaster's Tacoma Gallery
I like the blue star idea. Yellow ribbons are meaninglessly generic anymore. I wish I could have multiple emblems, the EGA and a couple of stars. My niece and nephew are both deployed Marines -- the fourth generation in our family to serve in the Corps -- and I'm incredibly proud of both of them.

To that air force puke with the "less than intelligent comment" a few pages back, I'd think more highly of you if you came down from 10k and figured out the concept of close air support!

Seriously, thanks to all who served, even if you couldn't make it as Marines.

Pete
Old 01-20-2010, 04:16 PM   #60
Displaced Texan
MotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to all

Air Force: 1LT
MotoXFreeStyle61's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MotoXFreeStyle61 Send a message via MSN to MotoXFreeStyle61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadcaster View Post
I like the blue star idea. Yellow ribbons are meaninglessly generic anymore. I wish I could have multiple emblems, the EGA and a couple of stars. My niece and nephew are both deployed Marines -- the fourth generation in our family to serve in the Corps -- and I'm incredibly proud of both of them.

To that air force puke with the "less than intelligent comment" a few pages back, I'd think more highly of you if you came down from 10k and figured out the concept of close air support!

Seriously, thanks to all who served, even if you couldn't make it as Marines.

Pete
And the good pilots do. ALOs are often on the ground calling the air to ground shots while taking shots. Someone has to be on the ground calling the close air support shots and most of them are pilots.