Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

aircraft maintainers

Old 01-29-2010, 06:32 AM   #21
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolayiv View Post
AV-8B Harrier 6332 Aircraft Electrical Systems Technician for the USMC. I'm not doing to much work on them these days. I'm out doing the recruiter thing. BTW best aircraft ever!

Until this happens...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1USNC3Ozw18
Old 01-29-2010, 07:05 AM   #22
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
USMC - CH53-E Crewchief/mech, MOS's 6173/6113, (03'-08')

aircraft maintainers-n554792966_1389379_4034.jpg

Pic from the 26th MEU, aboard the USS Kearsarge

aircraft maintainers-n554792966_1389375_3278.jpg

I have a lot more better photo's, but they're all on my Hard drive and I dont feel like getting it.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:29 AM   #24
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY50cal View Post
USMC - CH53-E Crewchief/mech, MOS's 6173/6153, (03'-08')
lies...i think you mean 6113. first you copy the platoon im in at bootcamp, then squadron i go to, then the truck i drive...now you want my MOS...
Old 01-29-2010, 08:30 AM   #25
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
yeah...i think i remember harriers having the nickname of "lawn darts" around cherry point.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:24 PM   #26
Carolina Alliance
jolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SSgt 6332
Name: Jim
jolayiv's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jolayiv
Quote:
Until this happens...
Yeah.....it happens to the best of them.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:28 PM   #27
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not a maintainer by trade as I'm a scummy pilot, but I am a qualified mech/tech on this:

Old 01-30-2010, 03:10 AM   #28
monstertodd is on a distinguished road
Navy: AM1 (AW) Petty Officer First Class
Name: Todd
monstertodd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Seven View Post
And y'all just go in circles...
Don't P3's just go in big 18 hour circles??
Old 01-30-2010, 03:11 AM   #29
monstertodd is on a distinguished road
Navy: AM1 (AW) Petty Officer First Class
Name: Todd
monstertodd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
I'm not a maintainer by trade as I'm a scummy pilot, but I am a qualified mech/tech on this:

That's what I do. Except I fly the Scan Eagle UAV.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:34 AM   #30
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
P-3's go on long 12 hour circles... LOL I was a P-3 electrician for five years, now i'm stuck in Hawaii teaching marine LCPLs what screw drivers are for...
Old 01-30-2010, 04:41 AM   #31
TRIFECTA!!!
swise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to behold

swise's Tacoma Gallery
I supervise a crew for civilian aircraft - Some of my best techs are military trained. Except for my avionics guy - he call himself a "squid"
Old 01-30-2010, 09:52 AM   #32
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
That's what I do. Except I fly the Scan Eagle UAV.
neato
Old 01-30-2010, 10:03 AM   #33
mtlheadhntr is on a distinguished road
Air Force: SSgt
Name: Richie
Location: Live in South GA / From Milwaukee, WI (WI boy at heart)
mtlheadhntr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabarbhab View Post
I am a HH-60G pavehawk crewchief in the AF, and i was just wondering who else on here is a military aircraft maintainer. What branch and what aircraft(s)?
Huh, I am an HH-60G Pavehawk Crew Chief as well! Hey Andy, I am QA now so dont F-up or your ass will get written up! I should be seeing you soon if my intel is right. Small world!!!!
Old 01-30-2010, 10:10 AM   #34
Taco.Tim is on a distinguished road

Name: Tim
Taco.Tim's Tacoma Gallery
Not military, but my son works on CRJ-200/700/900s.

Tim Glover
Old 01-30-2010, 01:37 PM   #35
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Anyone know why the engine failed?
Old 01-30-2010, 01:40 PM   #36
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post

before being a phantom phixer,was a delta dart
doubt if anyone knows this bird?
F-106 worlds fastest manned all weather interceptor in the late 50's
computer controlled with vacuum tubes and transistors, hard drives were not invented so had drum memory, a 4x4 inch pc held one JK flipflop for computer folks
me getting in for a preflight
I remember that plane. It was the last of the century series that was deployed.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:06 PM   #37
©1975
aaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cap'n Crunch
aaronatl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget@URD View Post
Anyone know why the engine failed?

ran out of gas, probably
Old 01-30-2010, 03:37 PM   #39
There has got to be an accident report somewhere on that. You can google up all the USAF crashes and find out what happened.

G
Old 01-30-2010, 03:44 PM   #40
©1975
aaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cap'n Crunch
aaronatl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
I doubt that very much. There is no way that a pilot would be hovering just off a beach with the low fuel light on.

There are way too many things that could have happened to even start to speculate about why that happened.

you go unspeculate in someone else post. how about that?