1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just watched a Horrible Military movie...opinions???

Discussion in 'Military' started by battleyota, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Feb 8, 2010 at 2:49 PM
    battleyota

battleyota [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Oahu, HI
    Vehicle:
    Beast of Destruction
    OME suspension, All-Pro UCA, rear locker, 4.56 gears front and rear diffs, rear dif locker, 32x11.5 BF Goodrich Mud Terrians KM2, 15x8 Mickey Thompson classic lock, ARB bumper, K&N Air filter. Safari Snorkel.
    Ok, I just watched the "Hurt Locker" and it is perhaps one of the worst military movie ever made...I just wanted to see what other military guys think about it, if you have seen it.
    It is soooo untrue, except one or two things in the movie.
    I am also wondering how any EOD guys think about it...cause the EOD guys i work with hated it, and we always rag on them about it.

2. Feb 8, 2010 at 2:51 PM
    Firefighter160

Firefighter160 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Eastern VA
    Vehicle:
    05 DCSB Offroad
    100% AGREED I watched it Saturday night and it really sucked.... I kept waiting for the story line but never really happened. I wonder what the general public thinks about our military after seeing movies like this.

3. Feb 8, 2010 at 2:52 PM
    toyotadude5

toyotadude5 Breazeale- Pronounced Brazil

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    Flagstaff, az
    Vehicle:
    2006 Subaru wrx sti (white)
    Really it was bad? i Have wanted to see it cuz i heard it was good.

4. Feb 8, 2010 at 2:52 PM
    meckleystephen

meckleystephen My Taco is Bi-Winning!!!!!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    York, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Tacoma Off Road
    3 Inch Toytec lift,Blacked out badges
    im in the marine corps and i know that nowhere in todays military does that shit go on possibly one of the worst movies of all time -99/10 no research what so ever

5. Feb 8, 2010 at 2:54 PM
    toyotadude5

toyotadude5 Breazeale- Pronounced Brazil

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    Flagstaff, az
    Vehicle:
    2006 Subaru wrx sti (white)
    What happened?

6. Feb 8, 2010 at 2:54 PM
    Mark C.

Mark C. If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM SR5 4WD AC
    LED Dome, Reed Switched LEDs in Glove Box and Center Console, Bumper Fogs, Tailgate anti-theft, LEDs over Cig lighter, Back-up camera anytime, Outside Temp add-on, Hidden GPS power, Sockmonkey 3rd Brakelight decal, 4X4 switch illumination, reed switch controlled engine compartment Flood LEDs, Elite Hitch Cover, Plasti-dipped cupholders and door switch control panels, Elite Hitch Cover.
    I watched it and I'm an old timer....and I couldn't find the weak story line creditable...much like "Crimson Tide".....

7. Feb 8, 2010 at 2:57 PM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    i really liked...don't know anything bout its realism because I have no military experience but thought it was a great movie. old hurt locker thread

8. Feb 8, 2010 at 3:00 PM
    robdawg14m

robdawg14m Rob

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Denton, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4X4 SR5
    Apline IDA-X100 Head Unit Massive P 950.5 Amplifier 100x4 + 550x1 Diamond Audio 10" D1 Sub Focal K2 Component 165KR Debadged 33x12.5 Toyo MT 18" ATX Artillery Toytec ultimate lift kit LR UCA's Wet Okole seat covers
    Dude, I was so pissed when I watched that movie. The only thing that looked half way decent was the desert setting. Having been to Iraq twice and working hand and hand with EOD I can tell you that movie is horse crap. Anyone being that careless and putting everyone else in danger would be done. The movie was actually nominated for a bunch of awards, which is also crap.

9. Feb 8, 2010 at 3:00 PM
    Afwrestler1986

Afwrestler1986 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Johnstown, NY
    Vehicle:
    01 trd 4X4 ex cab manual
    Gray wire, Some lights in the bed area, and some character marks throughout.
    Maybe...............Just maybe it wasn't supposed to be an accurate depiction of real life military EOD. Just say'n. Personally, once you get past the military member judging the movie as a "documentary", I didn't think it was too awful bad. Or maybe, EOD is hurting for people and found a new way to recruit? The story I got from it was the guy had spent sooooooo much time as EOD putting himself on the line that everyday life became boring to him. He would rather subject himself to the "hurt locker" instead of being predictable. Thats what I got out of it. Not the best movie by any means, but not terrible. At least IMO.

10. Feb 8, 2010 at 3:06 PM
    OU812

OU812 ban the term murdered out

Member:
    First Name:
    danusa
    Kilroy was here
    Vehicle:
    13 DblCab LB 4X4
    Nothing yet, brand new!
    I have yet to see Hollywood make a movie which portrays the military accurately.

11. Feb 8, 2010 at 3:12 PM
    OU812

OU812 ban the term murdered out

Member:
    First Name:
    danusa
    Kilroy was here
    Vehicle:
    13 DblCab LB 4X4
    Nothing yet, brand new!
    Not enough liquor in that one. :laugh:

12. Feb 8, 2010 at 3:15 PM
    battleyota

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Oahu, HI
    Vehicle:
    Beast of Destruction
    OME suspension, All-Pro UCA, rear locker, 4.56 gears front and rear diffs, rear dif locker, 32x11.5 BF Goodrich Mud Terrians KM2, 15x8 Mickey Thompson classic lock, ARB bumper, K&N Air filter. Safari Snorkel.
    ok this is why I hated it.

First they roll around alone in a three man team and many times in the movie they had no one on the turrent. I know that EOD will not even come to a sight unless its 200% secured and the buildings have been searched. For awhile in the war EOD had bounties on there head. The were also hurting on keeping EOD techs cause the need for them before the war was not high untill IED's started to show up.
    The movie also made it look like EOD were some higher elite force then any Special operation forces out there. Sneaking out in sector in civilian clothing then trying to sneak back in.
    blah blah blah blah...I can go on for days. But if you are gonna make a movie on being an EOD tech then do it right. I wanted to know who the military advisor was that helped out on this movie.

13. Feb 8, 2010 at 3:18 PM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    Same here. Although even not being in the military I didn't buy the whole story line. But all in all I enjoyed it. Then again I also enjoyed the mini-series "Generation Kill" and I heard a lot of people complain about that, too. Gonna be hard I'd imagine to really get an accurate depiction of anything like that short of just showing actual footage, and then it would be a documentary.

14. Feb 8, 2010 at 3:23 PM
    NAAC3TACO

NAAC3TACO Middle aged member

Member:
    Just east of crazy, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Yokohama Geolander AT tires , Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover, Redline hood struts, unifilter on air pump.
    I heard that Saving Private Ryan was an accurate portrayal of the D-Day invasion. I wasn't there, of course, so who knows. I actually enjoyed The Hurt Locker, but I have no clue if it's accurate or not. The man that wrote the movie was embedded with EOD for awhile, but that doesn't mean he didn't take creative license and botch the reality.

15. Feb 8, 2010 at 3:50 PM
    battleyota

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Oahu, HI
    Vehicle:
    Beast of Destruction
    I've heard that alot of non-military liked/loved the movie, but alot of the military guys dont.... so maybe if I was not in the military I would have liked it.

16. Feb 8, 2010 at 3:58 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    I kinda liked it but I have no experience or background in that field except for maybe after something gets set off. Then I'll do what I have to do from there on.:eek:

17. Feb 8, 2010 at 6:51 PM
    RCBS

RCBS How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    i've not seen it yet, but haven't heard much good about it.

anyone seen the HBO minseries Generation Kill? i have no military background (thanks to all the Vets who do), but i really liked it. it's an 8 or 10 part series kinda like Band of Brothers, but takes place during the invasion of Iraq. what does the military crowd think of it if you've seen it?

18. Feb 8, 2010 at 6:55 PM
    Tsenekos

Tsenekos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Edmonton, CANADA
    Vehicle:
    2005 DC 4WD trd offroad
    Toytec 3" lift w coils,1.5 AAL,5100's all around,diff drop kit, axel shims,N-Fab nerf bars,bestop supertop,fog mod, weathertech mats
    I thought it was crap too kept waiting for a storyline or even a set of tits...I have to say one of the worst glad I downloaded it and never paid to see it at the theatres

19. Feb 8, 2010 at 9:16 PM
    YayAreaTaco0311

YayAreaTaco0311 Motivator

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD 4x4 O/R Supercharged
    OEM TRD supercharger, OEM wheels painted black by me, yellow sidemarkers, arb bumper, LED interiors, roll-n-lock, 5% rear windows, mudflaps removed, protector alarm, mobile trace, blacked out front Toyota emblem, debadged, & tree air freshener.
    I'm gonna see it tomorrow.

C'mon, can't be as bad as the movie "THE MARINE." Oh God, I wanted to hang myself...

20. Feb 8, 2010 at 9:25 PM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    I liked it

Products Discussed in

To Top