Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Just watched a Horrible Military movie...opinions???

Old 02-08-2010, 02:49 PM   #1
battleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant future

Army: 11 Bang Bang Squad leader, 25th ID, with 4 vacations to the exotic lands of the middle east.
Name: David
battleyota's Tacoma Gallery
Just watched a Horrible Military movie...opinions???

Ok, I just watched the "Hurt Locker" and it is perhaps one of the worst military movie ever made...I just wanted to see what other military guys think about it, if you have seen it.
It is soooo untrue, except one or two things in the movie.
I am also wondering how any EOD guys think about it...cause the EOD guys i work with hated it, and we always rag on them about it.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:51 PM   #2
Firefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFirefighter160 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Josh
Firefighter160's Tacoma Gallery
100% AGREED I watched it Saturday night and it really sucked.... I kept waiting for the story line but never really happened. I wonder what the general public thinks about our military after seeing movies like this.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:52 PM   #3
Breazeale- Pronounced Brazil
toyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: truck driver 1404
Name: chris
toyotadude5's Tacoma Gallery
Really it was bad? i Have wanted to see it cuz i heard it was good.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:52 PM   #4
My Taco is Bi-Winning!!!!!!!!
meckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: EAS'D
Name: Stephen
meckleystephen's Tacoma Gallery
im in the marine corps and i know that nowhere in todays military does that shit go on possibly one of the worst movies of all time -99/10 no research what so ever
Old 02-08-2010, 02:54 PM   #5
Breazeale- Pronounced Brazil
toyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: truck driver 1404
Name: chris
toyotadude5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meckleystephen View Post
im in the marine corps and i know that nowhere in todays military does that shit go on possibly one of the worst movies of all time -99/10 no research what so ever
What happened?
Old 02-08-2010, 02:54 PM   #6
If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!
Mark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LCDR Mustang (Ret) - 30 yrs - Submarine and Target Service
Name: Mark
Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
I watched it and I'm an old timer....and I couldn't find the weak story line creditable...much like "Crimson Tide".....
Old 02-08-2010, 02:57 PM   #7
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
i really liked...don't know anything bout its realism because I have no military experience but thought it was a great movie. old hurt locker thread
Old 02-08-2010, 02:59 PM   #8
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) & Air Force DoD contractor.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark C. View Post
I watched it and I'm an old timer....and I couldn't find the weak story line creditable...much like "Crimson Tide".....
I just like quoting Crimson Tide and The Hunt for Red October lol

Hurt Locker, I thought it was entertaining. I have no clue if it's congruent to how EOD operates today.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #9
Rob
robdawg14m is a jewel in the roughrobdawg14m is a jewel in the roughrobdawg14m is a jewel in the rough
Marines: 2nd MP BN
Name: Robert
robdawg14m's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, I was so pissed when I watched that movie. The only thing that looked half way decent was the desert setting. Having been to Iraq twice and working hand and hand with EOD I can tell you that movie is horse crap. Anyone being that careless and putting everyone else in danger would be done. The movie was actually nominated for a bunch of awards, which is also crap.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #10
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: B-52 Crew Chief/ Ground Radio MX/ LC-
Name: Matt
Afwrestler1986's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe...............Just maybe it wasn't supposed to be an accurate depiction of real life military EOD. Just say'n. Personally, once you get past the military member judging the movie as a "documentary", I didn't think it was too awful bad. Or maybe, EOD is hurting for people and found a new way to recruit? The story I got from it was the guy had spent sooooooo much time as EOD putting himself on the line that everyday life became boring to him. He would rather subject himself to the "hurt locker" instead of being predictable. Thats what I got out of it. Not the best movie by any means, but not terrible. At least IMO.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:06 PM   #11
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
I have yet to see Hollywood make a movie which portrays the military accurately.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:09 PM   #12
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
I have yet to see Hollywood make a movie which portrays the military accurately.
Shipmate, go watch Down Periscope.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:12 PM   #13
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Shipmate, go watch Down Periscope.
Not enough liquor in that one.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:13 PM   #14
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Not enough liquor in that one.
hahaha other than that, it's pretty accurate! lol
Old 02-08-2010, 03:15 PM   #15
battleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant future

Army: 11 Bang Bang Squad leader, 25th ID, with 4 vacations to the exotic lands of the middle east.
ok this is why I hated it.

First they roll around alone in a three man team and many times in the movie they had no one on the turrent. I know that EOD will not even come to a sight unless its 200% secured and the buildings have been searched. For awhile in the war EOD had bounties on there head. The were also hurting on keeping EOD techs cause the need for them before the war was not high untill IED's started to show up.
The movie also made it look like EOD were some higher elite force then any Special operation forces out there. Sneaking out in sector in civilian clothing then trying to sneak back in.
blah blah blah blah...I can go on for days. But if you are gonna make a movie on being an EOD tech then do it right. I wanted to know who the military advisor was that helped out on this movie.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:18 PM   #16
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
i really liked...don't know anything bout its realism because I have no military experience but thought it was a great movie. old hurt locker thread
Same here. Although even not being in the military I didn't buy the whole story line. But all in all I enjoyed it. Then again I also enjoyed the mini-series "Generation Kill" and I heard a lot of people complain about that, too. Gonna be hard I'd imagine to really get an accurate depiction of anything like that short of just showing actual footage, and then it would be a documentary.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:19 PM   #17
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
Then again I also enjoyed the mini-series "Generation Kill"
Good stuff.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:23 PM   #18
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I heard that Saving Private Ryan was an accurate portrayal of the D-Day invasion. I wasn't there, of course, so who knows. I actually enjoyed The Hurt Locker, but I have no clue if it's accurate or not. The man that wrote the movie was embedded with EOD for awhile, but that doesn't mean he didn't take creative license and botch the reality.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:50 PM   #19

I've heard that alot of non-military liked/loved the movie, but alot of the military guys dont.... so maybe if I was not in the military I would have liked it.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:58 PM   #20
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I kinda liked it but I have no experience or background in that field except for maybe after something gets set off. Then I'll do what I have to do from there on.