Notices

New Nike Boots

Old 02-20-2010, 10:59 AM   #1
Sapper26 is on a distinguished road

Army: Combat Engineer...Essayons!!
Name: Will
Sapper26's Tacoma Gallery
New Nike Boots

I was wondering if you guys had seen these yet?

http://store.nike.com/index.jsp?site...77/pgid-192558

My buddy just told me about them. They look really cool and all the reviews say they are pretty comfortable.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:03 AM   #2
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper26 View Post
I was wondering if you guys had seen these yet?

http://store.nike.com/index.jsp?site...77/pgid-192558

My buddy just told me about them. They look really cool and all the reviews say they are pretty comfortable.
What kind of sweat is... Oh I mean what country were they made in? Personally, I would stick with BOOT manufacturers not fashion manufacturers... but that's me.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:05 AM   #3
xfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ray
xfactor's Tacoma Gallery
Military look.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:23 AM   #4
Trigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud of
Trigger's Tacoma Gallery
My step dad has a pair. There are REALLY light. Not very durable though.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:25 AM   #5
NorthXNorthwest is a splendid one to beholdNorthXNorthwest is a splendid one to beholdNorthXNorthwest is a splendid one to beholdNorthXNorthwest is a splendid one to beholdNorthXNorthwest is a splendid one to beholdNorthXNorthwest is a splendid one to beholdNorthXNorthwest is a splendid one to behold
Army: Tanker 3/7Inf, 3ID---25A 1-82 CAV, Bend OR
NorthXNorthwest's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

I prefer to buy boots made in America, not by third world children.

Thanks the same reason I dont buy Underarmor products, they are 100% made in China.

Thats just my 2cents
Old 02-20-2010, 11:35 AM   #6
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
What kind of sweat is... Oh I mean what country were they made in? Personally, I would stick with BOOT manufacturers not fashion manufacturers... but that's me.
hahaha really? Nike makes fashion shoes in your eyes?
Old 02-21-2010, 10:11 AM   #7
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
hahaha really? Nike makes fashion shoes in your eyes?
Yeah my feet are too wide... I use New Balance for running shoes and Asolo for my boots, reef for my slippers!
Old 02-21-2010, 10:21 AM   #9
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
Yeah my feet are too wide... I use New Balance for running shoes and Asolo for my boots, reef for my slippers!
My dad has the same issue. He wears work boots made by Red Wing. Similar to these http://www.redwingshoes.com/productd...px?prodid=1156
Old 02-21-2010, 10:36 AM   #10
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
if im spending 130 on boots to look like military boots, why not just get military boots?
Old 02-21-2010, 10:40 AM   #11
Resident Gun-toting Hippie
luni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Medic
Name: Burt's Mustache
luni's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard plenty of good things about those. I know a few people who rotate between those and Oakley boots depending on what they're doing. They wear out quicker but that's just the trade off sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
if im spending 130 on boots to look like military boots, why not just get military boots?
Just cause they aren't made by Altama or Bates means they aren't "military boots" when does the board convene to determine what counts.

5E2. OPTIONAL BOOTS - SOLDIERS MAY WEAR COMMERCIAL BOOTS OF A DESIGN SIMILAR TO THAT OF THE ARMY COMBAT BOOT (TAN), 8 TO 10 INCHES IN HEIGHT AS AUTHORIZED BY THE COMMANDER. THE BOOTS MUST BE MADE OF TAN ROUGH SIDE OUT CATTLEHIDE LEATHER, WITH A PLAIN TOE, AND HAVE A TAN, RUBBER OUTSOLE. SOLDIERS MAY WEAR OPTIONAL BOOTS IN LIEU OF THE STANDARD ISSUE ARMY COMBAT BOOTS (TAN) - HOT WEATHER AND TEMPERATE WEATHER; HOWEVER, THEY DO NOT REPLACE ISSUE BOOTS AS A MANDATORY POSSESSION ITEM. OPTIONAL BOOTS ARE NOT AUTHORIZED FOR WEAR WHEN THE COMMANDER ISSUES AND PRESCRIBES STANDARD ORGANIZATIONAL FOOTWEAR FOR SAFETY OR ENVIRONMENTAL REASONS (SUCH AS INSULATED BOOTS OR SAFETY SHOES).
Old 02-21-2010, 11:26 AM   #12
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Danner for my boots. Comfortable and they last a long time.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:30 AM   #13
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
If I'm in boots, it's usually these suckers:

But then, I'm not military nor hard labor. My needs are different.

Personally, I wouldn't buy anything but running/athletic shoes from Nike. Their "boot" line has a hilarious concept of durability.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:55 AM   #15
Motivator
YayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Police Caller
YayAreaTaco0311's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthXNorthwest View Post
I prefer to buy boots made in America, not by third world children.

Thanks the same reason I dont buy Underarmor products, they are 100% made in China.

Thats just my 2cents
x2!!

Oakley Boots are freakin good, like running shoes:
https://secure.usstandardissue.com/P...tail.cfm?id=61

Exclusive to military and law enforcement.

Made in USA, too.

America, fuck yeah!
Old 02-23-2010, 09:25 AM   #16
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
i loved my oakleys while in indoc and the pipeline. awesome boots.

the nike's look interesting... but i dont think i'd ever buy them
Old 02-23-2010, 09:36 AM   #17
kws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkws129 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kws129's Tacoma Gallery
I believe these are intended for a decidedly "urban" theatre of operations. Ala the same guys who buy timberland "workboots" and slouched down and wear their pants around their knees
Old 02-23-2010, 07:25 PM   #18
Jim&Tammy will become famous soon enoughJim&Tammy will become famous soon enough

Army:
Name: Jim
Jim&Tammy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kws129 View Post
I believe these are intended for a decidedly "urban" theatre of operations. Ala the same guys who buy timberland "workboots" and slouched down and wear their pants around their knees
Pretty much designed for assaulting and thats about it.

The Oakley's actually make two pair of boots one made in USA and the other oversea's. Which are also desigend mainly for assaulting, but I have worn the Oakley's from urban/assaulting to the deserts and many MFF jumps and they have held far better than I ever expected. (I did rotate them out in the desert with my Asolo's though).

The USA ones are little more expensive but as long as you have the oakley SI account you get them for almost half for what they sale anywhere else.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:32 PM   #19
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
Bellevilles! The Oaks were amazingly comfortable but tear up on the rope. Mine were deserts though
Old 02-25-2010, 11:13 AM   #20
10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light
Marines:
Name: Dillon
10.21's Tacoma Gallery
I have about 4 pairs of boots. Being that I'm Marine Corps everyone above me is hell bent on uniformity and so on. So I have a pair for that (Danners), A pair for the field (some old, shitty Bates), a pair for when those higher-up uniformity guys aren't around me in a combat situation (5.11 SWAT), then my hiking boots for when I go hiking or again, not around those who are hell bent on uniformity (Merrel). The best pair I have are the 5.11s, but the most expensive were the Danners...and honestly they kind of suck compared to the rest...I think I'll stick to the guys who specialize in the products...not Nike...the Converse boots sucked too.