Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Swore in for the Navy today!!!

Old 03-02-2010, 11:33 PM   #21
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
SEALs/SWCC brown water. Def not gay water, I mean blue water
Old 03-02-2010, 11:37 PM   #22
Sheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant futureSheepdog has a brilliant future

Navy: Hospital Corpsman 8404 (HM3)
Name: Gary
Sheepdog's Tacoma Gallery
FMF then SWCC is what I want to do but we will see what happens after FMF. If I REALLY like it, i'll just stick with that. But If I decide to move on, I'll go to SWCC.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:51 AM   #23
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Great news and wish you best!!
Old 03-03-2010, 05:36 AM   #24
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
Hooyah brother, Good on you for wanting to go FMF. They are some of the best guys I've worked with. Im agree with the other guys in that you should definately look into specwar, swcc, seal, or even be a dive med tech. They all very rewarding careers. My .02 for what its worth, pay yourself first, play the game and always develop and enhance your skillset (I.E. college, foreign language, civilian certifications)
Fair winds. Keep us posted.
Josh
Old 03-03-2010, 05:40 AM   #25
If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!
Mark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LCDR Mustang (Ret) - 30 yrs - Submarine and Target Service
Name: Mark
Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
Congratulations on your enlistment and school guarantee! It will be exciting, boring, frustrating, and fun......all in one day!
Another opportunity that you may want to consider after your first enlistment (if you should stay), is to apply for Indpendent Duty Corpsman training and volunteer for submarines. IDCs are the closest thing to Doctors on the boats, and you are the sole point of contact for medical on the entire submarine while underway.
You may not want to commit that far down the line, but I wish you luck in whatever career path you take!
Guys like you make me feel good about what I did.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:44 AM   #26
If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.
blackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
blackwatertaco's Tacoma Gallery
bad ass...I know I should of done that...Good luck and Thanks for serving.

God bless
Old 03-03-2010, 06:01 AM   #27
C17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 1A2 701 AS Charleston AFB, SC
Name: Dennis
C17Guy's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats by the way!
Old 03-03-2010, 06:06 AM   #28
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats from one Corpsman to a future one...!!
If you like high-speed low drag shit, go SWCC or Recon, you won't regret it. Even if you don't but you like the camaraderie the Marines offer, you like Recon even more. There are about 90 Recon Corpsman right now and it's the prouder, fewer the Marines offer (there are 9000 FMF Corpsman).
Remember this while in bootcamp, you can stand on your head for 7 weeks, so it'll be easy putting up with crap. But if bootcamp is hard for you then you might want to reconsider FMSS (its FMTB now, but us oldies still use the old name).
Old 03-03-2010, 06:16 AM   #30
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
So how were your parents about you coming outta the closet and all??

Jus fucking with you- Congrats on making one of the best decisions of your life. Good luck with everything!!
lol

shut it knee deep...

There is a joke between us (the Navy and Coast Guard) about where we go. Well, the Navy Sonar operator hears a series of beeps when scanning the water, usually a lot of them since we go deeper. The Coast Guard hears "knee-deep, knee-deep, knee-deep" (they usually go in the harbors and bays and its usually very shallow). When they get to areas the Navy operates, they hear, "TOO DEEP, TOO DEEP, TOO DEEP".
Old 03-03-2010, 06:17 AM   #31
Jevansjr15 is a name known to allJevansjr15 is a name known to allJevansjr15 is a name known to allJevansjr15 is a name known to allJevansjr15 is a name known to allJevansjr15 is a name known to all

Navy: MM3
Name: Joe
Jevansjr15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdog View Post
Well, I'm officially property of the United States Navy now. I ship out to Great Lakes on October 5th of this year. Then I go to school to become a Corpsman. I'm stoked!!!

Make sure to stay away from those corpwhores up there in Great Lakes...You'll know what I mean when you get up there. LOL

Good luck though. I did my 4 years and got out but you may like it more than me.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:37 AM   #32
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.SS View Post
lol

shut it knee deep...

There is a joke between us (the Navy and Coast Guard) about where we go. Well, the Navy Sonar operator hears a series of beeps when scanning the water, usually a lot of them since we go deeper. The Coast Guard hears "knee-deep, knee-deep, knee-deep" (they usually go in the harbors and bays and its usually very shallow). When they get to areas the Navy operates, they hear, "TOO DEEP, TOO DEEP, TOO DEEP".
Tell that to the Coast Guard JG who gets to take command of a Navy Frigate/Destroyer on a regular basis...=)
Oh yeah...And the 387 that is hanging out with the Persian Gulf battle group.
And the Coasties that drove the Navy's landing craft thru WWII

:: If you need someone who can really drive a boat- Call a Coastie!!
Old 03-03-2010, 06:42 AM   #33
Jevansjr15 is a name known to allJevansjr15 is a name known to allJevansjr15 is a name known to allJevansjr15 is a name known to allJevansjr15 is a name known to allJevansjr15 is a name known to all

Navy: MM3
Name: Joe
Jevansjr15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Tell that to the Coast Guard JG who gets to take command of a Navy Frigate/Destroyer on a regular basis...=)
Oh yeah...And the 387 that is hanging out with the Persian Gulf battle group.
And the Coasties that drove the Navy's landing craft thru WWII

:: If you need someone who can really drive a boat- Call a Coastie!!

Coast Guard?? I thought they were Puddle Pirates
Old 03-03-2010, 06:32 PM   #34
Motivator
YayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Police Caller
YayAreaTaco0311's Tacoma Gallery
Congratz!! I'm glad to see you got what you wanted! PT right now and study up on your Naval knowledge!
Old 03-03-2010, 06:37 PM   #35
dman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
dman597's Tacoma Gallery
Good Luck and Be Safe
Old 03-03-2010, 06:59 PM   #36
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeftaco View Post
thank you for your service.
x100!
Old 03-03-2010, 07:32 PM   #37
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Congrates!!! Thanks for your service!
Old 03-03-2010, 08:23 PM   #39
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats man! That's my b-day BTW
Old 03-03-2010, 09:13 PM   #40
User123 has a spectacular aura aboutUser123 has a spectacular aura about
Navy: Corpsman of Marines 1st Bn 4th Marines
User123's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats brother!

Here's my perspective. I did my entire enlistment with the Marines. I was only maybe 3 or 4 out of a class of about 50 during Corps School that actually wanted to go greenside. Its sad to say but once you get to the fleet, most of the greenside Corpsman you'll see are ones that did not want to go with the Marines and are only just there "doing their time" and that leads to alot of bad attitudes and bad reputations for the rest of us.

In my experience, there are 2 types of greenside Corpsman

The lazy asses that try to get out of everything claiming "thats not my job"

And then there are the motivated ones. The ones that want to be there with them and it shows in their attitude and in the way they train. Since you seem like the latter, I dont think you'll have problems. Just go in there and try to out Marine the Marines and they will respect you for it. Dont EVER pull that "I'm a corpsman, I dont do that crap" BS. I HATED that $hit and when I was senior line, I made sure my junior Corpsman NEVER pulled that crap.

As far as being non appreciated or "picked on" by Marines. Its more prevalent with the POGs or support commands because the Corpsman at those commands dont do too much operationally other than set up the BAS and CASEVAC. Not too much integrated training with the Marines like there is in a line company.

Do everything you can to try and get with a grunt unit. And once you're there, do everything you can to get out to a line company. The last thing you want is to get to a grunt unit and sit at the BAS.

The camaraderie that everyone speaks of between a Marine and a Corpsman is usually within grunt units in my experience because you are part of the platoon. The lines between Marine and Corpsman get really blurred at the platoon level as long as you have a cool Platoon Sgt. I was basically a rifleman until someone got hurt. I cleared rooms with my guys in Iraq, knew more about the radio than our platoon R.O. and even taught M.O.U.T to the Iraqi National Guard. I was also a crossdresser for those of you who know what that is.

It's all about what you put in to it. You expect them to learn all the medical classes you teach them so its only fair you learn everything you can during all the classes given on Marine Corps related material.

There really is NO experience like it. You will never be closer to a bunch of guys as you will with your platoon. You get real protective of your guys and they you. I've been out since 08 and I still get calls from guys regarding medical issues lol.

Just strive to be the BEST Corpsman you can be and you should be alright. Feel free to ask me any questions you have.

Oh, and if you deploy on a MEU(you'll be on a ship) DO NOT stand in the Navy line for chow. Stay with your Marines. The lines may be longer but dont separate yourself from your guys.

As far as SWCC goes, If you like serving with the Marines, why not Recon?

If you like to read, try Force Recon Diary 1969 by Major Bruce Norton. He was a Recon Corpsman and eventually went on to become a Major in the Marine Corps.