LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Debating about the Air Guard

Old 03-05-2010, 09:11 PM   #21
Not your average girl
yotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Small town firefighter EMT
Name: Katie
yotanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by REX_111_MDG_BMET View Post
no-- broke my leg during basic-- had to have a rod implanted-- VERY long story short, they let me go back to training and i graduated
Well that's good that you graduated. Damn, that must have sucked though
Old 03-05-2010, 09:14 PM   #22
REX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
REX_111_MDG_BMET's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotanator View Post
Well that's good that you graduated. Damn, that must have sucked though
yeah it sucked pretty hard-- especially considering it was basic and i was treated as such the whole time-- they gave me a chance to get out but i stayed, graduted, and havent looked back-- easily the best decision ive EVER made in my life!!
Old 03-05-2010, 09:16 PM   #23
Not your average girl
yotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by REX_111_MDG_BMET View Post
yeah it sucked pretty hard-- especially considering it was basic and i was treated as such the whole time-- they gave me a chance to get out but i stayed, graduted, and havent looked back-- easily the best decision ive EVER made in my life!!
That's good to know. So far I haven't met anyone who regretted going into the military.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:21 PM   #24
REX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
REX_111_MDG_BMET's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's good to know. So far I haven't met anyone who regretted going into the military.
serving your country, free education, job security-- whats not to love??
Old 03-05-2010, 09:21 PM   #25
flyin_hawaiian is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Loadmaster 40AS
flyin_hawaiian's Tacoma Gallery
tell you what, loadmaster is a good gig. i got 1600 hours on E/H models (the old ones) and im going thru J model training (the newest most upto date model) and i love it. traveled the world got to do cool missions been to 26 countries on 4 continents. and best part is making money on deployments to spend on my truck. and as a flyer you get an extra $150.00 a month for flight pay.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:29 PM   #26
Not your average girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin_hawaiian View Post
tell you what, loadmaster is a good gig. i got 1600 hours on E/H models (the old ones) and im going thru J model training (the newest most upto date model) and i love it. traveled the world got to do cool missions been to 26 countries on 4 continents. and best part is making money on deployments to spend on my truck. and as a flyer you get an extra $150.00 a month for flight pay.
That sounds great! Are you full time or reserve?
Old 03-06-2010, 12:18 AM   #27
Quote:
That sounds great! Are you full time or reserve?
i am active duty.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:00 AM   #28
yea tax free and Haz pay once you break ht border, but they are changing it so you have to be in AOR for a week..
Old 03-13-2010, 10:48 PM   #29
Not your average girl

I went through the first process of the air guard and did an interview with a recruiter, and everything seems great, except one big thing.....they don't like credit card debt. My parents put me on their cards (which aren't exactly low) so I could build up credit. I also have a card of my own. Am I completely screwed here??
Old 03-14-2010, 05:38 AM   #30
wvtac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwvtac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwvtac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwvtac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwvtac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwvtac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwvtac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwvtac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwvtac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwvtac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwvtac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
wvtac0's Tacoma Gallery
I put in over 5 years in the AF active duty as enlisted. While active duty, I finished up my BS. Got out of the AF and joined an Army Reserve Medical unit for 1-1/2 years as enlisted while I worked on my MS. Applied back to the AF for a commission. It was back to San Antonio (Lackland) for OTS. About 3 years active duty as an officer. AF had a program to down-size the officer ranks so i got out. Finished up my 20 years supporting Civil Air Patrol (CAP) as a non-paid reservist. Overall, I have no regrets.

While working with CAP, I had contact with ANG recruiters. Generally speaking, the ANG recruiters will be straight with you. Reason being, you are going to see them every drill weekend.

You have to ask yourself what your longterm goals are. Ask the ANG recruiter "how do I get there from here?" If the paths the recruiter seem ok with you, then go for it.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:03 AM   #31
Not your average girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
They don't like debt because it makes you susceptible to doing something stupid for money... (including spying)

You're not screwed, but your folks have a little work to do for you.
If you're only an "authorized user" of your parents cards, they can remove you with just a phone call. If you're a cosigner, they'll have to fill out a form to take responsibility for the debt & fax it back to the CC company.

As long as the amount in your name only isn't insanely high, you should be OK.
Okay....I'm still a little nervous. I told my mom, and she didn't get what I meant by authorized user or cosigner. She just said it's her account, but my name is on it and I have a card.