1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Gay's in the Military, What the troops think about Civilians making that decision.

Discussion in 'Military' started by battleyota, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 15, 2010 at 10:53 AM
    YayAreaTaco0311

YayAreaTaco0311 Motivator

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD 4x4 O/R Supercharged
    OEM TRD supercharger, OEM wheels painted black by me, yellow sidemarkers, arb bumper, LED interiors, roll-n-lock, 5% rear windows, mudflaps removed, protector alarm, mobile trace, blacked out front Toyota emblem, debadged, & tree air freshener.
    I'm a Marine and I support gay marriage because afterall, this is America... home of the free because this is what we fight for.

I don't have a problem working with gays and certainly have no problem with them. If you're gay, please - I beg you. Don't come up to me and start a conversation while I'm taking a shower. Please don't drop the soap in front of me. That's all I ask for.

I'll let the law makers decide whether or not we should allow openly gay relationships in the military.

If they do allow openly gays in the military, then it looks like I'll have to cut back on the gay jokes. :p

LT is on fire!!!

2. Mar 15, 2010 at 10:54 AM
    kram

kram Well-Known Member

Member:
    Squamish, British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Offroad Access Cab 6spd MGM
    URD Short Shifter TSB Leaf Pack, Bilstein 5100s front (1.75") and rear. 285/70/17 Duratrac on Rhino Sidewinders. Weathertech Digifit Floormats
    You'd better ask them to have different showers and meal areas for the blacks while you are at it. Just to be consistent.

Would it be ok if the strippers got to hang in your digs? Maybe you could form a cohesive bond with her, because you know for sure she doesn't want to be your lover and is just in it for the job.

Guys like you are pretty ego centric to think that all gay guys want to jump your bones. You're probably just as ugly as your sister.

For the record, I'm about as far from gay as anyone could be, but I've had a gay flatmate and my cousin is gay. Neither want to jump me any more than the hot female flatmate I had in university. Both are better value for conversation and "cohesive brotherly bonds" than that airhead would ever be. But you'll probably never get that, living in your bubble.

3. Mar 15, 2010 at 10:56 AM
    C17Guy

C17Guy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Charleston, SC/ Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Readylift Kit, 245/75/16, HID's, Debadged, Kenwood DNX9960 Double Din Navigation, Image Dynamics Door Components, Pioneer Amp, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Grillcraft Uppers and Lowers
    Alright, a lot of good points going on. But I think the point is being missed, but this is all my opinion of course and I could possibly be full of it.

I think one of the reasons why I'm against it, is bc it does effect the comradery/ brotherhood of groups. Personally, I would hate to send troops into battle or what not with that lacking. Without them looking out for each other, lives will be lost, gay or not.

Society in general is quite bias, no doubts about it. The military is far from perfect, just like those that serve in it (my self included). But through out time, the military has gotten over these bias tendencies, racism being a huge one. Not to say its non-existent, but I've taken literally hundreds of soldiers/special forces, Marine/Army/Seals you name it into combat zones, and the color of their brother next to them does not play what so ever. They truly love each other (no pun intended :D). The reason why I bring that up, is that maybe one day, like racism, homosexuality will be accepted and looked past.

Someone brought up a question if we rape women bc they serve now, well no, but believe me, hundreds of cases of sexual abuse does take place every year. Just go to your SARC representatives and ask them. So bad example to bring up imo.

Just my $.02

4. Mar 15, 2010 at 10:59 AM
    battleyota

battleyota [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Oahu, HI
    Vehicle:
    Beast of Destruction
    OME suspension, All-Pro UCA, rear locker, 4.56 gears front and rear diffs, rear dif locker, 32x11.5 BF Goodrich Mud Terrians KM2, 15x8 Mickey Thompson classic lock, ARB bumper, K&N Air filter. Safari Snorkel.
    I am going to respond to this professionally, Being in a combat arms MOS is much different then being in another MOS in the military, and it varies from branch to branch...The "bigot" ideas are mostly in those combat arms MOS, I agree everyone should serve, gay or not, but just dont make it known to me...cause knowledge of that will effect my performance as a combat soldier, go ahead and call me ignorant, or a bigot, but if it keeps me to fight 150% and not have to worry about that, then I accept that.

5. Mar 15, 2010 at 11:01 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    No...It's a perfect example. Gays will not rape you every chance they get. Just like you don't rape every female you see. They may be gay- that doesn't mean they can't control themselves when they see you naked.

Are you cool with straight dood talking to you in the shower?? I'd rather get left the fuck alone no matter who you are (except my wife...)

And the same way females who get harassed/attacked- If a gay dood hits on you- Talk to your SARC. It can fit the definition of a harassment case....but again...I think you'll find the gay people can think like the rest of us and won't be trolling for dates over chow or anything....unless you throw that vibe....

6. Mar 15, 2010 at 11:04 AM
    Mxpatriot

Mxpatriot Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 AP LT and Locked
    #1: You don't understand - you haven't served.

#2: Being in the service is not what you get out of it, but what you can do for your country. Some people don't just look at life and say "what can I take from this?", they say "what can I do to keep life this great for everyone?".

Unit morale and cohesion have a direct effect on performance in combat (survival). Doing anything that reduces combat effectiveness does not make sense. The military is not about individual's and their rights (as you said, we give up freedom to serve). By the same token, in order to preserve morale and cohesion, gays currently have to give up the freedom to be openly homosexual. So what I'm saying is "You're going to risk my life because you want to openly express your sexuality in the work place?".

Until accepting homosexuality is the norm for 18-22 year old males (majority of the military), there will be problems with open homosexuality. It's not right, it's not fair, but it's reality.

7. Mar 15, 2010 at 11:09 AM
    YayAreaTaco0311

YayAreaTaco0311 Motivator

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD 4x4 O/R Supercharged
    OEM TRD supercharger, OEM wheels painted black by me, yellow sidemarkers, arb bumper, LED interiors, roll-n-lock, 5% rear windows, mudflaps removed, protector alarm, mobile trace, blacked out front Toyota emblem, debadged, & tree air freshener.
    I don't care if you're a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader, leave me the fuck alone while I'm conducting hygiene ops!

8. Mar 15, 2010 at 11:10 AM
    smuggiesrider

smuggiesrider Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2021 Army Green TRD Off-Road DCSB AT
    TRD 2" Lift kit w/ PRO Grille swap package ARE CX Classic Cap Sumitomo Encounter AT 265/75/16 tires TRD Pro wheels Predator steps Frame salt protection spray Weather Tech floor Mats and rainguards Wet Okole Seat Covers Bedmat Black exhaust tip Bed light LED kit Tailgate mat Eyecatcher tailgate letters Yoda cover for tow hitch and steering wheel Decals for grille, glove box, badges $$$$$$
    Someone please explain to me how sexual preference will determine if someone can perform their job with any less success?

150 years ago we were saying the same thing about anyone not White!

Does being a lesbian or gay really scare all of you THAT much!
    Trust me I'm straight as a bullet but no one will sprinkle Fairy Dust on you while your sleeping and turn you gay!

9. Mar 15, 2010 at 11:10 AM
    C17Guy

C17Guy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Vehicle:
    Readylift Kit, 245/75/16, HID's, Debadged, Kenwood DNX9960 Double Din Navigation, Image Dynamics Door Components, Pioneer Amp, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Grillcraft Uppers and Lowers

I think your a little mistaken... I make a very comfortable living from the Air Force, especially as a enlisted aviator, and on top of that it'll double as an O. As enlisted, I'm not living on base or what ever your thinking, I actually own a home in Charlotte, and rent an apartment in Charleston. Off this "squat" salary, I'm able to keep two places of residence, 3 motorcycles, a truck (which has not exactly been cheap playing with:p) and live quite nicely. Again, I think I'm in a special category, but you'd be surprised how much you can make.

10. Mar 15, 2010 at 11:12 AM
    C17Guy

C17Guy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Vehicle:
    Again your missing the point, its not whether that person can do their job, its what they represent, or their beliefs will do to others. At least, right now in the military it will have an effect, believe me. Who knows a couple years from now, but like every prejudice nature, through time it will slowly dissipate.

11. Mar 15, 2010 at 11:15 AM
    Mxpatriot

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 AP LT and Locked
    Because when "John" is homosexual and his immature team/squad mates ridicule him constantly, "John" will not be part of the "team". Team work is 110% essential to almost everything the military does. So right or wrong, "John" being gay causes a problem.

Changing "John" (keeping him "in the closet") is a helluva lot easier than changing every 18-22 year old immature male who has nothing better to do than give "John" hell for being gay, because the ratio of "Johns" to "prejudiced knuckleheads" is 1:100

12. Mar 15, 2010 at 11:20 AM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers

So, Homosexual's shouldn't be allowed in the military because some homophobic imbecile feels uncomfortable around them? Perhaps Black's shouldn't be allowed in the South, because there are area's where they are somewhat less-than-welcomed and it could be dangerous for them.

I don't see any reason, aside from bigotry and homophobia, why there is any opposition to this.

As for the shower thing, do you fuck every girl you've seen naked?

13. Mar 15, 2010 at 11:22 AM
    AZ11

AZ11 I'd rather eat dirt

Member:
    First Name:
    Shaun
    PHX, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner DC/SB TRD Sport
    TRD CAI, TRD Cat back exhaust, OME 885 springs/N140 front struts, Toytec top plate, OME 182 rear struts/Toytec AAL rear, Total Chaos UCA's, Spidertrax wheel spacers, Black Badged, 20% tint in front, 5% in back, Viper two way alarm/remote start, PA15-TOY iPod interface
    That's not how our voting system is set up. How messed up would things be if we all only voted for things that pertain to ourselves on a very personal level.

14. Mar 15, 2010 at 11:22 AM
    smuggiesrider

smuggiesrider Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2021 Army Green TRD Off-Road DCSB AT
    TRD 2" Lift kit w/ PRO Grille swap package ARE CX Classic Cap Sumitomo Encounter AT 265/75/16 tires TRD Pro wheels Predator steps Frame salt protection spray Weather Tech floor Mats and rainguards Wet Okole Seat Covers Bedmat Black exhaust tip Bed light LED kit Tailgate mat Eyecatcher tailgate letters Yoda cover for tow hitch and steering wheel Decals for grille, glove box, badges $$$$$$
    I get the point.
    Teamwork and brotherhood are Vital in warfare.

It's just time to loose the bias attitudes. Gays, Blacks, Whites, Were all still American and most importantly HUMAN BEINGS!!
    Someday we will have a bigger enemy to fight and all this will seem like petty BS!!

15. Mar 15, 2010 at 11:22 AM
    jason1kyle

jason1kyle commander101

Member:
    JOHNSON CITY, TN
    Vehicle:
    08 double cab trd sr5
    77 series k&n 1inch throttle body spacer dual in single out catback exhaust (exhaust pros)
    i agree with chase should it be that way no but thats still the way it is in the military or atleast infantry we are pretty mean and coldhearted to guys that we do like and respect just part of it its a diff world when u can say the most hatefull things to someone and they just say it back thats how it is beating the shit outa someone for there b-day or b/c they are a new guy thats the military were trained killers not politically correct

16. Mar 15, 2010 at 11:24 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit

LOL...I noticed you pulled your "We don't cut and run" section from your post....Changed your mind on that one, eh??

It's not easy...but it's the right thing to do. And using your argument- It would probably never happen. Gays are plenty well integrated into many portions of society and geographic areas....and at the same time- are very outcast in others. There will always be bigots- Sussing them out and reeducating or sending them on their way is the only way to face the issue.

17. Mar 15, 2010 at 11:26 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    This type of topic is totally ignorant.....

In the last decade (or more), there's a lot of American people have faught their damnest and hardest to teach people (especially our children) NOT to be prejudice and to stop discrimination in our country.

I think we've come a long way....and have improved.

Until this bullshit comes up about whether or not gays should be in the military or whether gays should be allowed to get married and gawd knows what else there is... It's pathetic....Americans have such a double standard. Noooo, America isn't prejudice, but we won't allow gays in the military. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

That's total crap!!
    The guys in the military need to grow-the-hell-up and respect their fellow comrades. If they're caught ridiculing them, they should be kicked out!!
    We don't want any immature, disrespectful Americans in our military!!

18. Mar 15, 2010 at 11:27 AM
    Trigger

Trigger Well-Known Member

Member:
    Just my opinion.

19. Mar 15, 2010 at 11:27 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Two things-
    1)Periods (like .) are your friend. So is the enter key.
    2) "That's just the way it is" is an excuse that people who are too lazy/too bigoted use when changes come- And it hasn't worked yet. Salvery, Womans rights, Child Labor laws are all examples- TONS of people said "This is what we do" but the laws were changed and while not perfect...Things are a lot better now.

20. Mar 15, 2010 at 11:28 AM
    Mxpatriot

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 AP LT and Locked
    It sounded a little too hooah and political at second thought. :cool:

I stick to my point - if it doesn't help us accomplish the mission, then it doesn't make sense.

In war there is no right and wrong, there is only who is left...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top