LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

WTF is going on with the ARMY??!

Old 03-26-2010, 04:03 AM   #22
mortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant futuremortuusangelus has a brilliant future

Name: Michael
mortuusangelus's Tacoma Gallery
We don't really have to worry about not having a military, the government can fix that by just reinstating the draft, or pulling an Israel and making service mandatory. Don't say they'd never get away with it either, hell, Obama is getting away with the healthcare legacy that he wanted.
Personally I think tech should just get taken away from the younger generations. If you can't mow the lawn, you don't get anything that's electrical and/or network connected. Parents should be putting their kids in their own version of basic.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:20 AM   #23
rsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of lightrsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of lightrsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of lightrsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of lightrsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of lightrsincavage85 is a glorious beacon of light

Army: Radar Platoon SGT
Name: Rick
rsincavage85's Tacoma Gallery
Sigsense nice pic and that is actually true. Little story from my last deployment. I had 2 guys one about 30ish. He wasn't one of my original guys. While at Polk for our month long force on force he would get pizza and bread sticks every night from Pizza Hut, damn slob. And another one of my guys would spend more money on food instead of eating the healthy chow hall food, pizza and BK in Iraq suck ass bad. I think I spent most of the deployment chewing his ass out for waisting his money when he knew he had a kid on the way at home. I actually had to give hima counseling statement for it.
Know the best, when we were getting ready fior the flight over everyone gets weighed with all their gear on. I pushed about 230 with weapon IOTV and plates, laptop and carry- bag. Another guy in front of me was over 400 with same amount of gear. Then I see his fat ass riding around in a Gator all day.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:23 AM   #24
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
our society is getting pussified, that's for sure. but one can argue that the "ground pounders" of the past are needed less and less in todays armed forces; think Predator, Global Hawk, Blue Force, remote operated robots...our military is teeming with technology. that said, IMO they should lengthen training to ensure fitness aptatude and be more stringent on entry qualifications. i forsee our military relying on small elite groups of highly trained operators backed up by satelites and machinery operated remotely from bases anywhere in the world.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:26 AM   #25
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing's wrong with the army...it's these fucking kids these days...soft as hell.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:29 AM   #26
Resident Gun-toting Hippie
luni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Medic
Name: Burt's Mustache
luni's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodehard09 View Post
im sorry you cannot learn how to fight from a video game. as technologically advanced of a society that we live in it still boils down to real world experience.
just like a marine corps sniper cannot learn how to make that 1000 meter shot on a playstation.
Right, and where did I say video games would replace real world training? Video games would be an excellent training tool for walk throughs and sand table exercises. With the right software you could mock up the operational environment down to individual buildings and rooms, highlight fundamental areas to focus on, and change mission parameters and complications with the click of a button. It would be an excellent tool for getting through the crawl phase of ANY task you needed to apply it too. Then after running through multiple scenarios in the crawl phase your soldiers are better prepared for a number of contingencies when they get into a real world walk-phase scenario, which gets you operational in less time with better training.

The Army has basically been playing Arcade Time Crisis for years with every weapon system being integrated. It develops muscle memory. If you could do something similar from a few desktops and then throw on your gear and go outside and run it that would give a serious training advantage at the team/squad level.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:55 AM   #27
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Yup...they're fat.
and lazy..!!
Old 03-26-2010, 06:02 AM   #28
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucanV13 View Post
Thank God for Specwar/SOF
Amen brother.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:06 AM   #29
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Around my area, our graduating class was the last good class to come out. Watching all of these kids now is pathetic. It's amazing how they get away with doing such dumb shit, and don't think twice about doing it. If I were to do something at school or out and about I would be scared as shit going home to the old man. He'd smack my ass and that would smarten me up real quick. Armed Forces need to toughen up these young little arrogant pricks.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:23 AM   #30
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
I find it very funny that the NAVY personnel have anything to say about the physical ability of any other service. The Navy has just recently adopted a PT uniform. It is very true that the Army is getting too easy. I have been in for 11 years, and in that time it is very hard to see how the Army carries itself. Alot of the PC bullshit comes from all the media intervention and insirtion into combat enviornments. When Joe gets yelled at, the Army is too hard on it's Soldiers, in the media's eyes and because they don't understand it they produce it from that image. Soldiers these days that I get straight out of training are absolutely horrible because of it. When they get babied by their DS's and PSG's in training they get set up for failure when they get to me because I work the shit out of them, and make them earn every fucking dime they make like I did. They hate it and me at first, then later on they thank me for all the "Good Training" they have recieved. Children of todays day in age are just as capable, they just have to have it sweat out of them! Just me $.02!
Old 03-26-2010, 06:30 AM   #32
LIVESTRONG
Bullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bullzi511Tacoma06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Nothing's wrong with the army...it's these fucking kids these days...soft as hell.
Not all of them, but a very large majority. I taught/coached in high school for 3 years. They are nothing like we were in school. Total babies!
Old 03-26-2010, 06:43 AM   #33
badguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police (95B)
badguybuster's Tacoma Gallery
I am just going to say this: "I served my country in the Army, and have been in two conflicts on two different continents. If you made a comment on this thread and have NOT served...SHUT UP!! You have no damned idea what you are talking about. If you have served, then, please, by all means, speak the truth."

Have a great day and GOD Bless America.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:50 AM   #34
Resident Gun-toting Hippie
luni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shedluni is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Medic
Name: Burt's Mustache
luni's Tacoma Gallery
And out of that pool who the hell has actually trained any number of soldiers? And not "I took Joe Snuffy to the company to in-process." I mean starting from commander's intent and task/condition/standards, through training plan, resources, scheduling, then conducting the training, AAR, applying the AAR, and going back for round 2.

Just a lot of ignorance being thrown around this thread. Granted OP started it by missing the point of the original article entirely.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:53 AM   #35
Mind = Blown
Loudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD
Name: Blair
Loudpedal's Tacoma Gallery
I'm aghast at the pics of the Army fatties. I've been out for ten years now and guys like that would have been chaptered out with a quickness. I mean it looks like Pizza Boy and the Army Strong tubby are wearing maternity uniforms.

But as Luni said, the use of combat simulation (video games) has been around for a while. Tank drivers, pilots, have used simulators for years. its just that the technology has advanced to make it practical for the infantry types. It's merely and evolution of a sand table. Much easier to critique actions when you can control time with a pause button.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:53 AM   #36
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakoTruck View Post
Take a road trip to some of the city's here in California. A lot of gay Emo kids running around, wearing tight jeans, and gay hair cuts.
Here in Pennsylvania..... people are too damn lazy to wear real clothes.

They wear pajamas now-a-days. Yeah, like the type of pajamas with sponge bob, scooby doo, batman shit all over them.

Soft? Bullshit..... society has gotten LAZY!!!!
Old 03-26-2010, 07:10 AM   #38
LIVESTRONG
Bullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bullzi511Tacoma06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by badguybuster View Post
I am just going to say this: "I served my country in the Army, and have been in two conflicts on two different continents. If you made a comment on this thread and have NOT served...SHUT UP!! You have no damned idea what you are talking about. If you have served, then, please, by all means, speak the truth."

Have a great day and GOD Bless America.
Hey man, first off- Thank you! Your service to our country means the world to me. Secondly, I was commenting on the kids coming out of high school these days, not the Army nor it's soldiers. I would never try to step on someones shoes when I've never been where they are. I try not to ever comment on anything that I have no personal experience with.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:11 AM   #39
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by linwoodm View Post
I find it very funny that the NAVY personnel have anything to say about the physical ability of any other service. The Navy has just recently adopted a PT uniform. It is very true that the Army is getting too easy. I have been in for 11 years, and in that time it is very hard to see how the Army carries itself. Alot of the PC bullshit comes from all the media intervention and insirtion into combat enviornments. When Joe gets yelled at, the Army is too hard on it's Soldiers, in the media's eyes and because they don't understand it they produce it from that image. Soldiers these days that I get straight out of training are absolutely horrible because of it. When they get babied by their DS's and PSG's in training they get set up for failure when they get to me because I work the shit out of them, and make them earn every fucking dime they make like I did. They hate it and me at first, then later on they thank me for all the "Good Training" they have recieved. Children of todays day in age are just as capable, they just have to have it sweat out of them! Just me $.02!
You guys wear your PT uniform everywhere...lol The Navy is trying to look 'organized' that's all.
I'm almost 40 and can still carry an 80lb pack with my supplies and weapon.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:13 AM   #40
︻╦╤─

Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Here's the real question....

How did this guy make it through basic training?

Or

Did he gain a few pounds while being in the army?
I think the Army ratio is 52% Active and 48% Reserve/National Guard so he may be one of the 48%.
With Army Medicine, it's 27%/73%