Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Are we ever going to leave?

Old 04-08-2010, 07:51 AM   #1
Master Airman of the Navy
Dawayne409 is just really niceDawayne409 is just really niceDawayne409 is just really niceDawayne409 is just really nice

Navy: STRKGRP 10, DESRON 26, CVN 75
Name: Dawayne
Dawayne409's Tacoma Gallery
Are we ever going to leave?

I'm in the Navy stationed onboard the Truman (CVN75) and I'm fed up with our completely unsure deployment schedule. We've been on a perpetual workup cycle for more than a year now. They told us 6 different times that we were definitely going on cruise on a specific date....only to say that they were unsure of the date as soon as everyone had made their predeployment arrangements! Thank god I'm not a family man or I would have gone crazy by now. Alot of my married friends are really going through it bad right now with such an unsure schedule, most moved their families back to their home of record when the command said that we were leaving for sure. (like they've been telling us since October) So now they're stuck either having to be without their family, paying to move their family back, finding new places to live or living on the ship. I know this is just a rant from a junior sailor but its really messing with people's lives and money. Not to mention the fact that since we're set to deploy whenever Washington figures out when and where they want us we have to keep requal'ing or ship and our airwing, which means we're out to sea for 2 weeks, in port for a couple days, out to sea for a month, in port for a week, out to sea for 3 days in port for 3 weeks, out to sea for 3 weeks, in port for 2 weeks, etc, etc. It's grinding my nerves real bad. Hell, the Ike came back from a deployment and left for another one in five months! Why couldn't the Battle 'E' Winning, Best CArrier on the Waterfront USS Harry S Truman have taken their spot? They just got back for fuck's sake, give the crew a break! Let them sit at home port and do carrier quals for flight school students while we're in the gulf taken ass and kicking names! I want to go send some ordinance off the pointy end damnit!

::Rant over, thank you for your time::
Old 04-08-2010, 07:54 AM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you for your service.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:56 AM   #3
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Best of luck. Hope all goes well. Thank you for your service. Stay safe.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:02 AM   #5
Dawayne409 is just really niceDawayne409 is just really niceDawayne409 is just really niceDawayne409 is just really nice

Thanks NRA and 98, usually don't get that much in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid89 View Post
what about Op Sec brother. but I do know what you mean though.

Op Sec in still in check, I haven't said anything that the Navy Times hasn't said. Hell, they posted dates and shit. Lol
Old 04-08-2010, 08:06 AM   #6
JTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Flight School
JTaco386's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

It sucks not knowing and waiting around to see what's next. I just found out last night that I'm deploying June 1st and my daughter is due may 31st. That's just the price we have to pay for our country. Good luck to you. Just remember it could always be worse.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:07 AM   #7
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
when you get a chance, make sure and write cleaver things on the ammo that wont be comming back
Old 04-08-2010, 08:08 AM   #8
Awesome Member
tacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
tacomakid89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawayne409 View Post
Thanks NRA and 98, usually don't get that much in the world.

Op Sec in still in check, I haven't said anything that the Navy Times hasn't said. Hell, they posted dates and shit. Lol
No shit. The media is horrible as far as that goes. But when the Haiti earthquake happened, we were gone within 24 hours of our notice. It sucked so much. Oh and we were in the middle of a holiday weekend too. Major bummer
Old 04-08-2010, 08:09 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTaco386 View Post
It sucks not knowing and waiting around to see what's next. I just found out last night that I'm deploying June 1st and my daughter is due may 31st. That's just the price we have to pay for our country. Good luck to you. Just remember it could always be worse.
Good luck to you too brother, going to the shit in the summer months aint no joke. My cousin just came back and he said the temp in their transport was a breezy 120 most days......in late winter. Be safe out there.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:53 AM   #10
Jotun is a splendid one to beholdJotun is a splendid one to beholdJotun is a splendid one to beholdJotun is a splendid one to beholdJotun is a splendid one to beholdJotun is a splendid one to beholdJotun is a splendid one to behold
Army: 2ID
Jotun's Tacoma Gallery
Look all I would like to feel sorry for you but You Signed Up for it. You joined the military at a time of war and now dislike the fact that they are possibly sending you on irregular deployment schedules? I understand your frustration. I do. I have personally been on 4 deployments in 8 years and it sucks for not only me but the Wife and kids as well. But thats what we are here for.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:46 PM   #11
MarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: KC-130J Loadmaster
Name: Brian
MarineTacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No shit. The media is horrible as far as that goes. But when the Haiti earthquake happened, we were gone within 24 hours of our notice. It sucked so much. Oh and we were in the middle of a holiday weekend too. Major bummer
Tell me about it, I had to come in that sunday and fly yall down there. Then come back and sleep in my nice comfortable bed and enjoy one more day of the extended liberty
Old 04-08-2010, 02:50 PM   #12
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NraFan View Post
Best of luck. Hope all goes well. Thank you for your service. Stay safe.
X2
Old 04-08-2010, 03:12 PM   #13
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
I remember those days, dont miss them a bit! I feel for you brother, Ive been there. when are you slated to rotate out and whats your rating? I'd be dropping chits left and right to go TAD to schools or over to specwargru-2 and mudpup. Would RivRon be a route that'd interest you? Keep your chin up, I dont think anyones sure whats going on anymore.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:14 PM   #14
JTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Flight School
JTaco386's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawayne409 View Post
Good luck to you too brother, going to the shit in the summer months aint no joke. My cousin just came back and he said the temp in their transport was a breezy 120 most days......in late winter. Be safe out there.
Thanks!! Yea it will be hit for sure, it's my second time going to the middle east, but it's a job that someone has to do. I love the military and plan to finish the next 15 yeas until retirement....hopefully
Old 04-08-2010, 03:57 PM   #15
Motivator
YayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Police Caller
YayAreaTaco0311's Tacoma Gallery
Sup Squid,

You need to transfer to the Marines as 0300 mos.

Myself and America appreciate what you do.

Don't drop the soap now...
Old 04-08-2010, 05:49 PM   #16
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
dont have to worry about that in the AF we've pretty much got "windows" of deployment since we're on a constant AEF cycle....in guard, the cycle comes up like once every 3 years
Old 04-09-2010, 03:26 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotun View Post
Look all I would like to feel sorry for you but You Signed Up for it. You joined the military at a time of war and now dislike the fact that they are possibly sending you on irregular deployment schedules? I understand your frustration. I do. I have personally been on 4 deployments in 8 years and it sucks for not only me but the Wife and kids as well. But thats what we are here for.
I've heard the whole "stop complaining, you're the one who signed up" thing before, but have you ever heard that if a sailor aint complaining theres something wrong? Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetik873 View Post
I remember those days, dont miss them a bit! I feel for you brother, Ive been there. when are you slated to rotate out and whats your rating? I'd be dropping chits left and right to go TAD to schools or over to specwargru-2 and mudpup. Would RivRon be a route that'd interest you? Keep your chin up, I dont think anyones sure whats going on anymore.
I've been dropping chits like crazy for anything I can to pass the time more quickly but they all come back with the same remarks. " Member is far too mission critical to release at this time. " Wish my evals reflected that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 X-Runner View Post
Thats what i used to say when i was in vietnam... I know it sucks not knowing, but thats how it is .. hurry up and wait
Sounds exactly like what my grandfather tells me when I complain to him.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:55 AM   #19
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Taco Gunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Is this sarcasm? Please tell me it is.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:08 AM   #20
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
I feel your pain. I was there a few months ago myself.
Volunteer for an IA billet.