Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Aviators!!

Old 04-13-2010, 08:25 AM   #1
too many clowns, not enough circuses.
daftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the sheddaftcon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: François Dillinger
daftcon's Tacoma Gallery
Aviators!!

I haven't seen a specific thread geared just towards aviators, so here we go. Not that I or we have anything against everyone else, its just a different kind of brotherhood. so lets hear it gents.

C-130 E/H3 Flight Engineer
Little Rock AFB, AR
Old 04-13-2010, 09:06 AM   #2
Dondo is on a distinguished road
Dondo's Tacoma Gallery
Private Pilot since 2006. Checked out in a Cherokee 180 (complex), Cessna 152/172, and I'm kicking around the idea of working on a tail wheel endorsement in a Champ. I'm also the airport manager for KHUT, and president of a local pilots group called the Hutchinson Area Aviators. Not to mention an avid flight simulator guy. I have a partial home cockpit (yoke/pedals/throttle quadrant/start switch panel) and 3 24" monitors.

Dondo
Old 04-13-2010, 10:40 AM   #4
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/mil...-hardware.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...tary-pics.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/mil...-military.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...u-do-work.html

and this is prob the best one...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/mil...-military.html
Old 04-13-2010, 05:13 PM   #6
MoMatt is on a distinguished road
MoMatt's Tacoma Gallery
Many thanks to the military aviatiors, we all owe you a lot.

That said, you do have one of the best jobs in the world!

I've been flying for about ten years, currently teaching new hires for All Nippon Airways in California.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:50 PM   #7
dmbfan73 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddmbfan73 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddmbfan73 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddmbfan73 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddmbfan73 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddmbfan73 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddmbfan73 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddmbfan73 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddmbfan73 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddmbfan73 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddmbfan73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: c-17 loadmaster
dmbfan73's Tacoma Gallery
C-17A loadmaster. 21st Airlift Squadron, Travis AFB,Ca. Currently deployed
Old 04-13-2010, 05:52 PM   #8
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
P3 Orion Flight Engineer. IBNFE Local 8251!
Old 04-13-2010, 06:01 PM   #9
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMatt View Post
Many thanks to the military aviatiors, we all owe you a lot.

That said, you do have one of the best jobs in the world!

I've been flying for about ten years, currently teaching new hires for All Nippon Airways in California.
Nice first post.

Thanks for your service. Hopefully one day I can join some of you in the air.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:34 PM   #11
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Taco Gunner's Tacoma Gallery
Former C130 Loadmaster
Current HH60G Pave Hawk Gunner

Furloughed G200 Pilot for a VERY large fractional operator...

MoMatt...you guys hiring!!??
Old 04-14-2010, 05:43 PM   #12
MoMatt's Tacoma Gallery
Taco Gunner -

Unfortunately not; we're fat on pilots like everyone else right now. If it's the "VERY large fractional operator" I'm thinking of, any word on call backs? Things seem to be slowly turning around...

Are you based at Moffett on the HH60?
Old 04-14-2010, 05:44 PM   #13
MoMatt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Disregard... Just saw AZ in the sidebar.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:33 PM   #14
Throttlebender is on a distinguished road

Name: Cameron
Throttlebender's Tacoma Gallery
Turbo Commander pilot......mainlt gov't mapping contracts.

Cheers
Old 04-14-2010, 08:10 PM   #15
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Taco Gunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Taco Gunner -

Unfortunately not; we're fat on pilots like everyone else right now. If it's the "VERY large fractional operator" I'm thinking of, any word on call backs? Things seem to be slowly turning around...

DM based....and no worries. As for callbacks...who the hell knows. I have a date but I am not basing much on it.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:55 PM   #16
Claytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud of

Air Force: GREEN LIGHT!
Name: Clayton
Claytor's Tacoma Gallery
Nav (CSO) student Randolph AFB, Just dropped Slicks to Dyess. Set to graduate on 21 May.

anyone have insight on little rock or Dyess

Edit: Slicks = C130s
Old 04-16-2010, 04:20 PM   #17
©1975
aaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cap'n Crunch
aaronatl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlebender View Post
Turbo Commander pilot......mainlt gov't mapping contracts.

Cheers
We have a 1973 turbo commander at the shop, its days are DONE
Attached Thumbnails
Aviators!!-dsc00132.jpg  
Old 04-21-2010, 12:02 AM   #18
tacomapilot is on a distinguished road

Army: Apache Pilot
Name: Nick
tacomapilot's Tacoma Gallery
AH64 A&D Apache Pilot/Test Pilot/Instructor Pilot.... Just left the commercial world of flying and started teaching new Apache pilots out in Arizona at the school house... Two deployments and roughly 2500+ hrs.... Good times!
Old 04-21-2010, 06:31 PM   #19
©1975
aaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cap'n Crunch
aaronatl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomapilot View Post
AH64 A&D Apache Pilot/Test Pilot/Instructor Pilot.... Just left the commercial world of flying and started teaching new Apache pilots out in Arizona at the school house... Two deployments and roughly 2500+ hrs.... Good times!
your brakes, your aircraft, TP
Old 04-22-2010, 03:07 PM   #20
C17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 1A2 701 AS Charleston AFB, SC
Name: Dennis
C17Guy's Tacoma Gallery
C-17 Loadmaster at Charleston AFB, SC
Cessna 172RG and 310 Pilot