LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

I have made the decision. any mp's here?

Old 04-16-2010, 04:08 AM   #21
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
There are no MA's in "Duty Section".
Old 04-16-2010, 06:06 AM   #23
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on making the decision on military service, whatever route you take it can provide a world of opportunities if you want it to.
Lots of good suggestions from many veterans who have invaluable MP/MA + other branch experience. That info is worth its weight in gold & is the real deal not a sales pitch.

Just a heads up if you don't already know though ....your initial military service obligation is 8 yrs. It can be a combo of AD, Guard/Reserve/Inactive Ready Reserve (IRR).

When I joined the army in Feb 1983, the min military obligation was 6 yrs. My initial MOS was not what I finished with at retirement in 2007,
yes its a totally different army today.
But the time went by in a blink of an eye.
It was so worth it & yes take advantage of all the education you can!

Before you sign try to attend any military career day events in your area, talk with as many vets you can & ask to get eyes & hands on if you can etc.
And of course the recruiters. Visit them all!
IMO an honorable military service record is very attractive nowadays to potential private and public sector employers.
Veteran preference used for years in landing civil service jobs, can also help in today's competitive job market giving an an edge over a saturated applicant pool available to picky employers. Who knows you might stay for 20

Whatever you do , best of luck in your decision, sounds like you're following your family history.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:43 AM   #24
Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired
cakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police
cakmakli's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
Congrats on making the decision on military service, whatever route you take it can provide a world of opportunities if you want it to.
Lots of good suggestions from many veterans who have invaluable MP/MA + other branch experience. That info is worth its weight in gold & is the real deal not a sales pitch.

Just a heads up if you don't already know though ....your initial military service obligation is 8 yrs. It can be a combo of AD, Guard/Reserve/Inactive Ready Reserve (IRR).

When I joined the army in Feb 1983, the min military obligation was 6 yrs. My initial MOS was not what I finished with at retirement in 2007,
yes its a totally different army today.
But the time went by in a blink of an eye.
It was so worth it & yes take advantage of all the education you can!

Before you sign try to attend any military career day events in your area, talk with as many vets you can & ask to get eyes & hands on if you can etc.
And of course the recruiters. Visit them all!
IMO an honorable military service record is very attractive nowadays to potential private and public sector employers.
Veteran preference used for years in landing civil service jobs, can also help in today's competitive job market giving an an edge over a saturated applicant pool available to picky employers. Who knows you might stay for 20

Whatever you do , best of luck in your decision, sounds like you're following your family history.
Very good advice and very well written.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:40 PM   #25
04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future04prerunner has a brilliant future

Army:
Name: kyle
04prerunner's Tacoma Gallery
thank you all for your replies. I still am trying to decide. I will be talking to a recruiter very soon here.

i am leaning toward becoming an army MP. but for some reason the decision is so hard for me because I have interest in both army and navy