Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Im just being prepared, not a fanatic.

Old 04-28-2010, 04:34 AM   #21
mpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud of

Air Force: Heavy Repair CE
Name: Mike and Denise
mpgnc64's Tacoma Gallery
Im trying to find a M6 but other than that Im getting some good ideas from you guys. Gas and propane seem to be the hardest stuff to stockpile space wise.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:53 AM   #22
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
The M6 is a great little rifle, I added a sling that holds more .410 shells and has another knife on it as well. I usually keep in the underseat stowage in my truck. If the ball should drop though, My10/22 will be primary along with my M14 and M12. Do any of you guys have an idea of where you'd go?
Old 04-28-2010, 05:32 AM   #23
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
We'll just all flee to Canada so they can experience the invasion from the south, just like we've been experiencing only different. If America fucks up, the rest of the world will come to our rescue won't they? As fuckin if!
Old 04-28-2010, 05:42 AM   #24
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
We'll just all flee to Canada so they can experience the invasion from the south, just like we've been experiencing only different. If America fucks up, the rest of the world will come to our rescue won't they? As fuckin if!
x2 Zombies dont like the cold.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:13 AM   #25
Trigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud of
Trigger's Tacoma Gallery
Haha. I love this thread. So it's safe to say that when the world ends. Or zombies attack. Everyone is gana get on Tacoma World and schedual a survival meet!
Old 04-28-2010, 09:37 AM   #26
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'll be hi jacking a cruise ship. All of TW is invited and we will head to some of those little islands in the pacific
Old 04-28-2010, 09:43 AM   #27

haha as long as they dont turn to sharp or fast!
Old 04-28-2010, 10:40 AM   #28
DOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud of

Army: Military Police
Name: Jordan
DOERanger's Tacoma Gallery
Anything happens I'm going south. Closer and better climate to survive in. Fuck that cold shit.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:40 AM   #29
DOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud ofDOERanger has much to be proud of

Army: Military Police
Name: Jordan
DOERanger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i dont have to worry about it because i know if shit happens im getting called into work
Never mind, what he said.^
Old 04-28-2010, 11:41 AM   #30
Motivator
YayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Police Caller
YayAreaTaco0311's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxi View Post
And what if you don't use Stabil?
If you don't use stabil, fuel could lose its effectiveness. Stabil only cost me $2.00 and you can get it from the automotive section at Wallyworld or Kragen, etc...

More on Stabil: http://www.goldeagle.com/brands/stabil/default.aspx

I see you have 10 5-gal fuel cans. JESUS! Make you you add Stabil in them!!

Paintball helmets come in handy too. Since I'm Reserve, I get to take home my 782 gear. Kevlar ftw!

If shit really hits the fan in the states, I'll be strapping my Glock 9mm.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:26 PM   #31
Trigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud of
Trigger's Tacoma Gallery
" Some people spend there life wondering if when shit hits the fan, will they be prepared. The United States Marines dont have that problem." OORAH -Tyler Sexton.

Not a Marine yet. Just motivated.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:24 PM   #32
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

My truck bug out stuff.

Heres what I keep in my small bug out box in my truck, its a Otter 3500box: some of the stuff is not pictured and noted with an asterisk, that stays in the truck. The book "Build your own survival kit" is a good starting point. I am leaving out the oil, water, spare air cables etc...
Fire kit:
3 wetfire tinders
1 butane lighter
british lifeboat matches w/ tinder-kwik bundels
1 large flint rod
1 fresnel lens
1 signal mirror

Signal kit:
1 jet scream whistle
1 large da-glo polymylar tarp 6x4
2 photon lights, 1 white, 1 red
*1 vari panel
*2 maratime flares
1 signal mirror

Navi kit
1 button compass
1 magnetic compass
1 emergency magnetic compass
*2 GPS (Garmin 76csx/Garmin eTrex vista)
8 spare AA batteries

Tools
1 Gerber multi tool (needle nose) (+1 in glovebox)
1 Emerson CQC-7 (+1 CRKT ResQ knife in glovebox)
1 sebertool M4
1 Wire saw
1 SS scraper
1 ceramic razor blade
1 3" zipsaw blade for wood
*1 gerber pax (small version)
*1 SOG SEAL Revolver knife (this thing is worth it)
4 spare razor blades
3 safety pins
*2 pr Good Workgloves (Marmot leathers and BlackHawk tactical)

Fishing/trapping kit
S/A M6 scout with 100rds .22, and 25 rds .410 #6 shot
9 hooks (3 small, 3 medium, 3 large)
75 ft of #12lb test mono
25 ft of kevlar line
3 wire leaders (can second as snares)
25 ft of plastic coated wire
25ft of heavy duty duct tape 2.5" wide

Shelter
1 8x12 polymylar tarp
*4 XL 3mil yard bags
*1 lightwieght rain hacket
* Warmies/extra socks gloves as seasons dictate

Water/food
10 micro pur MP1 tabs
* MSR Pocket rocket stove with 2 8oz ISO cans.
* 2 Nalgene bottles w/Ti alpine cups
* 1 MSR Miniworks filter w/ spare cartridge
2 powerbars in kit (+2 in glovebox)
8 ft heavy tinfoil

Medical kit- listed in individual sachets (I also carry a vehicle trauma kit)
4 Electrolyte tabs
1 blistex
1 alcohol pad
2 neosporin
1 advil tabs
1 immodium tabs
1 scalpel blade
2 moleskin 2"x#3"
medical tape 5'
3 sewing needles w/ 10' thread
2 band-aids
bug repellant
cera-lyte
6 aqua mira tabs
1 gauze 2"x4"

Misc
P38 can opener
10 ft wire
*1 NON lubricated condom
1 ALOKSAK waterproof bag
*4 Chem-lights (2 red, 2 blue)
*1 Surefire light
*2 PETZL Tikka headlamps
*50 ft Paracord
Attached Thumbnails
Im just being prepared, not a fanatic.-bob-001.jpg   Im just being prepared, not a fanatic.-bob-002.jpg  
Old 04-29-2010, 03:54 AM   #33
mpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud of

mpgnc64's Tacoma Gallery
I think I would try and stay here (foothills western NC) but will be ready to bug out if needed. We have a house in the county and one in town, both are easily defended but the house in town has a fireplace.

I wish there was an after market fuel tank to put where the spare tire is. I have been looking into the fuelbox tool box fuel tank combo but Im not sold on it yet.

We may be moving to Onslow county right next to Camp Lejeune so if the SHTF I can just to and have 20,000 crazy ass LeatherNecks protect my ass.

I pick up my new hand gun today and will send a few down the tube at the range!!!
Old 04-29-2010, 04:06 AM   #34

right on, what type of gun did you get?
Old 04-29-2010, 04:36 AM   #35

mpgnc64's Tacoma Gallery
xd 40 cal with a 4" barrel, I got it with the poop brown color LOL. My house in town is right next door to a gun shop with an indoor range. They are having a sale on 12ga Mossbergs, I may have to get one of those also, I hear they are good against zombies.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:00 AM   #36

You've gotta hand it to SA, they are killing in the market right now. I carry a Walther P99, I like it except for its Looong trigger slack in single action. Supressors for it and my AR are on the list after the truck is nearer completion.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:46 PM   #37

mpgnc64's Tacoma Gallery
I hear what your saying and I would protect myself and my family. The Marines I know and have worked with are upstanding guys. With that said I am only assuming that there would be some solidarity among brothers in arms.

I am preparing to be self sufficient but there is power in numbers.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:21 AM   #38

I traded my p99 for a S&W M&P9mm, much better platform! Any word on you moving toward the coast? the only advice I can offer for that area is to get good at fishing and foraging for shellfish. an buy an emergencey generator if you dont already have one. I remember Hurricane Isabel back in '03 and I had neighbors who were without power for 3-4 weeks. I was lucky and lived across from a hospital in Va. Beach and my power was out for about 9 hours.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:42 AM   #39
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing wrong with being prepared...for whatever...natural disaster...physical threat to my family or myself...and whatever else might get thrown at us. I am (without getting into the details) and wouldn't call it paranoid...I'd call waiting around to react without any forethought stupid/ignorant. Like someone stated here already...if you're not...you didn't learn much from being in...my opinion...FWIW
Old 04-25-2011, 11:17 AM   #40
TOOLMAKER is on a distinguished road
TOOLMAKER's Tacoma Gallery
Having grown up as a military brat in Germany during the cold war, I've had a go bags and MRE's (Ok, C-rations back then) with me most of my life. The P-38 on my key chain is over 40 years old. When I came back to the States in '78 to finish my last year of high school as I met new friends they found that I kept this "go bag" quite funny. With what's gone on in the world since I've known these people they're not laughing anymore and now they all keep them in their cars and trucks... As I explained to them, it might not be the Russians but if you break down in the middle of nowhere it might be nice to have something to eat, drink, a pair of dry socks, start a fire if need be or defend yourself. I hate to say it but I think 9/11 really opened their eyes.