Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Im just being prepared, not a fanatic.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:28 PM   #41
mrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrw3685 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Single Anchor Single-Seat Master Race
mrw3685's Tacoma Gallery
My survival kit is a 10.5" LMT AR-15, a backpack with 1000 rnds, and a brain full of knowledge.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:41 PM   #42
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i dont have to worry about it because i know if shit happens im getting called into work
x2...my wife and I work at the hospital so thats where we'll be
Old 04-26-2011, 05:58 AM   #43
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I've started "prepping" lately. Stocking up on water and searching the sales for canned goods.
My wife and I started a garden this year for the first time and we are going to learn to can what we have extras of.
Ive made a go bag for both of our cars and Im in the process of putting together b.o.b.'s for the house as well.

It's better to have it and not need it.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:28 AM   #44
Apricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shedApricotshot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Lcpl, 3/8 & 3rd FAST
Name: Henry
Apricotshot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
We (our familly) has a place that is stocked with food, fuel, water, and other supplies "Just in case". Im sure we would be good for half a year or more, if needed.
How far away is your place from where you actually live day to day?
Old 04-27-2011, 12:06 PM   #45
Molon Labe
CoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: now Paramedic/Firefighter
CoalMedic's Tacoma Gallery
There's lots of forums out there for this kind of thing. I've been over to whenshtf.com and once you get through the politically charged drivel, it's a pretty good site. LOADS of good info. I know there are more, but that's the one I've had experience with.

I vote we go to Chris4x4's house, wait it out, then move to Georgia for the long growing season. This could become a whole sub-forum on prepping.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:41 PM   #46
CTID
bitejr138 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbitejr138 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbitejr138 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbitejr138 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbitejr138 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbitejr138 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbitejr138 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbitejr138 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbitejr138 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbitejr138 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbitejr138 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: STG2 - USS Lake Erie CG70
Name: Kelly
bitejr138's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
x2...my wife and I work at the hospital so thats where we'll be
Same here...oh, and you're all invited to come hang out here in North Idaho or stop by to restock on your way to the Great White North. There is a reason why I love living up here...

I think many folks around these parts have watched "Red Dawn" a few times and it's a very well "prepared" area!
Old 04-27-2011, 12:48 PM   #47
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Zombies have no body heat, and will freeze solid in winter time. I will be safe in Canada
Old 04-27-2011, 12:57 PM   #48
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apricotshot View Post
How far away is your place from where you actually live day to day?
x2

i have read stuff about this and i want to do it when i move out. just in case cause you never know
Old 04-27-2011, 01:02 PM   #49
rmWise1 is on a distinguished road

Name: Roy
rmWise1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetik873 View Post
Heres what I keep in my small bug out box in my truck, its a Otter 3500box: some of the stuff is not pictured and noted with an asterisk, that stays in the truck. The book "Build your own survival kit" is a good starting point. I am leaving out the oil, water, spare air cables etc...
Fire kit:
3 wetfire tinders
1 butane lighter
british lifeboat matches w/ tinder-kwik bundels
1 large flint rod
1 fresnel lens
1 signal mirror

Signal kit:
1 jet scream whistle
1 large da-glo polymylar tarp 6x4
2 photon lights, 1 white, 1 red
*1 vari panel
*2 maratime flares
1 signal mirror

Navi kit
1 button compass
1 magnetic compass
1 emergency magnetic compass
*2 GPS (Garmin 76csx/Garmin eTrex vista)
8 spare AA batteries

Tools
1 Gerber multi tool (needle nose) (+1 in glovebox)
1 Emerson CQC-7 (+1 CRKT ResQ knife in glovebox)
1 sebertool M4
1 Wire saw
1 SS scraper
1 ceramic razor blade
1 3" zipsaw blade for wood
*1 gerber pax (small version)
*1 SOG SEAL Revolver knife (this thing is worth it)
4 spare razor blades
3 safety pins
*2 pr Good Workgloves (Marmot leathers and BlackHawk tactical)

Fishing/trapping kit
S/A M6 scout with 100rds .22, and 25 rds .410 #6 shot
9 hooks (3 small, 3 medium, 3 large)
75 ft of #12lb test mono
25 ft of kevlar line
3 wire leaders (can second as snares)
25 ft of plastic coated wire
25ft of heavy duty duct tape 2.5" wide

Shelter
1 8x12 polymylar tarp
*4 XL 3mil yard bags
*1 lightwieght rain hacket
* Warmies/extra socks gloves as seasons dictate

Water/food
10 micro pur MP1 tabs
* MSR Pocket rocket stove with 2 8oz ISO cans.
* 2 Nalgene bottles w/Ti alpine cups
* 1 MSR Miniworks filter w/ spare cartridge
2 powerbars in kit (+2 in glovebox)
8 ft heavy tinfoil

Medical kit- listed in individual sachets (I also carry a vehicle trauma kit)
4 Electrolyte tabs
1 blistex
1 alcohol pad
2 neosporin
1 advil tabs
1 immodium tabs
1 scalpel blade
2 moleskin 2"x#3"
medical tape 5'
3 sewing needles w/ 10' thread
2 band-aids
bug repellant
cera-lyte
6 aqua mira tabs
1 gauze 2"x4"

Misc
P38 can opener
10 ft wire
*1 NON lubricated condom
1 ALOKSAK waterproof bag
*4 Chem-lights (2 red, 2 blue)
*1 Surefire light
*2 PETZL Tikka headlamps
*50 ft Paracord
I live in Wichita, and now I know who I'm calling when SHTF!
Old 04-27-2011, 01:11 PM   #50
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
There are various degrees of SHTF. September 11, 2001 was a SHTF day. The stock market implosion of 2007 was a SHTF. You just need to be ready for many scenarios.

The one thing I don't foresee is a long term collapse of urban infrastructure. Shit will still be there it just may not work as often or as good as it used to...

I look to the Argentina economic collapse of 2001 as a model for what could happen here in the U.S.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:23 PM   #51
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
Zombies have no body heat, and will freeze solid in winter time. I will be safe in Canada
doesnt matter. zombies dont even need oxygen to survive...why do you think the cold would stop them?
Old 04-27-2011, 02:41 PM   #52
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
doesnt matter. zombies dont even need oxygen to survive...why do you think the cold would stop them?
Freeze the bodies solid.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:50 PM   #53
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i keep all my vehicles full of fuel. i have ammo up the yazoo, and all my hunting weapons.

sig226 that my wife shoots with surgical precision, and i have a glock21, that i am pretty good with. i have deer load, shotguns, archery stuff.

i keep all my camping gear in huge plastic bins and leave them in my garage..separate from my home. lanterns, WATER FILTERS, etc. i keep 4 propane tanks filled. well,i use one, and keep the 3 filled. i have food enough to last maybe 3 weeks. water in a nearby canal and stream.

i live in earthquake land. so i expect a good shaking. zombies not so much. (but looters)

i need better holsters for both pistols, and a quiet generator. my 600w wont do shit.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:02 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
Freeze the bodies solid.
true, if its cold enough. I'll leave that up to you canuks!

I want to get a rem 870 to add to my collection.

I'm in the process of stocking up on food supplies and water.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:12 AM   #55
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
My wife just thinks I'm nuts when I try and talk about being prepared and if it ever comes down to it, I guess I'll have to make the choice to stay and die with her or load up my shit and leave her behind if she still thinks she wants to hang around a zombie filled bad horror movie urban area bullshit scene. Fucked up choice...........or non-choice. I still stockpile on the lolo under the guise of "camping" supplies. dailybread dot com has some cool 3 week backpacks of food for 2 people that seem reasonably priced for what they are. Also did a free sample and the stuff was very good tasting.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:19 AM   #56
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
Just tell her, we prepare so we dont end up in te superdome.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:28 AM   #57
SPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
SPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Hope you don't mind if I jump on board with y'all.

I too have harbored the same mentality since a teenager; however, I got married, had kids and chased a career. Now that I'm settled, I find myself wishing I was more prepared for the proverbial zombie attack. My wife also supports this idea...at least till talk of dumping nearly $10k into making my 2010 Taco an expedition truck...there she draws the line...for now.
Nevertheless, we are now looking to buy a hand gun (have several rifles now), and deciding how to prepare further. Look forward to reading all of your input andhope you allow me to join the team.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:57 PM   #58
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome Rick,
Take a look at Survivalcache.com and survivalblog.com There is a ton of good information on both sites.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:25 PM   #59
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Going to reup on 3, 4 weeks of stuff, Only cuz its the bad time of year for us. I think thats all you need in the USA. Y.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:14 AM   #60
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.dailybread.com/