1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Im just being prepared, not a fanatic.

Discussion in 'Military' started by mpgnc64, Apr 24, 2010.

1. May 6, 2011 at 2:04 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    IF the SHTF, only us paranoids will be the ones living large! :D

"Zombie survival plans" are good ways to get actual survival plans together! It just sounds cooler...

Already grow a lot of my own food, and living on a coffee farm that also happens to be overrun with wild boar takes care of the sustainence situation.. (On top of the 3 cases of MRE's I have stored in the back. Being a JROTC Unit commander has its perks!) And have an unlimited supply of firewood cut, dried, and waiting

Already set up a water collection system. Living in the mountains of hawaii also has its ups in a zombie invasion!

Having a family friend that's a FFL dealer, I ended up with a nice stockpile of 5.56, 30.06, and .22s, and having a pediatrician father means a medical bug-out bag is always at the ready.

If anything happens, I'd be ready...

2. May 6, 2011 at 2:08 PM
    navysealboy93

navysealboy93 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Fort Lewis, WA
    Vehicle:
    Isuzu Trooper
    ARB front bumper, wagon wheels, 235/85 wranger's, OME 1.5 in. lift and Dakar springs.
  3. May 6, 2011 at 2:15 PM
    rob1

rob1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    Indigo Blue DblCab 4X4 Long Bed TRD Sport SR5
    Tail gate mod, locking gas cap, locking spare tire, rear spring tsb,Weathertech Digital fit's
    :eek:....WAIT A MINUTE, I thought we where all going to Chris's house. Why is everybody doing there own thing!! Stick to the plan man!!!:D

4. May 6, 2011 at 2:25 PM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    If you take pics of your preps and post them on the net with long explanations of what they are... you are NOT just being repared... you are, in fact, a fanatic.

5. May 6, 2011 at 2:30 PM
    SPORT

SPORT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    CA bred, currently living in York, PA
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4 V6
    3" level lift 1.25" Wheel Spacers
    Sorry folks, I lost track of this thread.

My mind has been preoccupied in turning my Taco into an expedition vehicle for SHTF scenarios. Does that make me a fanatic?

6. May 6, 2011 at 2:35 PM
    Dusther

Dusther Well-Known Member

Member:
    NW Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 FJc
    Guess I'm just old.. or maybe it is old school :) but on my body I always keep 2 carbon steel knives.. one fixed and one folding, and a flint and steel kit in my wallet. In my rig I keep enough stuff to make it easy to build shelter. Along with knowing all of the edible and none edible plants in the areas I normally frequent (swamp land) I would like to think that I wouldn't have an issue. But I do like to test it out and just take a weekend off and not load up anything extra with me and head to the woods just to keep tight on the skills that are required to be comfortable. Having items and knowing how to effectively use them sometimes make all the difference in the World.

7. May 6, 2011 at 2:38 PM
    KodiakVA

KodiakVA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Richmond Virginia
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 XCab Sport BarcelRed
    I prepare by doing cardio training.

If the Zombie Apocalypse comes I sure hope they are the old fashion slow Zombies. If they are the modern fast Zombies I'm screwed. :(

8. May 6, 2011 at 2:45 PM
    moto932

moto932 What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Off Road
    Basically stock. OME 882s, HD Dakars and nitrochrgers, TG front bumper, custom rear bumper, 4Xinnovations sliders, RAT skids, Softopper, 255/85/16 ST MAXX's on 16" steelies, 1" B.O.R.A. wheel spacers Scangaugae II, deck plate mod, grey wire mod,ECGS bushing, diff breather relocation, alarm mod, defrost w/o compressor mod, de-badged, sockmonkey beside decals.
  9. May 6, 2011 at 3:40 PM
    RCBS

RCBS How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    Be sure to get "Heirloom" seed varieties. Many of the newer engineered varieties' seeds will not germinate. Seedsavers.org has some excellent stock, some dating back more than a hundred years.

Might have missed it in everyone's lists, but a portable Citizens Band radio is a good item to have. They will still work when all other comms are down (barring EMP event). NOAA emergency weather channel should still be broadcasting (not the weather) after a SHTF event.

I'll most likely end up on top of the hill on rural family land if possible for a couple weeks, then the scavenging begins. Going to try my hand at food preservation this fall. Growing food all summer, only to have it spoil before next harvest dictates the need for canning knowledge and supplies.

10. May 6, 2011 at 3:47 PM
    HMFD110

HMFD110 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New York
    Vehicle:
    2011 Reg Cab 4X2
    Anybody have bug out bags or go bag. I got a camelback motherload and a LBV for some survival situations. What can I say I'm waiting for the zombies. :D

11. May 6, 2011 at 4:13 PM
    kinetik873

kinetik873 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Springfield, Va.
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD
    OME 3" lift, ARB bumper,DTRL, CB radio in console, 5lb fire extinguisher in bed. SockMonkey decals, Allpro rear bumper, UWS 42" bed box, Wet Okoles all around, snorkel, Pioneer Av3200, ..yadda yadda yadda
    guilty.

12. May 6, 2011 at 7:07 PM
    retiredjumper

retiredjumper Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 trd dc sb
    Eblerstock G4 is my choice, it's big but will carry all I need. Trying to live by the old adage "If you can't Jump it, Hump it, Eat it or Shoot it you don't need it!"

Airborne, All the Way!

13. May 6, 2011 at 7:37 PM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Lifted, Locked, Armored. Ready To Wheel.
    interesting info about adding stabil to gas.. I use it for winterizing my motorcycle but I've never heard that it will keep gas for up to a year. I've never thought of gerry cans of gas as "practical" to keep filled, but if I can just keep a couple full and use them before they are a year old, then it's worth it. Thanks.

does anyone know how long seeds last? after reading through this thread I'm thinking of all the things i'd like to have if I need them. If I could keep a good assortment of seeds for basic fruits and vegetables and have them still be usable a few years down the road I think that could be a HUGE advantage in a post-appocaliptical world

14. May 6, 2011 at 8:06 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    I have one for my truck, in the process of making one for my wifes h3, and making a larger bag/kit for the house.

I have a GI issued bag and a blackhawk Titan. the Titan is MASSIVE! haha

x2

Im waiting on my shipment of mylar bags and o2 absorbers, im about to start packaging rice, beans, and pasta.

15. May 7, 2011 at 12:49 AM
    mrw3685

mrw3685 Well-Known Member

Member:
    TX by way of KS
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner TRD
    Maxtrac Spindles, Bilstein 5100s all around, set at .85, Allpro Expedition Leaf Pack, Procomp 7036 17x9, w/Nitto Trail Grappler 285/70/17, Extended Steel Braided Brake Lines, Red-Line Hood lift, Relocated Trailer Connection, Trimmed Front Fender.
    I was reading recently in "It's the Apocolypse Weekly" that the best anti-zombie shotgun would have to be a FNH TPS. I took a giant sigh of relief when I realized I had one...but then realized how scared I was for the rest of the population that didn't. With my generosity and the good will of man in mind, I've decided to sell it. PM me if you're interested! <---Shameless plug to sell my home defense shotgun!

16. May 7, 2011 at 4:19 AM
    woody6047

woody6047 McGrubber

Member:
    First Name:
    Beau
    Austin/ Waco Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma 4x4 dc
    100%stock, except for the exhaust leak and custom windshield crack mod
    Whats the best way to stock food? Would it be dried foods? Im talking shelf life wise... I think MRE's are like 5 years or so.

17. May 7, 2011 at 4:51 AM
    BERTHDZ

BERTHDZ KF5TUQ

Member:
    First Name:
    Bert
    Pharr, TX - RGV
    Vehicle:
    02 v6 SR5 TRD Off Road
    3" Body Lift, Fabtech 6" Lift, XD Series 17x9" Revolver Rims, 35x12.50r17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
    wow you guys are serious about this! If anyone is interested I have about 30 of these http://www.midlandradio.com/Emergency-Cranks-Weather.R6H/ER102

I like the fact that it has a USB port to charge phones, flash light, AM/FM radio, and hand crank all built in. Read the specs for more info.

I'll do $30 each shipped using paypal or $100 for a factory sealed case of 4.

PM if interested

They are all brand new and NOT refurbished!

18. May 7, 2011 at 6:57 AM
    RCBS

RCBS How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    Once seeds are dry, they need to be in an airtight container (not a ziplock bag). vacuum sealed, glass jar, etc. have read some will keep for twenty plus years when stored air tight and put in freezer.

19. May 7, 2011 at 1:05 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
  20. May 7, 2011 at 1:26 PM
    bobby15

bobby15 Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    09 DC LB 4x4 magnetic grey tacoma
    Well when the zombie apocalypse happens I plan on barricading myself in bass pro shop, plenty of supplies there!

Products Discussed in

To Top