Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Air Force Allows Facebook, You Tube, Twitter on Gov. Computers

Old 04-28-2010, 12:23 PM   #1
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (2T2X1)Air Force Rigger
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
Air Force Allows Facebook, You Tube, Twitter on Gov. Computers

Thoughts!?!?!?

I don't see this last long or ending well.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:35 PM   #2
10silvertaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Brent
10silvertaco's Tacoma Gallery
I work at Hill AFB, UT. In the past after 9/11/01, we cannot use Youtube, Myspace and AOL AIM. Now we can use YouTube since last year. I never use Myspace and I believe facebook is about the same. They can use Facebook at home but I am not a member. I just want to be careful and keep my security clearance good.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:03 AM   #3
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (2T2X1)Air Force Rigger
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
i guess everyone else is busy with Farmville and Mobsters to pay attention here anymore
Old 04-29-2010, 11:58 AM   #4
Beware: I bite! ^_^
Kitty has much to be proud ofKitty has much to be proud ofKitty has much to be proud ofKitty has much to be proud ofKitty has much to be proud ofKitty has much to be proud ofKitty has much to be proud ofKitty has much to be proud ofKitty has much to be proud of

Name: Kelly
Kitty's Tacoma Gallery
I am on an army depot and we have mega blocks through our company (Lockheed Martin) but it allows us to get in Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, etc you just have to click an agreement that you are using a social networking site and you won't share confidential/classified/protected info.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:14 PM   #5
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Its a setup man. They want you to log on to facebook and share shit they way they can look into your personal life. I like that I can watch youtube vids on TW now. But I will for sure NOT be getting one FB.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:17 PM   #6
I think therefore I'm a Democrat
Richman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Richman21's Tacoma Gallery
I work on an Air Force Base and I cannot get to any of those. Hell, I can't even get on some legitimate local news sites. We are not even allowed to use thumbdrives or any kinds of removeable media. Any networked computer is access denied to those sites.

EDIT: I just saw a military news release saying that.. Interesting change of events here. We get everything blocked here at work.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:03 PM   #7
Experience_Life is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Staff Sergeant, Weapons Loader on B-1 & F-15
Experience_Life's Tacoma Gallery
I remember when I was deployed to Southeast Asia a few years back & a buddy of mine bypassed the proxy on the gov't computers, let everyone in the shop know how he did it then everyone used it to get on Facebook/Myspace. Ended up getting in trouble & found out that close to 200 people used his method
(including officers) when it was all said & done. Everyone got LOR's (officers got LOC's because if they got LOR's they couldn't go any higher than Major I believe) but I heard that they were destroyed when we left. Who knows?!

Oh yeah...& I was one of the people that got an LOR haha!!
Old 04-29-2010, 05:06 PM   #8
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09AFTacoma View Post
i guess everyone else is busy with Farmville and Mobsters to pay attention here anymore
No, some people just have to work...