Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

USAF Security Force

Old 06-24-2010, 12:16 PM   #21
08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Ben
08WhiteTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRrider450 View Post
oh i knew of the test but didn't know what it was called. and as far as getting into the SF, isn't it like almost impossible to get in? the physical and mental aspects i heard are pretty extreme
It is not that bad. If you are in pretty good shape you will have no problem. One good thing to do before going would be to workout as much as you can. Get into good shape before you go. Practice a lot on running and push-ups and sit-ups. Those are mostly what you do a lot of.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:17 PM   #22
PnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B Infantryman (Vet.)
Name: chris
PnoyBOS5's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet, I am probably over anxious or something but I have been waiting for my recruiter to call back for about 2 hours now haha!! another reason is my aunt said the AF quota was met in February !!
Old 06-24-2010, 12:20 PM   #23
ThizzMex has much to be proud ofThizzMex has much to be proud ofThizzMex has much to be proud ofThizzMex has much to be proud ofThizzMex has much to be proud ofThizzMex has much to be proud ofThizzMex has much to be proud ofThizzMex has much to be proud of

Navy: MA2 MSRON 4
Name: Rafael
ThizzMex's Tacoma Gallery
Go MA. I'm a Master at Arms in the Navy, basically MP. I've done it all with the Navy, domestics, DUIs, traffic accidents. We also stand a lot of gates, boring to do though. There's many things you can do as an MA, mobile security, riverines, harbor patrol, K9, executive protection, and many more. BTW, I'm in the Middle East right now and I see SF guys all the time, I can ask them questions for you if you want.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:24 PM   #24
PnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks but it is fine! I just need to practice for the asvab!
Old 06-24-2010, 06:39 PM   #25
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent475 View Post
Go into OSI.
You have to be an E-4 to go into OSI....the OP will have to wait awhile before doing so in the AF.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:35 AM   #26
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviestyles View Post
You have to be an E-4 to go into OSI....the OP will have to wait awhile before doing so in the AF.

You need to be an E-4 on 2nd enlistment in the Marines as well... And 21.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:10 AM   #27
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
OP, look into TACP

just throwing it out there...
Old 06-30-2010, 08:57 AM   #28

Will do , Thanks
Old 06-30-2010, 09:07 AM   #29
09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: security forces
09tacoLI's Tacoma Gallery
I had some of the best times in my life in the USAF SF field. BUT the transition to civilian police is not as easy as its sounds. Alot of police dept. don't count or care that you carried a gun and did some police work. The people that do most of the hiring for PD are liberal douche bags. It took a long time when I got out to get hired. I think its a great decision to serve your country and a great experience just be careful and dont get in trouble.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:56 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09tacoLI View Post
I had some of the best times in my life in the USAF SF field. BUT the transition to civilian police is not as easy as its sounds. Alot of police dept. don't count or care that you carried a gun and did some police work. The people that do most of the hiring for PD are liberal douche bags. It took a long time when I got out to get hired. I think its a great decision to serve your country and a great experience just be careful and dont get in trouble.

Will do sir! It will be an experience!
Old 07-06-2010, 08:23 AM   #31
Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired
cakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police
cakmakli's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97PinoyTacoma View Post
Thank you, Also I am in close quarters with the brass of my local police department, I am a Police Explorer and many of them know my name just because i have volunteered my time in the department.

For some reason standing in front of gates sounds really appealing to me for some reason! Thank you for your input and I am sure this will be a great experience in itself!
LOL, yeah it is for about the first 15 mins. Just hope you get a busy gate, if not....

Try this. Sit in the bathroom with another person for 12 hours with nothing to read or do. If you can do this 4 days in a row then you are perfect for Physical Security.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:34 AM   #32
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRrider450 View Post
Hey whats the asvab?

Don't tell me you want to join the military and haven't the slightest clue how to do it....

OK. I bet you did tell me.

The ASVAB is kind of like the SAT for the military. Basically a test that says "hey, I'm good at X, not so good at Y or Z." So the military takes your results and says, "Gee, folks with high scores in X do well as..." well, pick a job. So if you score real high in math or science, I doubt you'll be straight infantry. Maybe intel, or artillary or something. If you're totally into cars and do well on the mechanical part, they try and steer you to vehicle repair/recovery. Get it?

If you score high in general, you get your pick of jobs. There could be some jobs that are full, so you won't get those. Anyway, when you meet a recruiter (you have met one, right?) talk about that. Make sure your job is listed, or else you're at the mercy of the detailer (that's the guy at a desk somewhere that makes decisions on your job choice). If you score really low, the military may say you're too dumb for them...

And don't expect to get placed at a station you want. I mean, everyone wants Hawaii, right?
Old 07-06-2010, 09:44 AM   #33
C17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 1A2 701 AS Charleston AFB, SC
Name: Dennis
C17Guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post

Don't tell me you want to join the military and haven't the slightest clue how to do it....

OK. I bet you did tell me.

The ASVAB is kind of like the SAT for the military. Basically a test that says "hey, I'm good at X, not so good at Y or Z." So the military takes your results and says, "Gee, folks with high scores in X do well as..." well, pick a job. So if you score real high in math or science, I doubt you'll be straight infantry. Maybe intel, or artillary or something. If you're totally into cars and do well on the mechanical part, they try and steer you to vehicle repair/recovery. Get it?

If you score high in general, you get your pick of jobs. There could be some jobs that are full, so you won't get those. Anyway, when you meet a recruiter (you have met one, right?) talk about that. Make sure your job is listed, or else you're at the mercy of the detailer (that's the guy at a desk somewhere that makes decisions on your job choice). If you score really low, the military may say you're too dumb for them...

And don't expect to get placed at a station you want. I mean, everyone wants Hawaii, right?

lol, don't worry about the asvab is you want a security forces job! i believe its the lowest scoring job...

i always thought it was funny how the SF guy (god bless 'em, we need 'em) were always the ones showing up in all the arrests report! Usually dumb ass kids drinking underage or dwi.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:47 AM   #34
cakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Hell no, Germany.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:56 AM   #35
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakmakli View Post
Hell no, Germany.
Whatever. Like you would have cried if they sent you to Honolulu.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:56 AM   #36
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
Listen to Steve, he's a First Shirt and they don't get there by driving the base bus off base while drunk and rearending a civilian car in Sardinia Italy and then make us all get out of the bus, empty our pockets to pay off the aforementioned civilian and then lift the car out of the road so we could continue on to the beach......Just saying.

I had a great 4 years, should of stayed. Went to Holland (Netherlands) right out of Tech School. Owned the Wing Kings jet and got to fly a day or so ahead of him everytime he went somewhere to "show-off".

Keep your head on staright, your nose in the books but squeeze in some fun time and you'll do well.

Good luck
Old 07-06-2010, 11:07 AM   #37

Quote:
Whatever. Like you would have cried if they sent you to Honolulu.
Nope. I was assigned to HI with detached duty to Guam. I didn't care much for HI but I loved Guam. HI to me was too crowed, too touristic. Guam was much more laid back and the people more friendlier. Plus every weekend there was a fiesta somewhere and the food was outstanding - Kelaguen, Finadene, Tuba, etc.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:10 AM   #38
ThizzMex has much to be proud ofThizzMex has much to be proud ofThizzMex has much to be proud ofThizzMex has much to be proud ofThizzMex has much to be proud ofThizzMex has much to be proud ofThizzMex has much to be proud ofThizzMex has much to be proud of

Navy: MA2 MSRON 4
Name: Rafael
ThizzMex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by C17Guy View Post
lol, don't worry about the asvab is you want a security forces job! i believe its the lowest scoring job...

i always thought it was funny how the SF guy (god bless 'em, we need 'em) were always the ones showing up in all the arrests report! Usually dumb ass kids drinking underage or dwi.
Dude it's the same thing with Navy MAs.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:18 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by C17Guy View Post

I guess the Army was different, at least when I was in. We usually kept MP's out of the blotter unless it was something very serious.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:19 AM   #40
REALLY!!
mrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: F-22 Crew Chief
Name: Brent
mrp192's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
I was an AMMO troop
lameo!

sorry im a crewchief