Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

USAF Security Force

Old 07-06-2010, 11:32 AM   #41
Hermit is on a distinguished road
Hermit's Tacoma Gallery
Best of luck. My nephew (f-16 crewchief after 7 years) has a good attitude, and has had a great time. Lots of opportunity to enjoy life and see the world. Make the best of it.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:09 AM   #42
Ecapskcab is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Security Forces
Ecapskcab's Tacoma Gallery
I've been browsing these forums for weeks now and decided to join to hopefully steer you in the right direction. I am SF stationed in WY and 100% recommend that you do not choose SF as your AFSC. I have been in for a little over three years here and have yet to get deployed or do anything with myself except see antelope roam the base. If you have any questions please PM me. I am in no way wishing to bringing discredit upon the AF as I genuinely love everything that goes with the military.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:20 AM   #43
Hunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 1LT, Infantry (11A)
Name: Hunter
Hunter.V.White's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRrider450 View Post
oh i knew of the test but didn't know what it was called. and as far as getting into the SF, isn't it like almost impossible to get in? the physical and mental aspects i heard are pretty extreme
I think you are thinking about the U.S. Army Special Forces, which is also commonly truncated to "SF". While not impossible to get into (I believe there is a ~40% pass rate through the Q-Course), it is very extreme
Old 07-07-2010, 08:44 AM   #44
Dedicated Crew Chief
AKTacoma has a spectacular aura aboutAKTacoma has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chris
AKTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrp192 View Post
lameo!

sorry im a crewchief
damn skippy dude! ah the life of an AK crew chief
Old 07-07-2010, 09:10 AM   #45
Gefallenprinz is on a distinguished road
Air Force: 3E751 Firefighter
Name: Tony
Gefallenprinz's Tacoma Gallery
Go 3E7X1 Fire Protection. The skills you learn all transfer over into the civilian world, be it city firefighter, or airport firefighter, or medic.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:04 PM   #46
Dedicated Crew Chief
AKTacoma has a spectacular aura aboutAKTacoma has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chris
AKTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Very true dude, I think that's one of the most envied career fields in the AF
Old 07-09-2010, 08:50 AM   #47
Patrick is on a distinguished road
Patrick's Tacoma Gallery
If you wanna go maitenance. Were backshop but also on the plane alot. Go Aircraft Metals Tech 2A751 your a machinest and welder.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:59 AM   #48
Ry4nVan has a brilliant futureRy4nVan has a brilliant futureRy4nVan has a brilliant futureRy4nVan has a brilliant futureRy4nVan has a brilliant futureRy4nVan has a brilliant futureRy4nVan has a brilliant futureRy4nVan has a brilliant futureRy4nVan has a brilliant futureRy4nVan has a brilliant futureRy4nVan has a brilliant future
Air Force:
Name: Ryan
Ry4nVan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
If you wanna go maitenance. Were backshop but also on the plane alot. Go Aircraft Metals Tech 2A751 your a machinest and welder.
Hey M/T! I'm ASM :P

All good advice so far to joining the USAF. My advice... go SF. Get your free degree and enjoy the heck out of it. The AF is the best service for quality of life. Have fun and good luck!
Old 07-09-2010, 12:56 PM   #49
PnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B Infantryman (Vet.)
Name: chris
PnoyBOS5's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you! I am upset at the recruiter .. I called monday to talk to him.. no call back
Old 07-09-2010, 01:07 PM   #50
MiZtAhFoOLiSh has much to be proud ofMiZtAhFoOLiSh has much to be proud ofMiZtAhFoOLiSh has much to be proud ofMiZtAhFoOLiSh has much to be proud ofMiZtAhFoOLiSh has much to be proud ofMiZtAhFoOLiSh has much to be proud ofMiZtAhFoOLiSh has much to be proud ofMiZtAhFoOLiSh has much to be proud ofMiZtAhFoOLiSh has much to be proud of

Air Force: Technical Sergeant, Wing Information Assurance Manager
Name: DJ
MiZtAhFoOLiSh's Tacoma Gallery
Whichever field you decide to be in, hats off to you for your desire to serve. I'm the Communications & Computer Networks field myself but I started of as a Logistics/Supply troop.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:22 PM   #51
Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired
cakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police
cakmakli's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97PinoyTacoma View Post
Thank you! I am upset at the recruiter .. I called monday to talk to him.. no call back
The Air Force has always had walk in recruiting stations. They really don't need to recruit. If you don't join there will be 10 others to take your place. Believe me, they are not going to beg you to join. Now it is even more true with the draw down.

Even the Army will hit its cap early this year like it did last year. They have cut down on waivers to get in and have cut the MOS's that get bonuses.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:39 PM   #52
PnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Going in on monday Most definately! Thanks!
Old 07-10-2010, 07:32 AM   #53
Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired
cakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police
cakmakli's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97PinoyTacoma View Post
Going in on monday Most definately! Thanks!
Stay with it and you'll get in. I don't think you will regret it.

Good Luck.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:48 AM   #54
02YotaGuy has a spectacular aura about02YotaGuy has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: Current Active Duty, Intel
Name: Matthew
02YotaGuy's Tacoma Gallery
If you want a good job that you will be able to make a decent living with after you get done with the Air Force I'd strongly suggest Intel, we have HUGE reenlistment bonuses (mine should be 90k in a few years) and it's a high demand job. If you can get into it I'd say do it... My friends that were intel in the Air Force are making 70k+ doing the same thing as civilians... Everyone I know that cross trained from Maintenence to Intel say that it's much better. I know you go in Monday... but most of the people I've talked to in SF want to get out of it...
Old 07-10-2010, 02:10 PM   #55

Thanks for replies, cakmakli Yeah thats what i always belived, if you want it youll get it!
Old 07-10-2010, 02:42 PM   #56
SantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: EAS
Name: Logan
SantaCruz'n's Tacoma Gallery
Dude,
You do NOT want to do security forces. I did something similar in the Marines. 02yotaguy has it right. Go intel and get your TS clearance and it will open doors you never expected. Security force dudes think there high speed. There a glorified mall cop.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:53 PM   #57
Ecapskcab is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Security Forces
Ecapskcab's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't say i'm a glorified mall cop but I would recommend you do not join with the desire to do SF. Simply put you will hate it. I would hate to say I told you so 8 months down the road. . . Oh yeah, do Intel. It's a sweet job.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:46 PM   #58
SantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shedSantaCruz'n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sorry, that was a little harsh.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:51 PM   #59
C17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 1A2 701 AS Charleston AFB, SC
Name: Dennis
C17Guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaCruz'n View Post
Sorry, that was a little harsh.

i don't think so, only difference is, they carry a gun!

naw, they do serve a purpose, but i just feel bad for those that do the job. I guess the Ravens get to have a little fun, but in the end, they're stuck guarding an airplane while I'm downtown gettin drunk!

on charleston at least, they look to pull people over for ANYTHING! i guess they get so bored, its not a big base at all... i have a friend and even on our tiny base they have quotas that need to be met. i've been pulled over for not stopping for a minimum of 3 seconds at a stop sign, for real??? i was at a complete stop for atleast 1.5 and there wasn't a car in sight! ha ha!

and everyone here is right, go intel man. think about your future. intel will open up tons of doors with huge payouts for that ts clearance!
Old 07-11-2010, 12:11 AM   #60

If I was truly going to join the AF, I would go Combat Controller. Hands down.