1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

USAF Security Force

Discussion in 'Military' started by PnoyBOS5, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Jul 11, 2010 at 1:06 AM
    rhodehard09

rhodehard09 sometimes nonsense is the only sense someone has

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    tampa, fl
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 doublecab
    3" lift, allpro u-bolt flip kit,285/75/16 km2s, hella hid lights, hid conversions for headlights and foglights, led everything, debadged, 9145 reverse light bulbs, black tail lights, black headlight mod,trail-gear rock sliders, dynomax ultra flo muffler,satoshi with custom woven stainless grill,hella 100watt floods in grill, pioneer 4100 in dash dvd player, pioneer 800watt 4 channel amp, pioneer 4way 6x9s, pioneer 4 way 6.5s, 2 rockford p3 10's,rockford power 500.1 mono amp w/bass knob, 7 pin relocated, highlift and mount in bed, diff breather mod, led bed lights, secondary air filter removed,t-rex eyelids, mefab bumper bar, muddy under carriage
    PJ for life!!!!!!!!

2. Jul 11, 2010 at 8:55 AM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    now we're talking boys. 2 amazing career fields. AFSOC is an entirely diff animal from the reg AF

i was in the PJ pipeline and long story short a should injury eliminated me from training at combat dive. still pisses me off to this day that i didnt get my beret.

but i'm using my GI Bill and i'm going back once i'm done w/ school. i dont know which branch though...

3. Jul 11, 2010 at 9:00 AM
    TacoIII

TacoIII Mr. Boombastic

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Albuqerque
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4 off road package
    3" OME 886 coils, ARB bumper warn M8000, Lightforce 240's and 255/85 16 KM2, Redline hood struts,arb twin air compressor, 4.88's, Tepui kukenam, Pelfreybilt bed rack and rear high clearance with swing out, and custom offroad bodywork
    hey man i am USAF SF. its an ok job lots of bs tho but thats the military for ya:D lol but if you want to go law enforcement it is a help to your future because we get alot of credits towards a criminal justice degree. just for basic and tech we et 21 credits. if you come in do not go PRP!!!

4. Jul 11, 2010 at 9:03 AM
    TacoIII

TacoIII Mr. Boombastic

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Albuqerque
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4 off road package
    3" OME 886 coils, ARB bumper warn M8000, Lightforce 240's and 255/85 16 KM2, Redline hood struts,arb twin air compressor, 4.88's, Tepui kukenam, Pelfreybilt bed rack and rear high clearance with swing out, and custom offroad bodywork
    that was harsh :pout: but true lol

5. Jul 13, 2010 at 12:14 PM
    PnoyBOS5

PnoyBOS5 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 PRERUNNER
    Maxtrac 4'' Spindes -Bilsteins 5100 @ 1.75" - All Pro Expo Leaf Pack - Extended Rear Shocks - PC 5001 wheels - 285/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs - Debadged -Red emblem - AFE Pro Dry-S Filter
    Just an update, I am not sure if every recruiting office is like this but i took the sample asvab and I scored 35 recruiter wanted a 50 this was about 3-4 weeks ago, I called him today and he said he will just let me take the real asvab test!!

Wish me luck!
    Lord is helping me on this journey as well!

6. Jul 13, 2010 at 12:29 PM
    kinetik873

kinetik873 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Springfield, Va.
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD
    OME 3" lift, ARB bumper,DTRL, CB radio in console, 5lb fire extinguisher in bed. SockMonkey decals, Allpro rear bumper, UWS 42" bed box, Wet Okoles all around, snorkel, Pioneer Av3200, ..yadda yadda yadda
    X2 on the AFSOC route (PJ/CCT), I've worked with a lot of AF guys and the SOF people are some of the best around. Another route you may want to look at is going Criminal investigative services, or whatever the AF calls it. Security forces are all the same, no matter what branch. Yes you'll get CJ credits, but deoending on where you go, you may lose a lot of them in transfering to a school afterwards. (I was a Gunners Mate in the navy with 65 hours in CJ and lost all but 18) Study hard for the ASVAB, the higher the better. Also, look at getting a second or third language.
    Cheers.

7. Jul 13, 2010 at 12:43 PM
    PnoyBOS5

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 PRERUNNER
    Maxtrac 4'' Spindes -Bilsteins 5100 @ 1.75" - All Pro Expo Leaf Pack - Extended Rear Shocks - PC 5001 wheels - 285/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs - Debadged -Red emblem - AFE Pro Dry-S Filter
    Thanks I have a second language, but it is not that widely known, Filipino Bisaya

8. Jul 13, 2010 at 12:50 PM
    Patrick

Patrick Well-Known Member

Member:
    When I PCS, I was augmented out to be sf airman. I sat at the tail of a kc 135 counting rivets, guarding the alert bird. Its where all the new cops went to do there CDC's. Have fun with that. I did it for three months hated everyday. Yeah if your not guarding a plane somewhere your sitting in a truck driving around making sure doors are locked. That sucked too. You can join any branch and be a cop. If you have your heart set on the air force make it worth it and do a job where you interact with the plane, just not stare at them. Theres no room to be an individual in sf cause your surrounded by idiots, so you get pooled in with the rest. You say you wanna be a cop when you get out, your air force carrer will help ethier way with any carrer. I suggest pick a normal job, get your college done then get out and become a cop. As SF between your 12-14 hour workday and days off where you go in for training, I guarantee you will get no school as an airman, most have to wait till there ncos'. Have fun with whatever job I strongly suggest not being a cop.

9. Jul 17, 2010 at 1:36 AM
    Ecapskcab

Ecapskcab Active Member

Member:
    Cheyenne, WY
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport
    TRD Exhaust, Tail Gate Mod, TSB- Leaf pack, Weathertech floor mats, Afe Stage II Cai

The minimal for the AF I believe is 32 and that guarantees SF. Like I said before you do not want to go SF. Every other career field will be much more rewarding than security forces. You may or may not hate life about a year in the SF career field.

10. Jul 17, 2010 at 8:51 AM
    PnoyBOS5

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 PRERUNNER
    Thanks for your reply, I will consider looking else where as well!

11. Jul 17, 2010 at 9:23 AM
    cakmakli

cakmakli Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired

Member:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    Consider the advice but do what you really want to do. If you don't then later on you might wished you had at least gave it a go. If you pick a MOS because of someone else and you don't like it you will hate it even more. At least if you go with what you want you can only blame yourself.

My first MOS (Signal) I didn't care for, so after 4 years I reenlisted for Military Police. I really enjoyed it and would do it again and as far as I'm concerned it is the best MOS in the Army, but that's just me. You might be different.

Let us know what you end up picking. You seem like a good kid so I wish you luck.

12. Jul 17, 2010 at 1:27 PM
    PnoyBOS5

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 PRERUNNER
    Great advice sir thanks, For sure I will do SF in the USAF , i've checked other MOS but SF sounds like it suits me the most! Recruiter seems to be ignoring me or doesn't want to talk to me or is waiting until next month since he has already met his quota for this month? he said he is waiting on my HS Transcript

anyway, How is being an Army MP like?

I also looked into Navy Master of arms... thats second on my list! Navy recruiter called and advised me of it. I am very interested in it as well.

13. Jul 18, 2010 at 6:16 AM
    cakmakli

cakmakli Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired

Member:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    PM sent

14. Aug 1, 2010 at 6:46 PM
    wlmuncy

wlmuncy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2007 Double Cab Manual 4*4
    How did your test go?

15. Aug 2, 2010 at 12:31 AM
    PnoyBOS5

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 PRERUNNER
    Thanks for asking, I didn't retest I moved on, I called the recruiter and he said he is just waiting on a high school transcript etc.. That was 3 weeks ago.

I been talking to Cakmakli thru PM alot, And through him and 2 of my close family members in the Army Infantry, Have led to me to that direction.

I went into the recruiting offices of the US Army and I took the sample asvab there (I Have been studying with the ASVAB for dummies book) and scored a 45, required is 31. Since that day which was about Last Tuesday they have been in contact with me nearly daily. With all recruiters from all branches they got quotas, I told them I am interested in 31BRAVO (Military Police). That is a popular MOS, they said and it wont be open for this year, However they can call ROCK and try getting me that spot. But they were trying to lean me into other MOS'S which they said ''Police Departments'' will look at. I understand that but I think they are just trying to get me in. Not a problem though. ------ Best advice I got was from CakMakli ''This is 4 years of your life not theirs.'' So I will take it a step at a time. I will wait for 31BRAVO!!!

Anyways,

This coming Wednesday - Thursday, I am sent up to MEPS, For my ASVAB and Physical. Please pray for me I hope I Don't sound selfish! But I pray they will have 31BRAVO OPEN!!!!! Also, Just to reclarify , When I go up to MEPS I dont have to take the jobs offered CORRECT?!

I thank you all for checking up on me thanks for caring.

LASTLY If 31BRAVO Is not open, Who is in Infantry and can give me some insight! All Branches.

THANKS!

16. Aug 2, 2010 at 7:00 AM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    you dont have to take a damn thing if you dont want it

joining the military is great, but do it on your terms on theirs. dont let them try to force you into a MOS. to them your just another number... like said: it's your life, not theirs

if they dont have a job that you want... wait for it. it'll come available eventually

good luck

17. Aug 2, 2010 at 9:20 AM
    PnoyBOS5

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 PRERUNNER
    Thanks Matt!

18. Aug 2, 2010 at 2:47 PM
    PnoyBOS5

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 PRERUNNER
    Update, Just got back from the US Army Recruiting offices. I go in we look at the site that shows jobs open right now. On the computer you can ''reserve'' a spot for a job etc etc.

He tells me that he doesn't want to send me to MEPS and not take a job when I am up there because He doesn't want to waste my time.. Yeah right... Because he just needs to fill it quota. Anyways, He will still search for 31BRAVO.

However ----

This sounds okay to me, For now I have reserved a spot into 19D (Calvary Scout). Now this is my personal thought, If MEPS Doesn't have 31BRAVO, I think I might go with 19D.
    Only because he said that the Commitment to that MOS Is more or less than a year then I can cross-train to 31BRAVO.. Can someone confirm this for me? Thanks.

Appreciate it, and if I meet all MEPS Requirements I leave 20110128 :) !!

19. Aug 2, 2010 at 3:36 PM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    XM, Panasonic Stereo, Headlights,Electric Ant,Toyota Deluxe Wheels, Rhino Lining, Cargo Rails
    It sounds like you have your mind made up...I would suggest you get as close to the dog handler section as you can. Opens up a whole lot more possibilities for you. Bomb dog, drug detection, and a shit load of dog opportunities that are out there. It's something to give you to turn to....good luck and congrats on having the maturity on wanting to server your country....

20. Aug 2, 2010 at 3:55 PM
    upflying

upflying Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Antioch
    You still have to attend a California POST academy for 6 mo after leaving the AF. You will get credit during the hiring process for military background but not much else.
    BTW, police jobs in Ca are scarce. Many departments quit hiring and are laying off due to the poor economy, bankrupt state finances, lack of taxes and recession. Many folks go through academies on their own dime and expect to be hired after graduation. Isn't happening now. Job applicant pool is filled with cop academy grads/laterals and no one is hiring. Most officer applicants have minimum AA degrees, common to have BA degree applicants. Knowing Spanish is a big plus too.
    My advice: Spend the next four years in college, apply to a PD when you are 22.

Products Discussed in

To Top