Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

USAF Security Force

Old 06-24-2010, 11:03 AM   #1
PnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B Infantryman (Vet.)
Name: chris
PnoyBOS5's Tacoma Gallery
USAF Security Force

Hey all,

I hope i did the right thing to set the stage for my career that I wish to have.
I am currently 17, 18 in 2 months. I have decided I should go into the USAF SF. Reason being is i would like to become a Police Officer and I believe going this route will help me in doing so.

I could have went to college academy but would of finished the academy by 19, and hiring age is 21. So i would just be waiting on my age, rather i decided to join the USAF SF and get the experience while at it!

So to all, is this a good milestone to start from?
Old 06-24-2010, 11:21 AM   #2
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm not too sure.....In my 16 year career, I've had many SF friends who had the same idea in mind, but once they seperated, they found that their SF background didn't necessarily translate into a smooth move into the civilian police force. You're competing with all the infantry folks from the Army and Marines who have the same aspirations. Second, acorss the country a lot of police forces aren't taking a lot of folks in. Again this could all change in the next 5 years so please don't let my words discourage you. I can tell you this, just becasue you're going into SF, doesn't necessarily mean you'll be doing law enforcement. You might be working the Gate as a gate guard, or guard mount for a post like on the flightline or missle silo. Either way I think if you stay true to your aspirations, you'll do be able to do what it is you want to do.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:26 AM   #3
PnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thank you, Also I am in close quarters with the brass of my local police department, I am a Police Explorer and many of them know my name just because i have volunteered my time in the department.

For some reason standing in front of gates sounds really appealing to me for some reason! Thank you for your input and I am sure this will be a great experience in itself!
Old 06-24-2010, 11:35 AM   #4
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97PinoyTacoma View Post
Thank you, Also I am in close quarters with the brass of my local police department, I am a Police Explorer and many of them know my name just because i have volunteered my time in the department.

For some reason standing in front of gates sounds really appealing to me for some reason! Thank you for your input and I am sure this will be a great experience in itself!
We need good people standing at the gates as they are responsible for the security of thousands of people and millions of dollars of military equipment. It's a bonus that you are in good with the local police brass and a member of police explorers. My father in law and brother were police officers and both of them say being ex military does help. Just make sure when you enlist, that your recruiter signs you up with a guaranteed enlistment for Security Forces. SF is one of the jobs the AF will always be looking for people. Be prepared to deploy a lot once you come on board. Looking forward to having you be part of the Blue.....
Old 06-24-2010, 11:39 AM   #5

Thank you for your input!
Old 06-24-2010, 11:43 AM   #7

I am not familiar with the acronym what does that mean?
Old 06-24-2010, 11:46 AM   #8
Big R is on a distinguished road
Name: James Gibbs (randy)
Big R's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Big R
My son is a mp

My son is in the Navy as a master of arm's..Its a great job.
If the AF is the same good pick..Full benny's He has bought a house and Trucks. He is 22 .He was 18 when he joined.
RG

Quote:
Hey all,

I hope i did the right thing to set the stage for my career that I wish to have.
I am currently 17, 18 in 2 months. I have decided I should go into the USAF SF. Reason being is i would like to become a Police Officer and I believe going this route will help me in doing so.

I could have went to college academy but would of finished the academy by 19, and hiring age is 21. So i would just be waiting on my age, rather i decided to join the USAF SF and get the experience while at it!

So to all, is this a good milestone to start from?
Old 06-24-2010, 11:48 AM   #10
WRrider450 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
WRrider450's Tacoma Gallery
to the OP- hey dude are you in the SF for sure? Or do you just want to be? I really want to be in the Air Force SF as well.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:50 AM   #11

If you're talking to me I am waiting on my recruiter to call me back, then will meet with him , then take the asvab I pray I do well
Old 06-24-2010, 11:54 AM   #12
Quote:
If you're talking to me I am waiting on my recruiter to call me back, then will meet with him , then take the asvab I pray I do well
Hey whats the asvab?
Old 06-24-2010, 11:55 AM   #14
rentbw is a splendid one to beholdrentbw is a splendid one to beholdrentbw is a splendid one to beholdrentbw is a splendid one to beholdrentbw is a splendid one to beholdrentbw is a splendid one to beholdrentbw is a splendid one to behold

Army: 13B
Name: Brent
rentbw's Tacoma Gallery
During your contract with the airforce work on getting a associates degree it doesnt have to be criminal justice there are a variety of degrees that they look at as impressive. Im artillary(infantry trained) from the army and you stand out with a degree over the rest of the military trying to move to the police forces. I've heard from a lot of people(cop friends in chicago) dont know how creditable it is that Security Forces and Military Police are actually looked down upon transitioning over because they are used to the ways they do things, and its alittle different in the civilian world.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:58 AM   #15

RentBw, Going back to getting an associates degree, doesnt each state have a different requirement for what is a AA ? that was on of my questions but it ran outta my mind, thanks for the reminder.

Lets say stationed out of CA in a different AFB , Will CA accept my AA that i got in the AF?

Sorry sounds confusing.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:59 AM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent475 View Post
Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery
sorry but what does that mean?
Old 06-24-2010, 11:59 AM   #17
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Good luck. there are always openings for SF and you can go to pretty much any AF base around the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRrider450 View Post
Hey whats the asvab?
its the test you take to determin how smart you are and at what set of skills it has several parts to it, mechanical, electrical, math, reading, etc..
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...AAAqgQFT9AE4Tc
THe better you score the more jobs you have to chose from.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:01 PM   #18

Here is the practice test, I saw it on another thread

https://secure.military.com/Recruiti...ractice%20test
Old 06-24-2010, 12:04 PM   #19
oh i knew of the test but didn't know what it was called. and as far as getting into the SF, isn't it like almost impossible to get in? the physical and mental aspects i heard are pretty extreme
Old 06-24-2010, 12:14 PM   #20
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
you go through normal basic training I think but then you will go to your "tech school" where you learn your job. thats where the real training comes into play. I wansnt in SF but I was an AMMO troop and worked with SF off and on. The bases I was at the SF people always rotated jobs. one day they would work the gate, the next they would be on the flight line or cruising the base...Im not sure how often they rotate but I think they keep you doing something different