1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Courage, respect and honor.

Discussion in 'Military' started by squad314, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Oct 19, 2010 at 12:48 PM
    squad314

squad314 [OP] Thinks he's Steve McQueen

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Into the mystic....(foggy Saint John, NB)
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    "Hello Kitty" steering wheel cover.
    Just caught this on another forum I belong to. I'm amazed at the bravery and selfless acts shown over and over and over and we hear so little about them.......I guess the mainstream media is too concerned about Lindsay Lohan's legal troubles and who got eliminated on "Dancing with the stars".

I know the term "Hero" gets thrown around pretty loosely these days but if it doesn't apply here I don't know what does. In an age where Rap singers and morally corupt athletes are common role models, this is an example of the kind of people that truly make this world go around.

It's often said "Thank you for your service". To the members here who have served or currently are....... know that we really mean it.

"MIKE MONSOOR"

April 5th, 1981 ~ September 29th, 2009

Mike Monsoor,was Awarded "The Congressional Medal Of Honor" last week,For Giving His Life In Iraq , after he Jumped On, And Covered With His Body, A Live Hand Grenade,Saving The Lives Of A Large Group Of Navy Seals That Was Passing By!

~

During Mike Monsoor's Funeral, At Ft . Rosecrans National Cemetery in San Diego , California
    the Six Pallbearers Removed The Rosewood Casket From the Hearse,
    and Lined Up On Each Side Of Mike Monsoor's Casket with His Family Members, Friends, Fellow Sailors, And Well-wishers .
    The Column Of People Continued From The Hearse, All The Way To The Grave Site .
    What The Group Didn't Know At The Time Was,
    Every Navy Seal(45 To Be Exact) that Mike Monsoor Saved That Day Was Scattered Through-Out The Column!

~
    As The Pallbearers Carried The Rosewood Casket
    Down The Column Of People To The Grave Side .
    The Column Would Collapse . .
    Which Formed A Group Of People That Followed Behind .

~
    Every Time The Rosewood Casket Passed A Navy Seal,
    He Would Remove His Gold Trident Pin From His Uniform,
    And Slap It Down Hard,
    Causing The Gold Trident Pin To Embed Itself
    Into The Top Of The Wooden Casket!
    Then The Navy Seal Would Step Back From The Column, And Salute!

~

Now For Those,Who Don't Know What A Trident Pin Is,
    Here Is The Definition!

~

After One Completes The Basic Navy Seals Program Which Lasts For Three Weeks,
    And Is Followed By Seal Qualification Training,
    Which Is 15 More Weeks Of Training,
    Necessary To Continue Improving Basic Skills And To Learn New Tactics And Techniques,
    Required For An Assignment To A Navy Seal Platoon .
    After successful completion,
    Trainees Are Given Their Naval Enlisted Code,
    And Are Awarded The Navy Seal Trident Pin .
    With This Gold Pin They Are Now Officially Navy Seals!
    It Was Said,
    That You Could Hear Each Of The 45 Slaps From Across The Cemetery!
    By The Time The Rosewood Casket Reached The Grave Site,
    It Looked As Though It Had A Gold Inlay From The 45 Trident Pins That Lined The Top!

[​IMG]

2. Oct 19, 2010 at 1:17 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    This story and the videos that go with it make me cry every time.

The sound of those pins driving into that wooden top is amazing....I'm kinda getting chills thinking about it. I'll see if I can't dig up the videos I have when I get home.

3. Oct 19, 2010 at 1:30 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    Great post Squad, I pray every day for our men and women of the Armed Forces, and they have my utmost respect. Words cannot express my gratitude to all who have served our country, from those abroad to those here at home.

4. Oct 19, 2010 at 1:32 PM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    RIP Sir.

Very brave person, certainly this is the kind of people our kids should be looking up to. Not sluts like Paris Hilton or the many idiots that play Basketball or football.

5. Oct 19, 2010 at 1:43 PM
    NumNutz

NumNutz One of the original 7928

Member:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4x4 - Kings, TC, Dakars, broken stuff
    Lots.
    Can you post a video of the funeral. I'd like to watch it.

Great post.

6. Oct 19, 2010 at 1:50 PM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    I couldn't find the video of the funeral, only part of it. But I found this video which is good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfK2BQCIIes

7. Oct 19, 2010 at 3:25 PM
    squad314

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    Thanks Bako for that vid......Brunes if you could find the other footage we'd love to see that as well.

8. Oct 19, 2010 at 3:38 PM
    Dimonback

Dimonback Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Austin, Tx, from all over hell and back
    Vehicle:
    Geezer double cab w/ shell
    I've seen the post before. Too bad our mainstream media dismisses incidents like this in favor of gangbangers, whores and politicians. This is what American means to me. We don't need any more heroes- we just need to publicize the ones we already have.

God bless them, every last one of them.

9. Oct 19, 2010 at 3:41 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I wish I could find it- Seems that the actual video has been removed. Most of them are still shot collages...Still got me crying with my son looking at me like I'm crazy.
    This is one of the better ones but it's still the same clip from the end of the first video- I like Gary Sinese's tone/inflection:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEzAfUCiHw8&feature=related

Guys like Mike Monsoor make me damn proud to be an American.

10. Oct 19, 2010 at 3:50 PM
    zx5go

zx5go Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southwest Missouri
    Vehicle:
    2011 Super White TRD Sport
    I sent this story out to the guys I work with shortly after it happened. Movies make it seem like falling on a grenade is just what people do if one is tossed their way...it is not. Human instict is self-preservation above all else. It is the act of a hero to put the lives of others first. Monsoor was in a position to have escaped and instead chose his course of action...chose is probably a very poor term to use as it seems heroism was just part of his nature as this was not his first act of bravery and heroism (just Google it and read).

I told my guys (ok we work in IT so this is never going to happen) if someone throws a grenade at us not only will I run but I will likely kick it your way before I take off. I am not making light of the situation, I'm just saying there are reasons these guys are called heros.

Never Forget.

11. Oct 19, 2010 at 4:07 PM
    squad314

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    Thanks Mark.

12. Oct 19, 2010 at 4:08 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    God Bless Mike Monsoor, and his Familly.

As often as I think to myself that there are shit people in this world, political bullshit, gangs, etc., I try to reflect and give thanks every night to the people that serve this country. There are many Heros out there that go unrecognized every day, and I dont think they get even a fraction of the recognition they deserve. One of the very unfortunate things.......Many dont get the recognition from the civilians they protect, until their untimely death. Please try to find time to thank a member of our service, weatehr public or Military.

13. Oct 19, 2010 at 4:09 PM
    squad314

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    Bingo!

14. Oct 19, 2010 at 4:21 PM
    AK27

AK27 Well-Known Member

Member:
    thanks for posting Marc

15. Oct 19, 2010 at 4:32 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Shit, with balls that big and made out of brass I'm surprised he didn't live and just buff that out.

16. Oct 19, 2010 at 7:14 PM
    JoePa Fan

JoePa Fan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Whip
    Stoney Creek Mills, PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 T/X Pro TRD Black
    CAT back performance exhaust, Bilstein shocks, window vent visors, Access LE tonneau cover, Pop N Lock tailgate lock, TRD beadlock alloy wheels, TRD valve stem covers, tube steps
    A true American hero. Thank you Mike and all the service men and women who sacrifice everyday so that we can live free.

17. Oct 19, 2010 at 7:30 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    Well said Chris, well said. God Speed Mike Monsoor, your country mourns you.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

18. Oct 19, 2010 at 8:01 PM
    BadBrains

BadBrains Spreading the Aloha

Member:
    AL
    Vehicle:
    '07 Tacoma TRD OR, '00 Integra GS-R, '75 C10
    King, TC +2"LT, 35's, Aluminum this and that.
    Oorah Mike Monsoor!

Products Discussed in

To Top