Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Military (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/military/)
-   -   probbly saved a ladys life today (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/military/126091-probbly-saved-ladys-life-today.html)

Detective_Dan 11-30-2010 03:41 PM

probbly saved a ladys life today
 
so i was driving home from base just about a half hour ago, and as im driving pass the chevron station, i see a lady in her convertible porsche boxter. i noticed it was smoking pretty bad but didnt think much of it. not even 200 feet later, i look in my rearview mirror and there is a huge cloud of smoke bigger than the entire gas station. so i fly over into the left lane pull a u-turn and burn out back towards the gas station, full throttle. i pull up next to her and ask if she is ok, and she says "yes im ok, but what do i do, it wont stop smoking?" i said TURN IT OFF. so she does and i say hey pop the hood ( which is in the back of the car) so i could see where the smoke was coming from. couldnt see much. but then i look on the ground under the tailpipe and there is a puddle of oil about 7" across. oil was also in her exhaust.

i then asked her if she was married and she said yes. i told her to call her husband and have him come and get her and DO NOT START THE CAR. she thanked me a million times and then i left.

its a really good thing that the car didnt catch fire cause she was just sitting in it still running when i pulled up. so TW, what do you think caused this problem? clogged pvc valve? blown head gasket? cracked block? worn piston rings?

steve o 77 11-30-2010 03:43 PM

It probably threw a rod or something. Pretty crazy.

MyToyTaco 11-30-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detective_Dan (Post 2440281)
so i was driving home from base just about a half hour ago, and as im driving pass the chevron station, i see a lady in her convertible porsche boxter. i noticed it was smoking pretty bad but didnt think much of it. not even 200 feet later, i look in my rearview mirror and there is a huge cloud of smoke bigger than the entire gas station. so i fly over into the left lane pull a u-turn and burn out back towards the gas station, full throttle. i pull up next to her and ask if she is ok, and she says "yes im ok, but what do i do, it wont stop smoking?" i said TURN IT OFF. so she does and i say hey pop the hood ( which is in the back of the car) so i could see where the smoke was coming from. couldnt see much. but then i look on the ground under the tailpipe and there is a puddle of oil about 7" across. oil was also in her exhaust.

i then asked her if she was married and she said yes. i told her to call her husband and have him come and get her and DO NOT START THE CAR. she thanked me a million times and then i left.

its a really good thing that the car didnt catch fire cause she was just sitting in it still running when i pulled up. so TW, what do you think caused this problem? clogged pvc valve? blown head gasket? cracked block? worn piston rings?

interesting method of picking up women :p

Detective_Dan 11-30-2010 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyToyTaco (Post 2440295)
interesting method of picking up women :p

im 20 years old and married and she was like 45 lol, sooooooo......no

98tacoma27 11-30-2010 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detective_Dan (Post 2440281)
so i was driving home from base just about a half hour ago, and as im driving pass the chevron station, i see a lady in her convertible porsche boxter. i noticed it was smoking pretty bad but didnt think much of it. not even 200 feet later, i look in my rearview mirror and there is a huge cloud of smoke bigger than the entire gas station. so i fly over into the left lane pull a u-turn and burn out back towards the gas station, full throttle. i pull up next to her and ask if she is ok, and she says "yes im ok, but what do i do, it wont stop smoking?" i said TURN IT OFF. so she does and i say hey pop the hood ( which is in the back of the car) so i could see where the smoke was coming from. couldnt see much. but then i look on the ground under the tailpipe and there is a puddle of oil about 7" across. oil was also in her exhaust.

i then asked her if she was married and she said yes. i told her to call her husband and have him come and get her and DO NOT START THE CAR. she thanked me a million times and then i left.

its a really good thing that the car didnt catch fire cause she was just sitting in it still running when i pulled up. so TW, what do you think caused this problem? clogged pvc valve? blown head gasket? cracked block? worn piston rings?

Never pop the hood on a smoking car. It acts like a chimney and can flare up instantly.

blendedfamily 11-30-2010 03:53 PM

Dan -- holloman, eh? Why aren't you on the New Mexico Owners thread yet...?

BrokenTusk 11-30-2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 (Post 2440326)
Never pop the hood on a smoking car. It acts like a chimney and can flare up instantly.

never thought of it in vehicle terms before but your right.

Taco-NB 11-30-2010 04:06 PM

Hey. I'd take a 45 year old! :D

Detective_Dan 11-30-2010 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 (Post 2440326)
Never pop the hood on a smoking car. It acts like a chimney and can flare up instantly.

i had thought about it, and when i popped it, it was barely even smoking but i was more concerned about her sitting in the smoking car than myself

Detective_Dan 11-30-2010 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blendedfamily (Post 2440327)
Dan -- holloman, eh? Why aren't you on the New Mexico Owners thread yet...?

idk haha, where in NM are u at?

daggertats 12-01-2010 02:49 AM

if shes 45 she could have a daughter ....lol

AeroCooper 12-01-2010 03:15 AM

If I'm reading this right, it sounds like she may have put diesel in by accident and that's what was on the ground coming out of the tailpipe and making it smoke like crazy. :notsure:

VTDave 12-01-2010 03:44 AM

It was going to blow up at some point...
 
It probably was a 2.5L Boxster engine. Those had some hideous flaws. The '98-'00 engines had porous blocks that would crack and cylinder sleeves that would slip. Later years had rear main seals that would leak like a sieve, and intermediate shaft bearings that would die. There are lots of reasons why oil would find itself suddenly outside the engine.

I researched all this when I was deciding between an '01 Boxster and an '05 Mustang GT.

I got the Mustang. After 3 years of ownership, it hasn't caught fire.

Detective_Dan 12-01-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AeroCooper (Post 2442318)
If I'm reading this right, it sounds like she may have put diesel in by accident and that's what was on the ground coming out of the tailpipe and making it smoke like crazy. :notsure:

ummmmm no. im a mechanic in the air force, i know what oil looks smells and feels like. it was deffinantly engine oil. i work with diesel and jp-8 turbine generators on a daily basis so i know the difference in diesel and engine oil

08chocotaco 12-01-2010 01:13 PM

maybe it was a decoy for you to help her out...? :) she could be a solid cougar

REX_111_MDG_BMET 12-01-2010 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08chocotaco (Post 2443730)
maybe it was a decoy for you to help her out...? :) she could be a solid cougar

:thumbsup:

YayAreaTaco0311 12-01-2010 01:15 PM

Hell, I'd take a cougar or a milf. But then Marines are known to hit anything that moves...

08chocotaco 12-01-2010 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YayAreaTaco0311 (Post 2443742)
Hell, I'd take a cougar or a milf. But then Marines are known to hit anything that moves...

Im not a marine but id still rail all female

Detective_Dan 12-01-2010 01:20 PM

just sayin TW, SHE WAS NOT WORTH PICKING UP, SHE DEFF WAS NOT A MILF OR COUGAR. SHE WAS FAR FROM IT lol. i already have a hot wife anyways, i was just tryin to help her from possibly burning in her car.

08chocotaco 12-01-2010 01:21 PM

you did a good dead sir. lol but she doesnt know you have a nice look wife:)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:30 PM.