1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AF CCT and Pararescue questions

Discussion in 'Military' started by navysealboy93, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Dec 6, 2010 at 4:30 PM
    navysealboy93

navysealboy93 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Fort Lewis, WA
    Vehicle:
    Isuzu Trooper
    ARB front bumper, wagon wheels, 235/85 wranger's, OME 1.5 in. lift and Dakar springs.
    So I've been talking to TSGT. McCoy my local Air Force recruiter about joining the Air Force, and I gotta say I like the Air Force a lot for the options they have presented. The community college of the AF and also I would get a rank upgrade to E3 (I believe that's correct) seeing how I have obtained the rank of second lieutenant in Civil Air Patrol. I like those things a lot. Now I haven't gone to MEPS or even taken the ASVAB yet so I don't know if I'll even qualify, but I've always been interested in joining special forces so I was thinking of going for Combat Control or Pararescue. Don't get me wrong I don't want to be some kind of hero or anything (AKA: some little kid dreaming of medals and his name in the news) , I just like the adventure of it, the careers that would be available afterword and ultimately to serve my country with some of America's finest. I've been trying to get up to speed with the PT requirements for the P.A.S.T and the schools that would be afterword, but my recruiter has given me all hes got on info for this and I'm having a hard time tracking down serous information for preparation. So please if you have any information that you think could help me with this path I would really appreciate it. Anything! P.A.S.T prep.,what to expect from the schools, your personal experiences/encounters with AFSOC, ect, ect. I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

P.S If you are looking at my screen name and saying WTF? lol. The navy thing is because my father was a Chief in the Navy. He was a diver and submariner, and his stories of his friends in the SEALs are what sparked my interest in U.S Special Ops.

2. Dec 20, 2010 at 3:01 PM
    nrm

nrm Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2011 4.0 DCSB TRD Off-Road
    4-leaf TSB and Eibach 620 coils with Bilstein 5100's set to 0". AFE intake and Gibson cat-back exhaust. Bestop canvas topper
    Check out specialtactics.com
    It should have pretty much any information you're looking for on CCT & PJ

3. Dec 20, 2010 at 5:24 PM
    navysealboy93

navysealboy93 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Fort Lewis, WA
    Vehicle:
    Isuzu Trooper
    ARB front bumper, wagon wheels, 235/85 wranger's, OME 1.5 in. lift and Dakar springs.
    Awesome man, thanks.

Products Discussed in

To Top