Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Military (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/military/)
-   -   Out Of State registration (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/military/224846-out-state-registration.html)

yotanation29 06-15-2012 08:09 PM

Out Of State registration
Hey I just bought my taco from a guy in Arizona but I'm stationed in San diego, this smog stuff is annoying so can I register in my home state without going there?

HIYota 06-15-2012 08:13 PM

You should be able to. I contacted the DMV back home in Hawaii and they sent me the required paperwork to register my truck.

Brunes 06-15-2012 08:17 PM

You should be able too-I bought my 4R in Louisiana an registered it in FL without ever leaving the New Orleans area. Paid 0 sales tax on it as well due to the laws in LA and FL.
Call the DMV or cruise the website.

yotanation29 06-15-2012 08:24 PM

Well I'm from jersey and the guy took his plates so would I get new jersey plates?

HIYota 06-15-2012 08:55 PM

The jersey DMV will mail your plates.

YFZ450MOE 06-15-2012 09:08 PM

Go to jersey DMV website. Print out papers for titleing and registering a vehicle. Fill them out. Also may have to get an odometer check sheet which needs to be filled out by a cop or your CO. Was for me at least. I've done it several times. Also have to prove your home of record to the DMV. It may take awhile to get the Papers straight tho. Calling them will help you out a lot but it def is possible. Them not allowing you is against the law I think. The soldiers and sailors relief act may have something on it.

yotanation29 06-16-2012 12:41 AM


Originally Posted by Idaholandho (Post 5247216)
Your stationed in AZ , live in Cali and from NJ...I have vertigo. Wherever your current home of record is will send paperwork to the state you currently reside in for VIN inspection when that paperwork is complete you will qualify for plates from said state. GL

I'm stationed in San Diego, bought the truck from someone who lives in Arizona where it was last registered, but I am originally from new jersey.
But thanks anyway for the info guys

yotanation29 06-18-2012 04:02 PM

Can I drive around with a copy of my paperwork for registration after its mailed in? The DMV said it'll take 2-3 weeks to get the official registration and plates

YFZ450MOE 06-18-2012 04:38 PM

Talk to the DMV in the state you are in now and see if they can give you a temp pass seeing as you are military. WA gave me one for 45 days for $18

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:30 PM.