Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Military (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/military/)
-   -   Enlighten me on something.. (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/military/232703-enlighten-me-something.html)

BrokenTusk 08-03-2012 10:06 PM

Enlighten me on something..
 
K so here's what I don't understand: If you guys have this huge, worldly sized military in the United States, and this huge massive drug problem domestically, why don't you guys just bring everyone home for a year or two, work with the DEA, and start dismantling the drug trade in your country. To me it just seems like an issue of being horribly undermanned.

Or even help out Mexico?? It seems like dealing with the countries like that where the gangs are better equiped then the cops would be a better useage of resources.

cmack 08-03-2012 10:08 PM

IBTL :locked:

OZ-T 08-03-2012 10:09 PM

Oh dear

Bennett707 08-03-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmack (Post 5486589)
IBTL :locked:

x3

BrokenTusk 08-03-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmack (Post 5486566)
No. US is focused on locking them out. Hispanics will never be 100% stopped from crossing the border illegally. I know what it's like to be an immigrant. Some of the stories I've been told by people who have done it....I completely understand why they risk their life to come to this weird ass country.

People coming in the the country to actually work (whether they're allowed to be there or not) isn't what I'm refering too. I mean like going to stop the influx of drugs or helping the Mexican government fight the gangs. The OBVIOUS criminals, not the small times guys.

JonnyBb 08-03-2012 10:09 PM

Repost

cmack 08-03-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrokenTusk (Post 5486595)
People coming in the the country to actually work (whether they're allowed to be there or not) isn't what I'm refering too. I mean like going to stop the influx of drugs or helping the Mexican government fight the gangs. The OBVIOUS criminals, not the small times guys.

IBTL :locked:

BrokenTusk 08-03-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmack (Post 5486589)
IBTL :locked:

Quote:

Originally Posted by OZ-T (Post 5486592)
Oh dear

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ipreferwater (Post 5486593)
x3

As long as no one starts insulting people it should be fine. I'm hoping to get a few serious answers before then.

MountainEarth 08-03-2012 10:10 PM

Never ever going to stop it. Better to work on managing addiction, and help people make better choices than pretending we will ever stop our 30,000 year pursuit of altered consciousness.

hendooman 08-03-2012 10:11 PM

Why would we want to get rid of all the drugs? :notsure:

cmack 08-03-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrokenTusk (Post 5486604)
As long as no one starts insulting people it should be fine. I'm hoping to get a few serious answers before then.

FU DB BROKENTESTICAL

BulletToothTony 08-03-2012 10:13 PM

IBTL :locked:

and drugs make money, money fuels our army, so why stop drugs :spy:

cmack 08-03-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BulletToothTony (Post 5486632)
IBTL :locked:

and drugs make money, money fuels our army, so why stop drugs :spy:

Riddle me this batman. If I force sex upon a prostitute....is it rape.......or shoplifting?

Bennett707 08-03-2012 10:14 PM

aye wut aboot canada aye

BrokenTusk 08-03-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MountainEarth (Post 5486605)
Never ever going to stop it. Better to work on managing addiction, and help people make better choices than pretending we will ever stop our 30,000 year pursuit of altered consciousness.

True, but I just can't seem to understand why there is this massive military complex and they don't seem to aid local issues?? Maybe they do and I'm just not aware of it, completely possible.
Quote:

Originally Posted by hendooman (Post 5486610)
Why would we want to get rid of all the drugs? :notsure:

I'm all for legalizing and taxing pot (even though I don't even touch drugs), but thats not the point I'm refering too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmack (Post 5486612)
FU DB BROKENTESTICAL

Your just jealous your testicals aren't broken.

cmack 08-03-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrokenTusk (Post 5486643)
True, but I just can't seem to understand why there is this massive military complex and they don't seem to aid local issues?? Maybe they do and I'm just not aware of it, completely possible.

I'm all for legalizing and taxing pot (even though I don't even touch drugs), but thats not the point I'm refering too.


Your just jealous your testicals aren't broken.

Bust a nut!

SalmonTaco 08-03-2012 10:16 PM

How many barrels of Canada oil fit in an X-Runner?

OZ-T 08-03-2012 10:16 PM

Lol

BrokenTusk 08-03-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BulletToothTony (Post 5486632)
IBTL :locked:

and drugs make money, money fuels our army, so why stop drugs :spy:

But that money remains technically "Off the books" as they say, right? So I don't see it benefiting armies. Maybe local economies when drug dealers have to go buy groceries and such.
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmack (Post 5486640)
Riddle me this batman. If I force sex upon a prostitute....is it rape.......or shoplifting?

Depends, is it in an alley or a mall kiosk?

KalamaKid 08-03-2012 10:17 PM

Defense drives the american economy. I'd be out of a job without it :(


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:19 PM.