1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Orders revoked due to EFMP

Discussion in 'Military' started by AlphaEcho2k5, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Apr 6, 2013 at 7:51 AM
    AlphaEcho2k5

AlphaEcho2k5 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Hurlburt Field, FL
    Vehicle:
    '02 4Runner
    All,

Background: I entered EFMP because my Wife had gone through Thyroid Cancer (2 surgeries) and was also diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in the last 2 years. I received orders to Columbus AFB, MS in late January. Well I was notified Thursday that "travel is not recommended" by the gaining base. My question has anyone out there had orders revoked by EFMP? and if so how was the process in getting reassigned to another base/location? My RNLT date to Columbus was 30 AUG 13, I'm currently in a controlled tour and have been on station for 45 months.Thanks.

2. Apr 6, 2013 at 6:22 PM
    AlphaEcho2k5

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Hurlburt Field, FL
    Vehicle:
    '02 4Runner
    Looks like I'm the first, I'll let you guys know how the process goes. Don't delay getting enrolled into EFMP, it's mandatory.

3. Apr 7, 2013 at 8:43 AM
    Yoshio

Yoshio Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 SW 2.7L 4x4 SR5
    Double Cab Step Tubes, 35% Tint Front Windows, Husky Mud Flaps, Illuminated 4x4 Switch, Debadged, DEPO LED tailights, Undercover SE Tonneau Cover, Panavise In-Dash Mount, Plasti-Dipped Front Bumper Lip, OEM Front Fogs, Rear Fog Lamp, LEDs throughout, Door Sill Protectors, Color Matched Satoshi, Rear Window Security Bar, ImMrYo Rear Mirror Bracket, Added factory DTRLs & DTRL kill switch, Rear Diff Breather Mod, 17" FJ Alloy Rims, Sport shocks coils leafs, DEPO black headlights, off-road recovery hook, skid plate, BT-35 TOY Bluetooth kit
    Hi, we're EFMP too (need to be near an ophthalmologist) and I'm working now on my second set of orders since we enrolled. I had to accept my assignment and work on the normal out-processing as the EFMP process works its "magic". If I get denied orders, then the EFMP office will send the required notice to MPF, who alerts AFPC. Once AFPC is notified, they try to match you against another job, you might have to wait for another assignment cycle to come around (depends on your career field).

Something my supervisor had me do and has worked 2 times now, is to fill out your ADP or dreamsheet with only places you know work for your situation, then in the comments area, write "all my selections are compatible with the needs of my EFMP family" or something like that.

Good luck, I got my assignment in February and our EFMP interview is next week... everything about it takes forever!

Edit: my assignments team (on their annual road-show here) said that each re-assignment is a case-by-case basis, sometimes they can match you up immediately, and sometimes they can't, but the default is to leave you in place regardless of code/control tour status until they have positive confirmation another location works.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  4. Apr 11, 2013 at 4:48 PM
    AlphaEcho2k5

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Hurlburt Field, FL
    Vehicle:
    '02 4Runner
    Thanks for the info, I just submitted my cancellation for the orders to Columbus in vMPF today. I can say the enrollment into EFMP was especially an ass pain going between Air Force and Army EFMP offices.

Products Discussed in

To Top