1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any USAF CSO's here?

Discussion in 'Military' started by beastlytaco, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Apr 14, 2013 at 9:20 PM
    beastlytaco

beastlytaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab SR5
    just curious what its like to be a CSO in the airforce. Looking at going USAF after college.

i know its tough for non AFROTC and non-academy graduates to get into OTS, but i graduate in a year and was just curious about what kind of options im looking at.

2. Apr 15, 2013 at 10:53 AM
    Zoot

Zoot Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC/SB TRD O/R 4X4
    Toyota bed mat, Wet Okole's F&R, Window Tint, custom trail-stripes, Cooper A/T3 265/75R16, MedlinAround interior LEDs, Leer 100r, aFe air filter, K&n cabin filter
    Slim to none as I understand, I know the AF took more civilians to OTS than enlisted last year. I think around 100 civilians and 40ish enlisted. With the sequestration and cutting active duty numbers etc and transitioning to a "peace time" period the demand is lowered. More with less.

Talk to a recruiter for a better answer.

3. Jun 2, 2013 at 10:15 AM
    JustBeGood

JustBeGood Member

Member:
    SJAFB
    Vehicle:
    10 DCLB 4WD
    What the hell is a CSO? 21 years in and have never heard of one.

4. Jun 2, 2013 at 3:30 PM
    beastlytaco

beastlytaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab SR5
    officially known as Combat systems officer. basically a combination of weapons systems officer, navigator and radar technician all roled into one job position.

5. Jun 18, 2013 at 9:56 PM
    IluvTEA

IluvTEA Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    '10 DC LB 4x4 SR5 Super White
    Cooper ST 265/75/16 on Flat Black TRD OR wheels, window tint, blacked-out badges, front mudflap trim, BHLM, Base Black Rear Bumper Swap, Color-matched grille, Custom Relentless Fab plate bumper powdercoated flat wrinkle black and "TACOMA" backlit with Drunknsloth LEDs, Camburg 2.5" coilovers, LR UCAs, Power sliding rear window, Back-up camera anytime, FX-R projectors/Morimoto 3Five Ballasts/D2S bulbs 5000K, Black WeatherTechs, heated TRD seats with Roadwire Graphite Leather, OEM Roof Rack, front mud flap delete, Black Level 8 Guardians, TreadWright 285/75/16 with KG ...

hey dude, Shoot me a PM if you have any questions. I've been through the CSO training. It is a buzz-word at the school house. We don't use the C-word once you get to your MWS.

You can also check out baseops.com or airforceots.com. Both are forum type sites that will give you a lot more up to date info, the former is more pilot-centric and the latter is more focused on OTS but they will both help you out along the way. I think there is a CSO specific site too, but I can't remember the name of it.

Correct, you can also add EWO to one of the jobs that is under the CSO umbrella.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top