1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Air Force VSP, Early Retirement Notifications?

Discussion in 'Military' started by AlphaEcho2k5, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Jan 5, 2014 at 9:01 AM
    AlphaEcho2k5

AlphaEcho2k5 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Hurlburt Field, FL
    Vehicle:
    '02 4Runner
    Anyone else get the generic Force Reduction email? If so are you planning to take the offer? or try and stick it out? In my career field of 1,500+ our E4-E6 are eligible. I'm hopeful all the bitter, POS Airman take the bait/opportunity to get out. It's the involuntary talk that I hope we can avoid but considering this is a 4-5 year proposal it may come down to it. I'd just hate to pass on the VSP and get tagged for involuntary a couple years down the road. Your thoughts?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  2. Jan 5, 2014 at 9:21 AM
    FTD

FTD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Involuntaries are already here, just not for you - not yet. I interviewed a bunch of Marines last year who'd gotten their walking papers. Do not understand how the defense budget is still going up while guys are getting RIFed out of needed positions.

3. Jan 5, 2014 at 9:26 AM
    AirForceTacoma08

AirForceTacoma08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adan
    From AZ but Utah living
    Vehicle:
    08 Taco DCSB
    URD CAI throttle body spacer doug thorley headers straight pipes magnalow muffler URD MAF Sensor Calibrator
    As the old saying goes "do you really think they spent $20,000 on a hammer, and $30,000 on a toilet seat do you"

4. Jan 30, 2014 at 3:39 PM
    JustBeGood

JustBeGood Member

Member:
    SJAFB
    Vehicle:
    10 DCLB 4WD
    AlphaE, take your chances. If your EPR's/record is strong = all 5's, you more than likely WON'T get tagged during the Enlisted Retention Boards in the future. This is a great opportunity to get rid of some of the POS Airmen of which you speak. I'm looking forward to it, because I may get tagged to sit on these boards and do your bidding to get these POS's back to their mommies!!:)

BTW, if you do get hit for involuntary sep, they'll pay you anyways, just like if you had voluntarily chosen separation.

Products Discussed in

To Top