1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What to expect from recruiter

Discussion in 'Military' started by zzdrewman, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Sep 24, 2009 at 1:03 AM
    zzdrewman

zzdrewman [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    SC
    So, I've searched this, but never got exactly what I wanted.

I am going to visit with the Air Force recruiter tomorrow and I want to know if there is anything that I should listen for, or certain things I should say or ask. Yes, I'll admit it, I'm super nervous. This post may be just a useless, nervous ramble. I just want an opinion from those who are AF.

I am graduating from college in May and would like to get involved with the ROTC here and get a taste. I really feel that this is what I need to do.

I talked to some recruiters back in high school, but never went through with it. I never stopped thinking about it though. It's always on the brain. I'm not sure what I want to do, but I want to serve and become the person that I've always wanted to be. If a masters degree also comes out of that, well, I'll take it.

Thanks guys/gals

2. Sep 24, 2009 at 1:10 AM
    28Gauge

28Gauge Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Grapevine, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    Sockmonkey Graphics, K&N Drop In Air Filter, 265/75/16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T's, Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Mats, Dee Zee Bed Mat, Map Light/Dome Light LED's, Flo-Pro Muffler w/Stainless Steel Tip, Dome Light/Map Light Mod, Mobil 1 Synthetic Motor Oil, LED Cupholder Mod, Grillcraft with TOYOTA emblem, Vision 375 Warrior Wheels, Extra Bed D Ring Mod, TRD Skidplate, Bilstein 5100's on all four corners, Front 5100's set at zero with Eibach springs, Toytec 1.5" rear TSB add-a-leaf springs, Toytec swaybar relocate kit, Katzkin Leather Seating, Front Window Tint
    If you are interested in ROTC, then you should stop their campus office and talk to them first. They can tell you what you will need to do to get in their program.

3. Sep 24, 2009 at 1:13 AM
    zzdrewman

zzdrewman [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    SC
    I would, but our ROTC is sucha weird program. There is no office on campus and we have to do some strange things to even be involved. I just want to get involved and get it going.

4. Sep 24, 2009 at 2:02 AM
    mpgnc64

mpgnc64 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike and Denise
    Western NC
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Access cab 4cyl 5spd, 2000 Prerunner
    Tool box, Thule rack, rod holders, 5100s at 1.75 and the TSB
    Skip the enlisted accesions recruiter and see a Officer recruiter. They recruit college grads all the time. It will depend on what your major is and what you want to do. IF YOU HAVE A 4 YEAR DEGREE DONT GO ENLISTED. Every recruiting sqaudron has a college recruiter, ask the enlisted recruiter who it is and call them. PM me if you want I may be able to help direct you in the direction you want to go.

5. Sep 25, 2009 at 7:37 PM
    Reznor88

Reznor88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    '06 PreRunner DC Off Road
    x2

If your degree allows you to go Officer then there's no reason to go the enlisted route. You've earned the degree you might as well make use of it...and Officer pay is better. If for whatever reason you can't go Officer, at least make sure you get your 2 stripes out of all college credit you have.

Products Discussed in

To Top