1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone from Moab Utah? Moab 4x4 Outpost

Discussion in 'Moab' started by MJonesTrumpet, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Aug 16, 2010 at 7:37 AM
    MJonesTrumpet

MJonesTrumpet [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Central PA
    So...I'm trying to complete my dual battery build. I have everything all worked out, except a tray that will correctly fit two 34/78 optima batteries. I found a tray online that is exactly what I'm looking for, I ordered a different one that put a half in space between the batteries, and Apparently there is litterally only enough room for the two batteries precisely side by side. Anyway, found this great tray, decent price even. But shipping is twice the price of the tray...they only ship united states postal service...there has to be a way to ship it far cheaper, ups? fedex?. The tray isnt that heavy and its really not even that big. Has anyone ever gotten anything from them? It looks like their shop is an actual shop, not just an online store.

M40 - Moab 4x4 Outpost

1805 South Hwy 191
    Moab, UT 84532
    435-259-1109

there website is http://www.moab4x4outpost.com/servlet/the-92/Optima-Dual-Battery-Tray/Detail

anyone know anything about them? Its even 66 dollars to ship to an address IN Moab...that seems a bit ridiculous to me...I know shipping heavy items through the USPS is never a cost effective choice...I'm going to email their sales people and see if they would consider UPS or FedEx.

2. Aug 16, 2010 at 4:11 PM
    Manlaan

Manlaan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Riverton, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2002 XtraCab SR5 V6 4x4 Black
    See Signature
    I know it may be cheating and they may not like it, but they have their store setup kinda odd for shipping. No clue if they'll catch and/or complain about it, or if thats the way its meant to be.

Add in a cheap product to the cart as well, like http://www.moab4x4outpost.com/servlet/the-100/Moab,-Utah-Backcountry-Trail/Detail (costs $3.00 makes shipping $1.00), or http://www.moab4x4outpost.com/servlet/the-51/Door-Limit-Straps/Detail ($15 but $0. shipping). See if there's something else you want from them that will reduce shipping drastically.

3. Aug 16, 2010 at 4:23 PM
    MJonesTrumpet

MJonesTrumpet [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Central PA

REP TO YOU!!!!

You just had the freaking most amazing find ever. I went with the 3 dollar map thing with a dollar shipping, 4 bucks total, and ordered my battery tray, shipping for everything was 1 dollar! Charged my card accordingly. I'll keep my eye on my web banking to make sure they dont try to charge me for extra shipping, but you my friend, are amazing. Lots and lots of rep to you!

Products Discussed in

To Top